|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Vyazemsky facetiously call a person who holds the post of stationmaster?
(a) A democrat.
(b) An ant.
(c) A dog.
(d) A dictator.
2. Where does "The Clothesmender" take place?
3. In "The Clothesmender," what does the tailor's grandfather sell?
(c) Shoe polish.
(d) Shoe leather.
4. The clerk at the newspaper office says that the loss of Major Kovalyov's nose is (a) _____ business.
(c) No one's
5. Where does Lukerya lead the singing when she is young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is the stationmaster?
2. What does a friend who stops by Ivan Ivanovich's place say of his writing style?
3. Who else is on the ship besides the Bishop in "The Three Hermits"?
4. In "The Clothesmender," what is the tailor's real last name?
5. What author's "bons mots" does Ivan Ivanovich say he wishes to collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two trials the tailor experiences that lead him to his eventual good fortune in "The Clothesmender"?
2. What does the benefactor from Room One do to the sign the tailor originally has up in front of his shop and how does he remedy the situation?
3. What does Zoshchenko write about "Yuletide Story"?
4. In "The Stationmaster", what is the narrator's main concern when he arrives at station X?
5. How does Dunya react to meeting the narrator in "The Stationmaster"?
6. In "In Bondage", what happens during the dinner party of Paka's mother and afterward?
7. What happens when Varka decides she must be free of what shackles her at the end of Sleepy?
8. What happens when the narrator of "The Clothesmender" and the gossip are walking to the tailor's house to inspect the room?
9. What are the two different types of collegiate assessors?
10. What has Platon Nikolayevich apparently said about the stench in the graveyard that is perceived by the dead?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)