|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Varka's mother?
2. Who lives downstairs from Masha and Martin Martinych?
(a) The Obertyshevs.
(b) The Oserovnayevs.
(c) The Vasilyevs.
(d) The Vashenkos.
3. What does the doctor forget at the middle-aged citizen's apartment?
(a) His hat.
(b) His umbrella.
(c) His overshoes.
(d) His tool bag.
4. What perhaps causes the icy roar of the wind in "The Cave"?
(a) A super-mammoth.
(b) The wrath of God.
(c) A misplaced polar bear.
(d) A storm.
5. In "In Bondage", where does Paka wish to play?
(a) At the pond.
(b) At his cousin's house.
(c) At school.
(d) In the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "In Bondage," what does Antoshka say the peasants do to each other when they get mad?
2. What is the god of the cave-like bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay?
3. What does Paka consider himself to be?
4. In "Sunstroke", how old is the woman's child?
5. What sort of steamer does the woman take when she leaves the lieutenant in "Sunstroke"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Masha's condition in "The Cave"?
2. In "Sunstroke", how does the woman react to the lieutenant's suggestion that they get off the boat together?
3. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
4. What happens to Varka's father in the hospital and why?
5. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
6. Describe the condition Dolgushov is in when he is found. Who has done this to him?
7. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
8. What does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" do when he goes back to the hotel room alone?
9. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor think of patients in general?
10. What happens to the narrator and Grishchuk as evening falls in "The Death of Dolgushov"?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)