Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
(a) A deacon.
(b) An executioner.
(c) A dog trainer.
(d) A lieutenant.
2. What grade is the stationmaster?
3. What language are the verses in that tell the story on the stationmaster's wall?
4. What is painted on the sign by the gate in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) An armyak and a poddyovka.
(b) A krasnya kniga.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) Two clergy robes.
5. How are the three hermits described?
(a) As heathens.
(b) As great singers.
(c) As warlocks.
(d) As godly men.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what variety of collegiate assessors does Major Kovalyov belong?
2. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
3. Who asks Ivan Ivanovich if he will ever be sober in "Bobok"?
4. Where is the stationmaster's daughter living with Captain Minsky?
5. What does the newspaper clerk offer Major Kovalyov as he is leaving his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits the stationmaster's grave at the end of the story and what does he realize?
2. What does Zoshchenko write about "Yuletide Story"?
3. What happens as the Bishop returns to the ship in "The Three Hermits"?
4. What does Grishchuk say about women and why?
5. In "In Bondage", what happens during the dinner party of Paka's mother and afterward?
6. What is Masha's condition in "The Cave"?
7. What is Klinevich getting at with wanting to get rid of being ashamed while the corpses are conscious?
8. How does Dunya's father react to the hussar's asking if he can take her to church?
9. What is Ivan Ivanovich's impression of the voices coming from the graves when he first hears them?
10. How is the doctor in "Yuletide Story" described?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)