|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which day do Martin Martinych and Masha board up the study?
(b) Intercession Day.
(c) Unity Day.
2. What perhaps causes the icy roar of the wind in "The Cave"?
(a) A misplaced polar bear.
(b) The wrath of God.
(c) A storm.
(d) A super-mammoth.
3. For one hour, what is in the cave as a result of the "god"?
4. What is the name of the house-chairman who comes over to Martin Martinych's place at dusk?
5. Martin Martinych's face is as if it is made of clay, like many faces, back to whom?
(d) Peter the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which demon does the narrator of "In Bondage" say is a very petty demon, but one of the most dangerous?
2. In "In Bondage," what does Antoshka say the peasants do to each other when they get mad?
3. What does Paka think of the boys who pass his house on the road?
4. What does Varka think the hardest thing is to do when she is standing in front of the kitchen table?
5. In "In Bondage", where does Paka wish to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Yuletide Story," what does the doctor think when he goes to the patient's apartment after his aunt tells him he has died?
2. What does Antoshka say when Paka asks why he and his brother laugh all the time?
3. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor think of patients in general?
4. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
5. How are the conditions at the Obertyshevs' place?
6. In "In Bondage", what happens during the dinner party of Paka's mother and afterward?
7. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
8. How does Zamyatin describe the bedroom where Martin Martinych and Masha stay in "The Cave"?
9. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what does a wounded delegate say when Vytyagaichenko is leaving him and the other wounded and how does Vytyagaichenko respond?
10. Why is Varka so tired?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)