|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Death of Dolgushov", who is the disgraced commander of the Fourth Division?
2. What does the lieutenant drink when he gets back to the hotel in "Sunstroke"?
(a) Rum punch.
(c) Seltzer water.
3. What is the fabric the woman on the steamer's dress made of in "Sunstroke"?
4. What is the name of the middle-aged citizen, according to his aunt who comes to the doctor the day after his visit?
(a) Pyotr Petrovich.
(b) Vasily Ledentsov.
(c) Aleksei Sardentov.
(d) Paka Karpov.
5. What does Paka consider himself to be?
(a) A dog.
(b) A frog.
(c) A knight.
(d) A prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of steamer does the woman take when she leaves the lieutenant in "Sunstroke"?
2. What perhaps causes the icy roar of the wind in "The Cave"?
3. Whom does Varka see as the enemy in her dream state?
4. In "Sunstroke", what does the lieutenant slap his boots with while contemplating the woman's absence in the hotel room?
5. What sort of eau de cologne scent is left in the hotel by the woman in "Sunstroke"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Yuletide Story," what does the doctor think when he goes to the patient's apartment after his aunt tells him he has died?
2. In "Sunstroke", how does the woman react to the lieutenant's suggestion that they get off the boat together?
3. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
4. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
5. Describe the condition Dolgushov is in when he is found. Who has done this to him?
6. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
7. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what does a wounded delegate say when Vytyagaichenko is leaving him and the other wounded and how does Vytyagaichenko respond?
8. What does Antoshka say when Paka asks why he and his brother laugh all the time?
9. Why is Varka so tired?
10. How does Zamyatin describe the bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay in "The Cave"?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)