|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the house-chairman in "The Cave" jokingly say he prefers when asked if he would like some tea?
(a) Irish cream.
2. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor prescribe for the middle-aged citizen?
(a) Ammoniac aniseed drops.
(b) Hawthorn root extract.
(c) Lemon oil.
(d) Elixir of arsenic.
3. When Paka asked why the boys are armed as they are, who do they say they are?
4. What does Dolgushov hand to the troop commander?
(a) His flints.
(b) His regimental book.
(c) His telephone.
(d) His eyeglasses.
5. Which composer's Opus 74 lies on Martin's desk?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does "Yuletide Story" take place?
2. Whom does Varka see as the enemy in her dream state?
3. What does the wife of Martin Martinych's downstairs neighbor hide under a napkin when he comes into their room?
4. In "Sunstroke", how old is the woman's child?
5. What will Varka's employers do if she falls asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "In Bondage", what happens during the dinner party of Paka's mother and afterward?
2. What is Masha's condition in "The Cave"?
3. What does Paka believe about the boys he sees passing by his house?
4. What does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" do when he goes back to the hotel room alone?
5. How does Zamyatin describe the bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay in "The Cave"?
6. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
7. What does Zoshchenko write about "Yuletide Story"?
8. What happens to Varka's father in the hospital and why?
9. Why is Varka so tired?
10. How do the peasant women treat the lieutenant at the market in "Sunstroke"?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)