|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolgushov do for a job?
(d) Livery man.
2. What does the eldest boy call Paka?
(a) A herring.
(b) A toad.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A mosquito.
3. What does Paka see on the eldest boy that surprises him?
(a) A long braid.
(b) A school badge.
(c) A long scar.
(d) A gold watch.
4. Whose scouts are scouring the field looking for the dead and for equipment in "The Death of Dolgushov"?
5. What are nurses doing as they lie in the grass in "The Death of Dolgushov"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of "Yuletide Story" say has likely caused the doctor's voice to grow husky and cracked?
2. When Paka asked why the boys are armed as they are, who do they say they are?
3. What perhaps causes the icy roar of the wind in "The Cave"?
4. What does Paka say his name would be if he were a common boy and not a prince?
5. In the morning, what is Varka asked to do after she lights the stove?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
2. How does Zamyatin describe the bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay in "The Cave"?
3. Why is Varka so tired?
4. What does Grishchuk say about women and why?
5. What happens when Varka decides she must be free of what shackles her at the end of Sleepy?
6. How is the doctor in "Yuletide Story" described?
7. How do the peasant women treat the lieutenant at the market in "Sunstroke"?
8. What does Paka believe about the boys he sees passing by his house?
9. In "In Bondage", what happens during the dinner party of Paka's mother and afterward?
10. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)