|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
(a) A deacon.
(b) An executioner.
(c) A dog trainer.
(d) A lieutenant.
2. What grade is the stationmaster?
3. What language are the verses in that tell the story on the stationmaster's wall?
4. What is painted on the sign by the gate in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) An armyak and a poddyovka.
(b) A krasnya kniga.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) Two clergy robes.
5. How are the three hermits described?
(a) As heathens.
(b) As great singers.
(c) As warlocks.
(d) As godly men.
6. To what variety of collegiate assessors does Major Kovalyov belong?
(a) The cornelian variety.
(b) The clerk variety.
(c) The scholarly variety.
(d) The Caucasus variety.
7. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
(a) Station X.
(b) Stop 7.
(c) Line 45.
(d) Station Y.
8. Who asks Ivan Ivanovich if he will ever be sober in "Bobok"?
(a) Evgeni Fomavich.
(b) Semyon Ardalyonovich.
(c) Maksim Markov.
(d) Georgi Pavlov.
9. Where is the stationmaster's daughter living with Captain Minsky?
10. What does the newspaper clerk offer Major Kovalyov as he is leaving his office?
(a) Bad advice.
(b) A cigarette.
(d) A copy of Molière's "Cyrano de Bergerac".
11. Why does Major Kovalyov go to the newspaper office?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To put out an advertisement for his lost nose.
(c) To get a subscription.
(d) To see if his nose has reported him missing.
12. In "The Three Hermits", where is the Bishop sailing from?
13. What is the weather like when the ship sets sail in "The Three Hermits"?
14. Where does "The Clothesmender" take place?
15. How does Pushkin describe the stationmaster?
(a) A beak-nosed charlatan.
(b) As a veritable martyr.
(c) A busybody.
(d) A large oaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukerya ask Pyotr Petrovich if he remembers as he is leaving the bee hut?
2. What item of clothing does the occupant of Room One need repaired in "The Clothesmender"?
3. Where does the hussar pretend he is taking the stationmaster's daughter when he abducts her?
4. In "The Nose", who is the head clerk in the Senate?
5. What does Ivan Ivanovich end his thinking with while sitting on the tombstone?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)