|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose scouts are scouring the field looking for the dead and for equipment in "The Death of Dolgushov"?
2. When the couple in "Sunstroke" wakes up in the morning, what does the lieutenant smell in the air?
3. When Paka asked why the boys are armed as they are, who do they say they are?
4. Who is charged with watching over Paka?
5. How does the aunt put out the candles in "Yuletide Story"?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Clothesmender", what is the reason that the tailor Laputin has a French sign calling him Lepoutant? What happens, ironically, to his benefactor of the same name at the end of the story? Why is this ironic?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bunin describe the woman in "Sunstroke"? What does she look like? What is her nature like? How do these things captivate the lieutenant?
Essay Topic 3
How is it that Varka becomes a nanny to the cobbler's baby? What has happened to her family? How is she treated by the cobbler and his wife?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)