Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor forget at the middle-aged citizen's apartment?
2. In front of the Icon in "Sleepy", what color light is burning?
3. What is the name of Varka's mother?
4. What is the specialty of the doctor in "Yuletide Story"?
5. Where do the narrator of "The Death of Dolgushov" and Grishchuk get fired upon near the town by enemy scouts?
Essay Topic 1
What longings torment Paka in "In Bondage" that cause him to want to leave the safety of his normal home life? How does his mother's attitude contribute to this?
Essay Topic 2
How does the situation of Major Kovalyov's missing nose in Gogol's "The Nose" resolve itself? Who is the blamed for the situation? Where is this person caught? Does the Nose eventually appear back onto Major Kovalyov's? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
In "Bobok", how does the homespun philosopher, Platon Nikolayevich, explain why the people in the graveyard are still conscious after they die? What qualifies him to speak on the subject? What does he say of the death of the body?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)