|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this village located?
(a) Near Scandinavia.
(b) The Russian far east.
(c) The Russian heartland.
(d) On the border of Europe.
2. What does Ivan do when his journey is interrupted?
(a) Enters a monastery.
(b) Returns home.
(c) Hides until he could continue.
(d) Turns to gambling and stealing.
3. What is the veche?
(a) An assembly.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The police.
(d) The borderland.
4. What idea caused Patriarch Nikon to be exiled?
(a) That the peasants should profit from their labor.
(b) That the peasants should have rights.
(c) That the Tsar should be subject to the people.
(d) That the church should have authority over the Tsar.
5. Whose military does Andrei Karpenko join after Stanislaus' visit?
(a) The Cossacks.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Poles.
(d) The Tatars.
6. Why does Yanka kill Peter?
(a) He was going to lead his people against hers.
(b) He tried to steal from her.
(c) He killed her mother.
(d) He raped her daughter.
7. What happens when Boris says that one of the monks is guilty of heresy?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) Stephen is executed.
(c) The icons are taken down.
(d) The Tsar confiscates his land.
8. Who does Stephen say will help the peasants?
(b) The Tsar.
(c) No one.
(d) The monastery.
9. Who is Yanka?
(a) A daughter of Mengu.
(b) Batu Khan's daughter.
(c) Milei's sister.
(d) A descendent of Shchek.
10. What does Kiy ask his Uncle Mal?
(a) Whether he captured a bear cub.
(b) What is for dinner.
(c) When he can go on the warpath.
(d) When they will move to the hunting grounds.
11. What causes the Boyar to have pains in his chest and feet when he leaves the house?
(a) Yanka buried Peter's head near his door.
(b) He is old and dying.
(c) Wounds from a battle he fought.
(d) A spell cast by an enemy.
12. Who finds Ivan?
(b) One of his father's grooms.
(c) One of his brothers.
(d) One of the Prince of Polotsk's men.
13. What does the revolt make Ivan nervous about?
(a) His territory's defenses.
(b) His merchandise.
(c) His father's safety.
(d) His soldiers' safety.
14. Where does Yanka go to live with Purgas?
(b) The Ukraine.
(c) The Black Lands.
(d) The Steppe.
15. Where have Ivan's father and brothers gone?
(a) To raid Kiev.
(b) To protect the women and cattle.
(c) To quell the revolt.
(d) To participate in the revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who revolts in 1067?
2. What does Sviatopolk try to do?
3. What does Mal tell him in answer to his question?
4. How does Stenka Razin die?
5. Who is elected elder of Dirty Place?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)