|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Lukerya asks of Pyotr Petrovich?
(a) To bring her back a deer from his next hunting trip.
(b) To find her lost daughter.
(c) To have his mother reduce the quit-rent for the peasants.
(d) To give her some honey.
2. To what variety of collegiate assessors does Major Kovalyov belong?
(a) The cornelian variety.
(b) The clerk variety.
(c) The scholarly variety.
(d) The Caucasus variety.
3. What jewelry is often given to the stationmaster's daughter by ladies who pass through the station?
4. What does Lukerya make the wreath out of in her dreams?
(c) Baby's breath.
5. In "The Three Hermits", where is the Bishop sailing from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukerya ask Pyotr Petrovich if he remembers as he is leaving the bee hut?
2. What does Ivan Ivanovich not like reading?
3. The young man who dies of "complications" goes to which doctor before he dies?
4. Major Kovalyov's face is described as ____ where his nose used to be.
5. What does Ivan Ivanovich do that causes the corpses to go silent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what does a wounded delegate say when Vytyagaichenko is leaving him and the other wounded and how does Vytyagaichenko respond?
2. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor think of patients in general?
3. What is Masha's condition in "The Cave"?
4. How does Dunya's father react to the hussar's asking if he can take her to church?
5. What happens to the narrator and Grishchuk as evening falls in "The Death of Dolgushov"?
6. In "The Clothesmender", what does the priest say to the narrator are the advantages of living with the tailor?
7. In "The Clothesmender", who stays at the hotel opposite the Governor-General's house and why?
8. What happens when Varka decides she must be free of what shackles her at the end of Sleepy?
9. According to the Bishop in "The Three Hermits", how does God reveal himself to men?
10. What happens when the narrator of "The Clothesmender" and the gossip are walking to the tailor's house to inspect the room?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)