|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the governor-general of Moscow at the time "The Clothesmender" takes place?
(a) Baron Klinevich.
(b) Count Zakrevsky.
(c) Duke Sergeyevich.
(d) Prince Golitsyn.
2. What does the police inspector prefer to everything else in "The Nose"?
(b) A bank note.
(d) A compliment.
3. What is the stationmaster's name?
(a) Sasha Petrovich.
(b) Kolya Ivanovich.
(c) Nikolai Rensky.
(d) Samson Vyrin.
4. Whom does Lukerya's betrothed eventually marry?
(c) Lukerya's sister.
5. Where does the hussar pretend he is taking the stationmaster's daughter when he abducts her?
(c) The store.
(d) Her friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stationmaster's daughter?
2. What is painted on the sign by the gate in "The Clothesmender"?
3. What grade is the stationmaster?
4. Who asks Ivan Ivanovich if he will ever be sober in "Bobok"?
5. Who tells the merchant the story of the three hermits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Kovalyov try to obscure his missing nose when he goes into the coffee house and when he leaves?
2. What is Klinevich getting at with wanting to get rid of being ashamed while the corpses are conscious?
3. In "The Three Hermits", why is the Bishop still awake after everyone goes back to sleep?
4. When does Lukerya die and what does she say about the sounds she hears?
5. What reason do some people that know of Lukerya give for her illness?
6. According to the Bishop in "The Three Hermits", how does God reveal himself to men?
7. In "The Stationmaster", what is the narrator's main concern when he arrives at station X?
8. Why do the three hermits walk on water and chase the ship?
9. How does the fisherman end up on the island with the three hermits?
10. What does Pyotr Petrovich say about hunting in the rain?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)