|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the body does the middle-aged citizen who comes to visit the doctor in "Yuletide Story" complain about?
(a) His heart.
(b) His head.
(c) His liver.
(d) His spleen.
2. What sort of steamer does the woman take when she leaves the lieutenant in "Sunstroke"?
(a) A Samolyot steamer.
(b) A Samovar steamer.
(c) A paddle steamer.
(d) A stern-wheeler steamer.
3. In "Yuletide Story", who clears up the story of the middle-aged man for the doctor?
(a) The constable.
(b) The grocer.
(c) The aunt.
(d) The militia.
4. Which composer's Opus 74 lies on Martin's desk?
5. What is the name of Varka's late father?
(a) Anton Strapovich.
(b) Efim Stepanych.
(c) Fyodor Laputin.
(d) Vasily Konych.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolgushov give to the narrator?
2. What does Paka think of the boys who pass his house on the road?
3. What sort of eau de cologne scent is left in the hotel by the woman in "Sunstroke"?
4. When the guests come to the house, in "Sleepy" what is Varka asked to run and get from the store?
5. In the morning, what is Varka asked to do after she lights the stove?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Varka's father in the hospital and why?
2. In "Yuletide Story," what does the doctor think when he goes to the patient's apartment after his aunt tells him he has died?
3. What does Grishchuk say about women and why?
4. What happens when Varka decides she must be free of what shackles her at the end of Sleepy?
5. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
6. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor think of patients in general?
7. What is Masha's condition in "The Cave"?
8. Why is Varka so tired?
9. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what does a wounded delegate say when Vytyagaichenko is leaving him and the other wounded and how does Vytyagaichenko respond?
10. Describe the condition Dolgushov is in when he is found. Who has done this to him?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)