|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests in "Bobok" that the corpses should no longer be ashamed?
(c) Ivan Ivanovich.
2. How does the Bishop teach the three hermits to pray?
(a) According to the Lord's scripture.
(b) By taking them back to the ship.
(c) Kneeling on the sand.
(d) According to the teaching style of Rome.
3. Where is the stationmaster's daughter living with Captain Minsky?
4. Who tells the merchant the story of the three hermits?
(a) A mercenary.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A missionary.
(d) A fisherman.
5. Who wants Major Kovalyov to marry her daughter?
(a) Mrs. Petrovna.
(b) Mrs. Podtochina.
(c) Mrs. Ivanovna.
(d) Mrs. Osipovna.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Lukerya betrothed when she is a young girl?
2. What does the Bishop offer the Captain in return for going to the island where the three hermits live?
3. What does Major Kovalyov give the police officer as he is leaving?
4. What are Pyotr Petrovich and his friend hunting for?
5. What does the tailor's new wife say she will bring to the marriage in "The Clothesmender"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the stationmaster arrives in Petersburg?
2. What are the two trials the tailor experiences that lead him to his eventual good fortune in "The Clothesmender"?
3. How does Praskovya Osipovna react when Ivan Yakovlevich finds a nose in his loaf of bread?
4. What does the benefactor from Room One do to the sign the tailor originally has up in front of his shop and how does he remedy the situation?
5. What does Lukerya say to Pyotr Petrovich about patience?
6. What happens when the narrator of "The Clothesmender" and the gossip are walking to the tailor's house to inspect the room?
7. Why do the three hermits walk on water and chase the ship?
8. What effect does talking have on Lukerya when she is telling Pyotr Petrovich about her life?
9. Who visits the stationmaster's grave at the end of the story and what does he realize?
10. When does Lukerya die and what does she say about the sounds she hears?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)