|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
(a) Stop 7.
(b) Station Y.
(c) Station X.
(d) Line 45.
2. In "The Clothesmender," what does the tailor's grandfather sell?
(a) Shoe leather.
(d) Shoe polish.
3. Where does the hussar pretend he is taking the stationmaster's daughter when he abducts her?
(a) Her friend's house.
(c) The store.
4. To whose funeral does Ivan Ivanovich go in "Bobok"?
(a) A Major General's.
(b) A former lover's.
(c) A Collegiate Councilor's.
(d) A friend of a friend's.
5. Why does the second hermit have trouble reciting what the Bishop teaches him?
(a) Because he won't listen.
(b) Because he is deaf.
(c) Because he doesn't speak the same language.
(d) Because his whiskers are overgrown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Bishop go when he finds he doesn't feel like sleeping?
2. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
3. What does Lukerya ask Pyotr Petrovich if he remembers as he is leaving the bee hut?
4. What does a friend who stops by Ivan Ivanovich's place say of his writing style?
5. What item of clothing does the occupant of Room One need repaired in "The Clothesmender"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two trials the tailor experiences that lead him to his eventual good fortune in "The Clothesmender"?
2. According to the Bishop in "The Three Hermits", how does God reveal himself to men?
3. What does Klinevich call Mr. Tarasevich and what does he say about his debauchery?
4. What is Klinevich getting at with wanting to get rid of being ashamed while the corpses are conscious?
5. Why do the three hermits walk on water and chase the ship?
6. What happens when the narrator of "The Clothesmender" and the gossip are walking to the tailor's house to inspect the room?
7. What does Lukerya say to Pyotr Petrovich about patience?
8. What are the two different types of collegiate assessors?
9. How does Major Kovalyov try to obscure his missing nose when he goes into the coffee house and when he leaves?
10. How is the stationmaster treated by most travelers?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)