|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Bishop sailing to in "The Three Hermits"?
(b) The Sakhalin Islands.
(c) The Kuril Islands.
(d) The Solovetsky Islands.
2. What item of clothing does the occupant of Room One need repaired in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) A sock.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A bow tie.
(d) A tailcoat.
3. When confronted by Major Kovalyov, what line of work does the nose say he is in?
4. Who turns out to be following the ship the Bishop is on?
(a) The fisherman who initially told the story of the hermits.
(b) The three hermits.
(c) A whaling vessel.
(d) A pirate ghost.
5. What does the tailor call his wife in "The Clothesmender"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman in the story that Lukerya tells Pyotr Petrovich chase away beyond the sea?
2. In "The Clothesmender," what is the tailor's real last name?
3. Where is Lukerya taken when the weather gets cold?
4. Major Kovalyov's face is described as ____ where his nose used to be.
5. What does Major Kovalyov give the police officer as he is leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ivan Ivanovich feel about the half-eaten sandwich he sees on the tombstone beside him?
2. In "The Clothesmender", what does the priest say to the narrator are the advantages of living with the tailor?
3. What does Ivan Ivanovich think of the administrative news he hears the dead people talking about?
4. What does the benefactor from Room One do to the sign the tailor originally has up in front of his shop and how does he remedy the situation?
5. What are the two trials the tailor experiences that lead him to his eventual good fortune in "The Clothesmender"?
6. What does Klinevich call Mr. Tarasevich and what does he say about his debauchery?
7. How does Praskovya Osipovna react when Ivan Yakovlevich finds a nose in his loaf of bread?
8. Who visits the stationmaster's grave at the end of the story and what does he realize?
9. What does Lukerya say to Pyotr Petrovich about patience?
10. How is the stationmaster treated by most travelers?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)