|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stationmaster's name?
(a) Nikolai Rensky.
(b) Sasha Petrovich.
(c) Kolya Ivanovich.
(d) Samson Vyrin.
2. Who is the governor-general of Moscow at the time "The Clothesmender" takes place?
(a) Count Zakrevsky.
(b) Duke Sergeyevich.
(c) Prince Golitsyn.
(d) Baron Klinevich.
3. From what language does Ivan Ivanovich translate books for booksellers?
4. What jewelry is often given to the stationmaster's daughter by ladies who pass through the station?
5. The young man who dies of "complications" goes to which doctor before he dies?
6. To whose funeral does Ivan Ivanovich go in "Bobok"?
(a) A former lover's.
(b) A Major General's.
(c) A friend of a friend's.
(d) A Collegiate Councilor's.
7. What is the weather like when the ship sets sail in "The Three Hermits"?
8. In "The Clothesmender," what does the tailor's grandfather sell?
(c) Shoe leather.
(d) Shoe polish.
9. In "The Nose", who is the head clerk in the Senate?
10. Where does the Bishop go when he finds he doesn't feel like sleeping?
(a) The stern.
(b) The Captain's cabin.
(c) Below decks.
(d) The bow.
11. What does the Bishop suggest that the three hermits have heard of when he is teaching them to pray?
(a) The Lamb of God.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) The Holy Trinity.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
12. What is the name of the type of small wattle shed or hut that Pyotr Petrovich finds next to the bee-garden?
(a) A plashet.
(b) An apiary.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) An amshanik.
13. What is the name of the stationmaster's daughter?
14. The clerk at the newspaper office says that the loss of Major Kovalyov's nose is (a) _____ business.
(d) No one's
15. What is the French name of the tailor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the three hermits live in?
2. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
3. When confronted by Major Kovalyov, what line of work does the nose say he is in?
4. Who does Pyotr Petrovich say is the woman who takes up the sword in the story Lukerya tells?
5. What does the tailor in "The Clothesmender" have a special gift for?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)