|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin Martinych's face is as if it is made of clay, like many faces, back to whom?
(c) Peter the Great.
2. In "In Bondage," what does Antoshka say the peasants do to each other when they get mad?
(a) Fight each other with swords.
(b) Curse each other.
(c) Ostracize each other.
(d) Poison each other.
3. What does Varka think the hardest thing is to do when she is standing in front of the kitchen table?
(a) Mend bandages.
(b) Listen to the baby cry.
(c) Chop onions.
(d) Peel potatoes.
4. When the couple in "Sunstroke" wakes up in the morning, what does the lieutenant smell in the air?
(a) Baking bread.
(b) Hay and tar.
(d) A perfume factory.
5. What does the eldest boy call Paka?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A toad.
(d) A herring.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paka asked why the boys are armed as they are, who do they say they are?
2. In the morning, what is Varka asked to do after she lights the stove?
3. What is the specialty of the doctor in "Yuletide Story"?
4. Where does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" go first to assuage his loneliness for the woman?
5. What does the aunt of the middle-aged citizen want from the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Varka so tired?
2. How does Zamyatin describe the bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay in "The Cave"?
3. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
4. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
5. How do the peasant women treat the lieutenant at the market in "Sunstroke"?
6. What is Masha's condition in "The Cave"?
7. What does Paka believe about the boys he sees passing by his house?
8. How are the conditions at the Obertyshevs' place?
9. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
10. What does Grishchuk say about women and why?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)