|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Ivan Ivanovich if he will ever be sober in "Bobok"?
(a) Georgi Pavlov.
(b) Maksim Markov.
(c) Semyon Ardalyonovich.
(d) Evgeni Fomavich.
2. The young man who dies of "complications" goes to which doctor before he dies?
3. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
(a) A lieutenant.
(b) An executioner.
(c) A deacon.
(d) A dog trainer.
4. What is the device used to make Russian tea that the stationmaster asks his daughter to start for him when the narrator arrives?
(a) A samovar.
(b) A copper kettle.
(c) A tea press.
(d) A tea ball.
5. Where does Lukerya lead the singing when she is young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tailor's new wife say she will bring to the marriage in "The Clothesmender"?
2. Who is the governor-general of Moscow at the time "The Clothesmender" takes place?
3. Whom does Lukerya's betrothed eventually marry?
4. What does Ivan Yakovlevich want for breakfast when he wakes up on March 25th?
5. What is the name of the priest who comes to see Lukerya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lukerya say to Pyotr Petrovich about patience?
2. What is Klinevich getting at with wanting to get rid of being ashamed while the corpses are conscious?
3. Describe the character of the wife of Laputin, the benefactor in "The Clothesmender".
4. In "The Three Hermits", why is the Bishop still awake after everyone goes back to sleep?
5. What reason do some people that know of Lukerya give for her illness?
6. What does the benefactor from Room One do to the sign the tailor originally has up in front of his shop and how does he remedy the situation?
7. When does Lukerya die and what does she say about the sounds she hears?
8. According to the Bishop in "The Three Hermits", how does God reveal himself to men?
9. How does the Captain try to talk the Bishop out of going to the island where the hermits live?
10. How does Pyotr Petrovich interpret Lukerya's face when he encounters her in the bee hut?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)