|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of steamer does the woman take when she leaves the lieutenant in "Sunstroke"?
2. What does the narrator of "Yuletide Story" say has likely caused the doctor's voice to grow husky and cracked?
3. Who is charged with watching over Paka?
4. What will Varka's employers do if she falls asleep?
5. What part of the body does the middle-aged citizen who comes to visit the doctor in "Yuletide Story" complain about?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the chores Varka has to perform. When does she have time for sleep? What adds to her work at the end, which finally pushes her over the edge? What moral is the story trying to convey?
Essay Topic 2
In "The Death of Dolgushov", what has happened in battle to cause Korochayev's situation? What does Afonka think will happen to him? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the hussar in Pushkin's "The Stationmaster" cons Dunya and her father into letting him stay there for a few days. What is his ultimate agenda? Is he successful? Why doe they seem to trust him?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)