Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor forget at the middle-aged citizen's apartment?
2. In front of the Icon in "Sleepy", what color light is burning?
3. What is the name of Varka's mother?
4. What is the specialty of the doctor in "Yuletide Story"?
5. Where do the narrator of "The Death of Dolgushov" and Grishchuk get fired upon near the town by enemy scouts?
Why doesn't the narrator kill Dolgushov in "The Death of Dolgushov"? What does he do instead? What condition is Dolgushov in? Why does he seek death?
In "The Clothesmender", what is the reason that the tailor Laputin has a French sign calling him Lepoutant? What happens, ironically, to his benefactor of the same name at the end of the story? Why is this ironic?
How does Tolstoy characterize each of the three hermits in "The Three Hermits"? How do these descriptions obscure the true nature of the power that the hermits have? How is this ironic in light of the Bishop's visit to the island?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)