|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin Martinych's face is as if it is made of clay, like many faces, back to whom?
(d) Peter the Great.
2. What does the aunt of the middle-aged citizen want from the doctor?
(a) More medicine.
(b) A bandage.
(c) A house call for her ailing nephew.
(d) A death certificate.
3. What does Dolgushov say to use on him when the narrator finds him?
(c) A cartridge.
(d) A knife.
4. In "The Death of Dolgushov", who is the disgraced commander of the Fourth Division?
5. What sort of eau de cologne scent is left in the hotel by the woman in "Sunstroke"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Varka's late father?
2. What does Paka consider himself to be?
3. What is playing below the window when Martin Martinych comes over to Masha's house while she is playing piano?
4. How is the woman who comes to the doctor's office in "Yuletide Story" described?
5. What does Paka think of the boys who pass his house on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
2. What does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" do when he goes back to the hotel room alone?
3. In "Yuletide Story," what does the doctor think when he goes to the patient's apartment after his aunt tells him he has died?
4. How are the conditions at the Obertyshevs' place?
5. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
6. How do the peasant women treat the lieutenant at the market in "Sunstroke"?
7. How is the doctor in "Yuletide Story" described?
8. In "Sunstroke", how does the woman react to the lieutenant's suggestion that they get off the boat together?
9. What happens to Varka's father in the hospital and why?
10. What does the doctor say that Varka's father should do in the dream she has while holding the baby?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)