|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which demon does the narrator of "In Bondage" say is a very petty demon, but one of the most dangerous?
(a) The demon of entitlement.
(b) The demon of sloth.
(c) The demon of hearsay.
(d) The demon of comparison.
2. What is the name of the house-chairman who comes over to Martin Martinych's place at dusk?
3. Which composer's Opus 74 lies on Martin's desk?
4. What is the occupation of Varka's master?
5. What does Paka say his name would be if he were a common boy and not a prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the middle-aged citizen, according to his aunt who comes to the doctor the day after his visit?
2. What is the god of the cave-like bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay?
3. For one hour, what is in the cave as a result of the "god"?
4. What sort of steamer does the woman take when she leaves the lieutenant in "Sunstroke"?
5. Where is Dolgushov injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Sunstroke", how does the woman react to the lieutenant's suggestion that they get off the boat together?
2. What does Zoshchenko write about "Yuletide Story"?
3. What does the doctor say that Varka's father should do in the dream she has while holding the baby?
4. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor think of patients in general?
5. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
6. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
7. How are the conditions at the Obertyshevs' place?
8. What does Paka believe about the boys he sees passing by his house?
9. What does Grishchuk say about women and why?
10. In "In Bondage", what happens during the dinner party of Paka's mother and afterward?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)