|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the three hermits described?
(a) As great singers.
(b) As godly men.
(c) As heathens.
(d) As warlocks.
2. Major Kovalyov's face is described as ____ where his nose used to be.
(a) Tough as a board.
(b) Two holes.
(c) A large moon.
(d) Smooth as a pancake.
3. Who else is on the ship besides the Bishop in "The Three Hermits"?
(d) Military personnel.
4. What grade is the stationmaster?
5. Where does Ivan Yakovlevich go to dispose of the nose he finds in his bread?
(a) Dolya Bridge.
(b) Police Bridge.
(c) Anichkin Bridge.
(d) St. Isaac's Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must be asked before the Bishop can visit the three hermits?
2. Where does Major Kovalyov confront his lost nose?
3. What is the name of the type of small wattle shed or hut that Pyotr Petrovich finds next to the bee-garden?
4. What is the French name of the tailor?
5. What does the orphan girl bring to Lukerya when she drops by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the three hermits walk on water and chase the ship?
2. What has Platon Nikolayevich apparently said about the stench in the graveyard that is perceived by the dead?
3. How does Dunya react to meeting the narrator in "The Stationmaster"?
4. Describe the character of the wife of Laputin, the benefactor in "The Clothesmender".
5. In "The Three Hermits", why is the Bishop still awake after everyone goes back to sleep?
6. What are the two different types of collegiate assessors?
7. What happens when the stationmaster arrives in Petersburg?
8. What reason do some people that know of Lukerya give for her illness?
9. In "The Clothesmender", who stays at the hotel opposite the Governor-General's house and why?
10. Who visits the stationmaster's grave at the end of the story and what does he realize?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)