|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which day do Martin Martinych and Masha board up the study?
(b) Unity Day.
(d) Intercession Day.
2. Martin Martinych's face is as if it is made of clay, like many faces, back to whom?
(a) Peter the Great.
3. How does the aunt put out the candles in "Yuletide Story"?
(a) By turning them upside down and smashing the wicks.
(b) With her fingers.
(c) By blowing them out.
(d) With a snuffer.
4. What does Grishchuk have with him all the time?
(a) A broken fly swatter.
(b) A cart.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A camera.
5. What does the narrator of "Yuletide Story" say has likely caused the doctor's voice to grow husky and cracked?
(a) Alcohol consumption.
(b) Eating coarse food.
(c) Yelling at his nurses.
(d) Being around sick people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does "Yuletide Story" take place?
2. When the couple in "Sunstroke" wakes up in the morning, what does the lieutenant smell in the air?
3. What does the aunt of the middle-aged citizen want from the doctor?
4. Which composer's Opus 74 lies on Martin's desk?
5. Whose scouts are scouring the field looking for the dead and for equipment in "The Death of Dolgushov"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)