|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the middle-aged citizen, according to his aunt who comes to the doctor the day after his visit?
(a) Paka Karpov.
(b) Aleksei Sardentov.
(c) Vasily Ledentsov.
(d) Pyotr Petrovich.
2. What does Paka think of the boys who pass his house on the road?
(a) They are sick.
(b) They are lucky.
(c) They are rich.
(d) They are stupid.
3. What does Grishchuk have with him all the time?
(a) A cart.
(b) A camera.
(c) A broken fly swatter.
(d) A notebook.
4. What does Dolgushov hand to the troop commander?
(a) His regimental book.
(b) His telephone.
(c) His eyeglasses.
(d) His flints.
5. In "Yuletide Story", what does the doctor prescribe for the middle-aged citizen?
(a) Ammoniac aniseed drops.
(b) Elixir of arsenic.
(c) Hawthorn root extract.
(d) Lemon oil.
6. Who lives downstairs from Masha and Martin Martinych?
(a) The Obertyshevs.
(b) The Oserovnayevs.
(c) The Vasilyevs.
(d) The Vashenkos.
7. What does the eldest boy call Paka?
(a) A herring.
(b) A toad.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A puppy.
8. Where does the lieutenant in "Sunstroke" go first to assuage his loneliness for the woman?
(a) The ballet.
(d) The market.
9. Martin Martinych's face is as if it is made of clay, like many faces, back to whom?
(b) Peter the Great.
10. Who is charged with watching over Paka?
(a) A shepherd from the village.
(b) Two Arguses.
(c) A handyman.
(d) Two muses.
11. In "In Bondage", where does Paka wish to play?
(a) At school.
(b) In the fields.
(c) At his cousin's house.
(d) At the pond.
12. In front of the Icon in "Sleepy", what color light is burning?
13. What does Paka consider himself to be?
(a) A prince.
(b) A knight.
(c) A dog.
(d) A frog.
14. What are nurses doing as they lie in the grass in "The Death of Dolgushov"?
15. How old is Nanny Varka?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does "Yuletide Story" take place?
2. Where do the narrator of "The Death of Dolgushov" and Grishchuk get fired upon near the town by enemy scouts?
3. Which composer's Opus 74 lies on Martin's desk?
4. On which day do Martin Martinych and Masha board up the study?
5. What does the lieutenant drink when he gets back to the hotel in "Sunstroke"?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)