|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paka consider himself to be?
(a) A dog.
(b) A knight.
(c) A frog.
(d) A prince.
2. What does the doctor forget at the middle-aged citizen's apartment?
(a) His overshoes.
(b) His hat.
(c) His tool bag.
(d) His umbrella.
3. What does Paka say his name would be if he were a common boy and not a prince?
4. What perhaps causes the icy roar of the wind in "The Cave"?
(a) The wrath of God.
(b) A storm.
(c) A misplaced polar bear.
(d) A super-mammoth.
5. When the couple in "Sunstroke" wakes up in the morning, what does the lieutenant smell in the air?
(a) A perfume factory.
(b) Baking bread.
(d) Hay and tar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolgushov do for a job?
2. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what city has the enemy been beaten out of in a counterattack?
3. What does Grishchuk have with him all the time?
4. When the guests come to the house, in "Sleepy" what is Varka asked to run and get from the store?
5. What is the occupation of Varka's master?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Varka's father in the hospital and why?
2. Describe the condition Dolgushov is in when he is found. Who has done this to him?
3. In "Sunstroke", how does the woman react to the lieutenant's suggestion that they get off the boat together?
4. How do the peasant women treat the lieutenant at the market in "Sunstroke"?
5. How does Zamyatin describe the bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay in "The Cave"?
6. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor think of patients in general?
7. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
8. What happens to the narrator and Grishchuk as evening falls in "The Death of Dolgushov"?
9. In "Yuletide Story," what does the doctor think when he goes to the patient's apartment after his aunt tells him he has died?
10. What does Antoshka say when Paka asks why he and his brother laugh all the time?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)