|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Sunstroke", how old is the woman's child?
2. What does Dolgushov say to use on him when the narrator finds him?
3. What does the lieutenant drink when he gets back to the hotel in "Sunstroke"?
4. Whom does Varka see as the enemy in her dream state?
5. When the couple in "Sunstroke" wakes up in the morning, what does the lieutenant smell in the air?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Death of Dolgushov", what has happened in battle to cause Korochayev's situation? What does Afonka think will happen to him? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does the situation of Major Kovalyov's missing nose in Gogol's "The Nose" resolve itself? Who is the blamed for the situation? Where is this person caught? Does the Nose eventually appear back onto Major Kovalyov's? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
In "Bobok", how does the homespun philosopher, Platon Nikolayevich, explain why the people in the graveyard are still conscious after they die? What qualifies him to speak on the subject? What does he say of the death of the body?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)