Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor forget at the middle-aged citizen's apartment?
2. In front of the Icon in "Sleepy", what color light is burning?
3. What is the name of Varka's mother?
4. What is the specialty of the doctor in "Yuletide Story"?
5. Where do the narrator of "The Death of Dolgushov" and Grishchuk get fired upon near the town by enemy scouts?
Essay Topic 1
What is the function of the blue phial in "The Cave"? How does this add to the sense of foreboding in the story? What agreement does Masha hint at about the phial?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Major Kovalyov reacts to the situation of his missing nose in Gogol's "The Nose". What does he do for a living? How does he perceive his station in life? What are his biggest fears about his missing nose?
Essay Topic 3
In "A Living Relic", how does Lukerya perceive her plight? How does she cope with being alone most of the time? What is her state of mind? How does she sleep? Who visits her and how does she feel about these visits?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)