|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bishop teach the three hermits to pray?
(a) Kneeling on the sand.
(b) By taking them back to the ship.
(c) According to the teaching style of Rome.
(d) According to the Lord's scripture.
2. Who asks Ivan Ivanovich if he will ever be sober in "Bobok"?
(a) Georgi Pavlov.
(b) Semyon Ardalyonovich.
(c) Evgeni Fomavich.
(d) Maksim Markov.
3. Where is the stationmaster's daughter living with Captain Minsky?
4. What does the tailor call his wife in "The Clothesmender"?
5. Where is the narrator in "The Stationmaster" traveling in May 1816?
(d) N. Province.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staying in Room One the next New Year's Eve in "The Clothesmender"?
2. What does the narrator hope will loosen the stationmaster's tongue with regard to the whereabouts of his daughter?
3. What does a friend who stops by Ivan Ivanovich's place say of his writing style?
4. What does the Bishop suggest that the three hermits have heard of when he is teaching them to pray?
5. What street does the barber Ivan Yakovlevich live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator of "The Clothesmender" and the gossip are walking to the tailor's house to inspect the room?
2. How does Ivan Ivanovich feel about the half-eaten sandwich he sees on the tombstone beside him?
3. In "The Clothesmender", who stays at the hotel opposite the Governor-General's house and why?
4. In "The Stationmaster", what is the narrator's main concern when he arrives at station X?
5. How does Pyotr Petrovich interpret Lukerya's face when he encounters her in the bee hut?
6. When does Lukerya die and what does she say about the sounds she hears?
7. What does the benefactor from Room One do to the sign the tailor originally has up in front of his shop and how does he remedy the situation?
8. How does Dunya react to meeting the narrator in "The Stationmaster"?
9. What reason do some people that know of Lukerya give for her illness?
10. How does Dunya's father react to the hussar's asking if he can take her to church?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)