|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Death of Dolgushov", who is the disgraced commander of the Fourth Division?
2. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor prescribe for the middle-aged citizen?
(a) Lemon oil.
(b) Ammoniac aniseed drops.
(c) Elixir of arsenic.
(d) Hawthorn root extract.
3. Where do the narrator of "The Death of Dolgushov" and Grishchuk get fired upon near the town by enemy scouts?
(a) A mill.
(b) A carriage shop.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A blacksmith's.
4. What does Dolgushov hand to the troop commander?
(a) His telephone.
(b) His regimental book.
(c) His flints.
(d) His eyeglasses.
5. In front of the Icon in "Sleepy", what color light is burning?
6. In "Yuletide Story", who clears up the story of the middle-aged man for the doctor?
(a) The aunt.
(b) The grocer.
(c) The constable.
(d) The militia.
7. In "In Bondage", where does Paka wish to play?
(a) At school.
(b) At his cousin's house.
(c) In the fields.
(d) At the pond.
8. What does the lieutenant drink when he gets back to the hotel in "Sunstroke"?
(a) Rum punch.
(b) Seltzer water.
9. What is playing below the window when Martin Martinych comes over to Masha's house while she is playing piano?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) An organ-grinder.
(c) A violin.
(d) A bassoon.
10. How old is Nanny Varka?
11. Whom does Varka see as the enemy in her dream state?
(a) The mistress.
(b) The master.
(d) The baby.
12. What does the wife of Martin Martinych's downstairs neighbor hide under a napkin when he comes into their room?
(a) A coal.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A coin.
(d) A bowl.
13. What does Dolgushov say to use on him when the narrator finds him?
(b) A cartridge.
(d) A knife.
14. What does Dolgushov do for a job?
(d) Livery man.
15. In "The Death of Dolgushov", what city has the enemy been beaten out of in a counterattack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the master's apprentice who snores in "Sleepy"?
2. What is the name of Varka's late father?
3. For one hour, what is in the cave as a result of the "god"?
4. What perhaps causes the icy roar of the wind in "The Cave"?
5. In the morning, what is Varka asked to do after she lights the stove?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)