|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives downstairs from Masha and Martin Martinych?
(a) The Vashenkos.
(b) The Obertyshevs.
(c) The Oserovnayevs.
(d) The Vasilyevs.
2. What is the fabric the woman on the steamer's dress made of in "Sunstroke"?
3. What is the name of the master's apprentice who snores in "Sleepy"?
4. How does the aunt put out the candles in "Yuletide Story"?
(a) By blowing them out.
(b) By turning them upside down and smashing the wicks.
(c) With her fingers.
(d) With a snuffer.
5. Martin Martinych's face is as if it is made of clay, like many faces, back to whom?
(d) Peter the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Yuletide Story", who clears up the story of the middle-aged man for the doctor?
2. What is the specialty of the doctor in "Yuletide Story"?
3. What is the unshaven porter wearing when the couple disembarks the boat in "Sunstroke"?
4. In "The Death of Dolgushov", who has reached the woods and posted their machine guns nearby?
5. What does Paka think of the boys who pass his house on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Masha's condition in "The Cave"?
2. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what does a wounded delegate say when Vytyagaichenko is leaving him and the other wounded and how does Vytyagaichenko respond?
3. What does Grishchuk say about women and why?
4. What do the three brothers do during the summer months in "In Bondage"?
5. Why does Selikhov come over to Martin Martinych's place?
6. In "Sunstroke", how does the woman react to the lieutenant's suggestion that they get off the boat together?
7. What happens when Varka decides she must be free of what shackles her at the end of Sleepy?
8. What does Zoshchenko write about "Yuletide Story"?
9. What does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" do when he goes back to the hotel room alone?
10. In "Sunstroke", why is the woman unwilling to continue her relationship with the lieutenant?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)