|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paka consider himself to be?
(a) A prince.
(b) A dog.
(c) A knight.
(d) A frog.
2. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what city has the enemy been beaten out of in a counterattack?
3. In "Sunstroke", how old is the woman's child?
4. What is playing below the window when Martin Martinych comes over to Masha's house while she is playing piano?
(a) A violin.
(b) An organ-grinder.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A bassoon.
5. What does the wife of Martin Martinych's downstairs neighbor hide under a napkin when he comes into their room?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A coin.
(d) A coal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martin Martinych's face is as if it is made of clay, like many faces, back to whom?
2. In "Sunstroke", what does the lieutenant hear in the cathedral?
3. What is the occupation of Varka's master?
4. What will Varka's employers do if she falls asleep?
5. What does the doctor forget at the middle-aged citizen's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grishchuk say about women and why?
2. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
3. Why is Varka so tired?
4. What does Zoshchenko write about "Yuletide Story"?
5. How do the peasant women treat the lieutenant at the market in "Sunstroke"?
6. In "Sunstroke", how does the woman react to the lieutenant's suggestion that they get off the boat together?
7. How are the conditions at the Obertyshevs' place?
8. What happens when Varka decides she must be free of what shackles her at the end of Sleepy?
9. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
10. How does Zamyatin describe the bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay in "The Cave"?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)