|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
(a) An executioner.
(b) A dog trainer.
(c) A deacon.
(d) A lieutenant.
2. What does Ivan Ivanovich end his thinking with while sitting on the tombstone?
(a) Subliminal messages.
(d) Legendary status.
3. What is the smell Pyotr Petrovich encounters as he enters the bee hut?
(a) Mesquite and mahogany.
(b) Lavender and roses.
(c) Mint and melissa.
(d) Rosemary and thyme.
4. The clerk at the newspaper office says that the loss of Major Kovalyov's nose is (a) _____ business.
(b) No one's
5. What grade is the stationmaster?
6. What does the tailor call his wife in "The Clothesmender"?
7. What do editors say that Ivan Ivanovich's stories lack when he brings them to their offices?
8. What jewelry is often given to the stationmaster's daughter by ladies who pass through the station?
9. What does the tailor's new wife say she will bring to the marriage in "The Clothesmender"?
(b) Hard work.
(c) A huge dowry.
(d) Many children.
10. Where does the Bishop go when he finds he doesn't feel like sleeping?
(a) The Captain's cabin.
(b) Below decks.
(c) The stern.
(d) The bow.
11. With what does Ivan Ivanovich begin his thinking appropriate thoughts while sitting on the tombstone?
(a) The Moscow Exhibition.
(b) Cleaning his mother's house.
(c) Saving money.
(d) His priest.
12. Who is staying in Room One the next New Year's Eve in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) The Ambassador.
(b) The Big Shot.
(c) The President.
(d) The Queen.
13. To whom is Lukerya betrothed when she is a young girl?
(a) Vasily Polyakov.
(b) Borislav Ivanovich.
(c) Nikolai Bogdanovich.
(d) Sergei Andropov.
14. What is the name of the stationmaster's daughter?
15. Whom does Lukerya's betrothed eventually marry?
(c) Lukerya's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tailor handed when he walks into Room One after being summoned there by the occupant?
2. What does a friend of Ivan Ivanovich's say he thirsts to feel?
3. What is the stationmaster's name?
4. How is Ivan Ivanovich described by the painter who exhibits his portrait?
5. What does the narrator hope will loosen the stationmaster's tongue with regard to the whereabouts of his daughter?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)