|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paka think of the boys who pass his house on the road?
(a) They are stupid.
(b) They are sick.
(c) They are lucky.
(d) They are rich.
2. What is the name of Varka's mother?
3. What does Dolgushov do for a job?
(a) Livery man.
4. Where does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" go first to assuage his loneliness for the woman?
(b) The ballet.
(c) The market.
5. How old is Nanny Varka?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lieutenant drink when he gets back to the hotel in "Sunstroke"?
2. What is the unshaven porter wearing when the couple disembarks the boat in "Sunstroke"?
3. When Paka asked why the boys are armed as they are, who do they say they are?
4. How much does the prescription cost that the doctor issues to the middle-aged citizen in "Yuletide Story"?
5. What does Paka see on the eldest boy that surprises him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Varka's father in the hospital and why?
2. What happens when Varka decides she must be free of what shackles her at the end of Sleepy?
3. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
4. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor think of patients in general?
5. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what does a wounded delegate say when Vytyagaichenko is leaving him and the other wounded and how does Vytyagaichenko respond?
6. What does Zoshchenko write about "Yuletide Story"?
7. How does Zamyatin describe the bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay in "The Cave"?
8. How are the conditions at the Obertyshevs' place?
9. In "Sunstroke", how does the woman react to the lieutenant's suggestion that they get off the boat together?
10. What does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" do when he goes back to the hotel room alone?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)