|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen change for the priests' sake?
(a) His religion.
(b) Some icons.
(c) His language.
(d) How much money he contributes to the peasants.
2. What does the leader tell the Alans?
(a) That they will not fight for Rome.
(b) That they will not take Kiy.
(c) That they will not attack Lebed's village.
(d) That they will take Kiy with them.
3. What does the revolt make Ivan nervous about?
(a) His soldiers' safety.
(b) His merchandise.
(c) His territory's defenses.
(d) His father's safety.
4. What does Ivan do in 1564?
(a) Change religion.
(b) Step down from the throne.
(c) Divide his estate.
(d) Go to war.
5. What is taking place in Moscow in November?
(a) Heresy trials.
(b) A tournament.
(c) Feast days.
(d) The coronation.
6. What does Yanka get a woman to help her do?
(a) Abort a pregnancy.
(b) Win a husband.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Make money.
7. When is Bright Week?
(a) The week after Easter.
(b) The week after May day.
(c) The week after Christmas.
(d) The week after the summer solstice.
8. Who do the Cossacks meet with during Bright Week?
(a) Stenka Razin.
9. Who does Nikita's serving girl resemble?
10. Who dies Elena spend most of her time with?
(b) Her children.
(c) Her family.
(d) The Tsar.
11. What is Boris afraid for when the Tsar meets with the abbot?
(a) His son.
(b) His safety.
(c) His wife.
(d) His land.
12. Who is Maryushka married to?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A merchant.
(c) An officer.
(d) A steward.
13. What does Ivan tell his parents he wants to be?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A prince.
(c) A monk.
(d) A doctor.
14. What is the veche?
(a) An assembly.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The borderland.
(d) The police.
15. Where is this village located?
(a) On the border of Europe.
(b) Near Scandinavia.
(c) The Russian heartland.
(d) The Russian far east.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Russian government like in 1662?
2. When did Patriarch Nikon's reforms begin?
3. When does Chapter 2 take place?
4. Whose military does Andrei Karpenko join after Stanislaus' visit?
5. Who marries Milei's youngest son?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)