|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which day do Martin Martinych and Masha board up the study?
(b) Unity Day.
(c) Intercession Day.
2. In "Yuletide Story", who clears up the story of the middle-aged man for the doctor?
(a) The aunt.
(b) The militia.
(c) The grocer.
(d) The constable.
3. Martin Martinych's face is as if it is made of clay, like many faces, back to whom?
(c) Peter the Great.
4. Who lives downstairs from Masha and Martin Martinych?
(a) The Vasilyevs.
(b) The Oserovnayevs.
(c) The Obertyshevs.
(d) The Vashenkos.
5. How much does the prescription cost that the doctor issues to the middle-aged citizen in "Yuletide Story"?
(a) A head cheese.
(b) Two rubles.
(c) Forty kopeks.
(d) Seventy kopeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the specialty of the doctor in "Yuletide Story"?
2. In front of the Icon in "Sleepy", what color light is burning?
3. What does Dolgushov say to use on him when the narrator finds him?
4. How does the aunt put out the candles in "Yuletide Story"?
5. According to Paka, the wicked fairy got cross with his mother because she hadn't invited her to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor say that Varka's father should do in the dream she has while holding the baby?
2. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
3. Describe the condition Dolgushov is in when he is found. Who has done this to him?
4. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what does a wounded delegate say when Vytyagaichenko is leaving him and the other wounded and how does Vytyagaichenko respond?
5. What happens to Varka's father in the hospital and why?
6. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
7. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor think of patients in general?
8. Why is Varka so tired?
9. In "Yuletide Story," what does the doctor think when he goes to the patient's apartment after his aunt tells him he has died?
10. How are the conditions at the Obertyshevs' place?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)