Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Bishop sailing to in "The Three Hermits"?
(b) The Solovetsky Islands.
(c) The Kuril Islands.
(d) The Sakhalin Islands.
2. Whom does Lukerya's betrothed eventually marry?
(b) Lukerya's sister.
3. What is the stationmaster's name?
(a) Nikolai Rensky.
(b) Samson Vyrin.
(c) Kolya Ivanovich.
(d) Sasha Petrovich.
4. What does the occupant of Room One from the beginning of "The Clothesmender" do when the tailor tries to comfort him at the end of the story?
(a) Hits him with a stick.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Gives him more money.
(d) Offers him a new job as a clerk.
5. What does Lukerya keep hearing on the day of her death in "The Living Relic"?
(a) A lark.
(b) Swarms of bees.
(c) Church bells.
(d) A chorus of angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. When confronted by Major Kovalyov, what line of work does the nose say he is in?
2. What are Pyotr Petrovich and his friend hunting for?
3. What is the real last name of the occupant of Room One in "The Clothesmender"?
4. What is the smell Pyotr Petrovich encounters as he enters the bee hut?
5. Who asks Ivan Ivanovich if he will ever be sober in "Bobok"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the stationmaster treated by most travelers?
2. What does Paka believe about the boys he sees passing by his house?
3. How does Pyotr Petrovich interpret Lukerya's face when he encounters her in the bee hut?
4. In "The Stationmaster", what is the narrator's main concern when he arrives at station X?
5. In "Yuletide Story," what does the doctor think when he goes to the patient's apartment after his aunt tells him he has died?
6. Who visits the stationmaster's grave at the end of the story and what does he realize?
7. After discouragement from the newspaper and the district police inspector, how does Major Kovalyov feel when he gets home?
8. How does Ivan Ivanovich feel about the half-eaten sandwich he sees on the tombstone beside him?
9. What does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" do when he goes back to the hotel room alone?
10. According to the Bishop in "The Three Hermits", how does God reveal himself to men?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)