|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests in "Bobok" that the corpses should no longer be ashamed?
(d) Ivan Ivanovich.
2. The young man who dies of "complications" goes to which doctor before he dies?
3. Who else is on the ship besides the Bishop in "The Three Hermits"?
(c) Military personnel.
4. What is the last thing Lukerya asks of Pyotr Petrovich?
(a) To find her lost daughter.
(b) To have his mother reduce the quit-rent for the peasants.
(c) To bring her back a deer from his next hunting trip.
(d) To give her some honey.
5. What do the three hermits live in?
(a) An earth hut.
(b) A cave.
(c) A tree.
(d) Out in the open.
6. Where does Major Kovalyov confront his lost nose?
(a) Kazan Cathedral.
(b) Kirov Cathedral.
(c) Nevsky Theater.
(d) Balshoi Theater.
7. Where is the narrator in "The Stationmaster" traveling in May 1816?
(d) N. Province.
8. How is Ivan Ivanovich described by the painter who exhibits his portrait?
9. Where does Lukerya lead the singing when she is young?
10. What does a friend of Ivan Ivanovich's say he thirsts to feel?
(a) God's presence.
(c) Vodka going down his throat.
11. What does Ivan Yakovlevich want for breakfast when he wakes up on March 25th?
(a) Blini with caviar and cream.
(b) Tea and latkes.
(c) Hot bread with onion.
(d) A bowl of oatmeal.
12. Where is Lukerya taken when the weather gets cold?
(a) To the blacksmith's house.
(b) To the bathhouse lobby.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To the shed next to the furnace.
13. What story is depicted on the stationmaster's wall?
(a) The fall of Zeus.
(b) The prodigal son.
(c) The old man and the sea.
(d) The Crucifixion.
14. Who is the governor-general of Moscow at the time "The Clothesmender" takes place?
(a) Baron Klinevich.
(b) Prince Golitsyn.
(c) Count Zakrevsky.
(d) Duke Sergeyevich.
15. Who does the woman in the story that Lukerya tells Pyotr Petrovich chase away beyond the sea?
(a) The Hittites.
(b) The Followers of Simon.
(c) The Canaanites.
(d) The Sons of Hagar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Three Hermits", where is the Bishop sailing from?
2. What does the police inspector prefer to everything else in "The Nose"?
3. How does Pushkin describe the stationmaster?
4. What is the real last name of the occupant of Room One in "The Clothesmender"?
5. What does the tailor in "The Clothesmender" have a special gift for?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)