Russia and 1848
1. When did the Decembrist rebellion take place?
2. Who was the Tsar following the Decembrist rebellion?
(a) Nicholas II.
(c) Nicholas I.
3. How did the Tsar's political stance change after the Decembrist rebellion?
(a) He stepped down.
(b) He adopted a series of reforms.
(c) He abandoned tradition.
(d) He moved away from reform.
4. When had the European states experienced revolution?
5. What had been the outcome of the European states' revolution?
(a) A new era of peace.
(b) The revolution failed.
(c) The Thirty-Years' War.
(d) Napoleonic wars.
6. What did the Tsar see himself as defending for his country?
(a) Opportunity and liberty.
(b) The property of landowners.
(c) Civil rights for serfs and peasants.
(d) Autocracy, religion and order.
7. What did the Tsar see himself defending the country against?
(a) Anarchist mobs.
(b) Selfish aristocrats.
(c) Atheism, liberalism and revolution.
(d) Reforms in land ownership and use.
8. What measures did the Tsar take to assert his values?
(a) He repressed all signs of dissent and unorthodoxy.
(b) He imprisoned his former supporters.
(c) He declared martial law.
(d) He gave serfs and women the right to vote.
This section contains 5,634 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)