Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
2. What grade is the stationmaster?
3. What language are the verses in that tell the story on the stationmaster's wall?
4. What is painted on the sign by the gate in "The Clothesmender"?
5. How are the three hermits described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits the stationmaster's grave at the end of the story and what does he realize?
2. What does Zoshchenko write about "Yuletide Story"?
3. What happens as the Bishop returns to the ship in "The Three Hermits"?
4. What does Grishchuk say about women and why?
5. In "In Bondage", what happens during the dinner party of Paka's mother and afterward?
6. What is Masha's condition in "The Cave"?
7. What is Klinevich getting at with wanting to get rid of being ashamed while the corpses are conscious?
8. How does Dunya's father react to the hussar's asking if he can take her to church?
9. What is Ivan Ivanovich's impression of the voices coming from the graves when he first hears them?
10. How is the doctor in "Yuletide Story" described?
In "The Clothesmender", what is the reason that the tailor Laputin has a French sign calling him Lepoutant? What happens, ironically, to his benefactor of the same name at the end of the story? Why is this ironic?
In "A Living Relic", how does Lukerya perceive her plight? How does she cope with being alone most of the time? What is her state of mind? How does she sleep? Who visits her and how does she feel about these visits?
How does the situation of Major Kovalyov's missing nose in Gogol's "The Nose" resolve itself? Who is the blamed for the situation? Where is this person caught? Does the Nose eventually appear back onto Major Kovalyov's? If so, how?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)