|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lady passing by a year prior to the story, "A Living Relic" give to Lukerya?
(a) A book on suffering.
(b) Lotion for dry skin.
(c) A red scarf.
(d) Medicine for sleeplessness.
2. Who is the governor-general of Moscow at the time "The Clothesmender" takes place?
(a) Prince Golitsyn.
(b) Count Zakrevsky.
(c) Duke Sergeyevich.
(d) Baron Klinevich.
3. What is the name of the stationmaster's daughter?
4. In "The Clothesmender," what is the tailor's real last name?
5. What does Lukerya keep hearing on the day of her death in "The Living Relic"?
(a) A chorus of angels.
(b) Church bells.
(c) A lark.
(d) Swarms of bees.
6. Where is Lukerya taken when the weather gets cold?
(a) To the bathhouse lobby.
(b) To the blacksmith's house.
(c) To the shed next to the furnace.
(d) To a hospital.
7. To where is Ivan Yakovlevich trying to escape when he is apprehended by the police?
8. Major Kovalyov's face is described as ____ where his nose used to be.
(a) Smooth as a pancake.
(b) A large moon.
(c) Two holes.
(d) Tough as a board.
9. What item of clothing does the occupant of Room One need repaired in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) A tailcoat.
(b) A sock.
(c) A bow tie.
(d) A pair of pants.
10. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
(a) Stop 7.
(b) Station X.
(c) Station Y.
(d) Line 45.
11. What does the tailor call his wife in "The Clothesmender"?
12. What does the occupant of Room One from the beginning of "The Clothesmender" do when the tailor tries to comfort him at the end of the story?
(a) Hits him with a stick.
(b) Offers him a new job as a clerk.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Gives him more money.
13. What is the stationmaster's name?
(a) Sasha Petrovich.
(b) Samson Vyrin.
(c) Kolya Ivanovich.
(d) Nikolai Rensky.
14. Why does Ivan Ivanovich surmise that coffins become so heavy?
(a) The type of wood used.
(b) The amount of sentimental items.
(c) The satin lining.
(d) Inertia of the body.
15. Where does "The Clothesmender" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivan Yakovlevich go to dispose of the nose he finds in his bread?
2. Who tells the merchant the story of the three hermits?
3. What is the name of a type of Russian carriage?
4. The stationmaster's daughter tries to soothe the sick hussar traveler with what?
5. Who goes hunting with Pyotr Petrovich in "A Living Relic"?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)