|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fabric the woman on the steamer's dress made of in "Sunstroke"?
2. What does the wife of Martin Martinych's downstairs neighbor hide under a napkin when he comes into their room?
(a) A coal.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A coin.
(d) A bowl.
3. Whom does Varka see as the enemy in her dream state?
(a) The mistress.
(b) The baby.
(c) The master.
4. What is the specialty of the doctor in "Yuletide Story"?
(a) Internal and children's diseases.
(b) Veterinary medicine.
(d) Head and spinal injuries.
5. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor prescribe for the middle-aged citizen?
(a) Ammoniac aniseed drops.
(b) Elixir of arsenic.
(c) Lemon oil.
(d) Hawthorn root extract.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the aunt of the middle-aged citizen want from the doctor?
2. Which composer's Opus 74 lies on Martin's desk?
3. What sort of eau de cologne scent is left in the hotel by the woman in "Sunstroke"?
4. What is the name of the house-chairman who comes over to Martin Martinych's place at dusk?
5. How does the aunt put out the candles in "Yuletide Story"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)