Mid-Book Test (up to The Clothesmender by Nikolay Leskov)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. How are the three hermits described?
2. What is painted on the sign by the gate in "The Clothesmender"?
3. When confronted by Major Kovalyov, what line of work does the nose say he is in?
4. What does Prince Vyazemsky facetiously call a person who holds the post of stationmaster?
5. What is the last thing Lukerya asks of Pyotr Petrovich?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. Who visits the stationmaster's grave at the end of...
This section contains 1,000 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)