|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Lukerya asks of Pyotr Petrovich?
(a) To have his mother reduce the quit-rent for the peasants.
(b) To find her lost daughter.
(c) To give her some honey.
(d) To bring her back a deer from his next hunting trip.
2. What does the Bishop offer the Captain in return for going to the island where the three hermits live?
(b) A job with the church.
(d) A new coat.
3. Where is Lukerya taken when the weather gets cold?
(a) To a hospital.
(b) To the shed next to the furnace.
(c) To the bathhouse lobby.
(d) To the blacksmith's house.
4. What is the real last name of the occupant of Room One in "The Clothesmender"?
5. What is the name of a type of Russian carriage?
(a) A chariot.
(b) A shaker.
(c) A rickshaw.
(d) A troika.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests in "Bobok" that the corpses should no longer be ashamed?
2. Who is staying in Room One the next New Year's Eve in "The Clothesmender"?
3. Where is the narrator in "The Stationmaster" traveling in May 1816?
4. To whom is Lukerya betrothed when she is a young girl?
5. Who turns out to be following the ship the Bishop is on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the three hermits walk on water and chase the ship?
2. In "The Three Hermits", why is the Bishop still awake after everyone goes back to sleep?
3. How does Dunya's father react to the hussar's asking if he can take her to church?
4. How does Major Kovalyov try to obscure his missing nose when he goes into the coffee house and when he leaves?
5. How is the stationmaster treated by most travelers?
6. What happens as the Bishop returns to the ship in "The Three Hermits"?
7. What happens when the narrator of "The Clothesmender" and the gossip are walking to the tailor's house to inspect the room?
8. How does Ivan Ivanovich feel about the half-eaten sandwich he sees on the tombstone beside him?
9. After discouragement from the newspaper and the district police inspector, how does Major Kovalyov feel when he gets home?
10. What does Pyotr Petrovich say about hunting in the rain?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)