|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Boris afraid for when the Tsar meets with the abbot?
(a) His safety.
(b) His land.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
2. What does Ivan do when his journey is interrupted?
(a) Turns to gambling and stealing.
(b) Enters a monastery.
(c) Returns home.
(d) Hides until he could continue.
3. Who is Stanislaus?
(a) A Polish official.
(b) A Ukrainian diplomat.
(c) A Russian warrior.
(d) A Russian general.
4. What is Boris hoping for?
(a) A favor from a Tsar.
(b) Assistance from his brother's family.
(c) Forgiveness before he dies.
(d) Relief forces to lift the siege.
5. Who is Purgas?
(a) A Mordvinian slave.
(b) A Kievan prince.
(c) A Russian officer.
(d) A Mongol warrior.
6. How does Stenka Razin die?
(a) He is assassinated.
(b) He is killed by the Tsar.
(c) He is killed by a lover's husband.
(d) He is killed in battle.
7. Where does Yanka go to live with Purgas?
(b) The Steppe.
(c) The Ukraine.
(d) The Black Lands.
8. What is the state of the Mongols in 1237?
(a) Seething with tribal politics.
(b) Fragmented by regional divisions.
(c) Civil war.
(d) United under Genghis Khan.
9. Who had killed Yanka's mother?
(a) The Cumins.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Tatars.
(d) The Russians.
10. What is the capital of Russia in Chapter 2?
11. What happens when Boris says that one of the monks is guilty of heresy?
(a) The icons are taken down.
(b) Stephen is executed.
(c) Nothing happens.
(d) The Tsar confiscates his land.
12. What does Elena tell Boris that makes him happy?
(a) That the children will listen to her.
(b) That his doctor said he will be better soon.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That the Tsar is going to help them.
13. What do the Cossacks get in 1649?
(d) A territory within Poland.
14. What causes the Boyar to have pains in his chest and feet when he leaves the house?
(a) Yanka buried Peter's head near his door.
(b) Wounds from a battle he fought.
(c) He is old and dying.
(d) A spell cast by an enemy.
15. Where have Ivan's father and brothers gone?
(a) To quell the revolt.
(b) To protect the women and cattle.
(c) To participate in the revolt.
(d) To raid Kiev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Stanislaus bring to Andrei Karpenko's family?
2. What is taking place in Moscow in November?
3. Who does Andrei stay with on his travels?
4. What is Russia known as under Ivan?
5. Whose arrival is Milei waiting for in 1262?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)