|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the stationmaster's daughter?
2. What is the weather like when the ship sets sail in "The Three Hermits"?
3. What does the narrator hope will loosen the stationmaster's tongue with regard to the whereabouts of his daughter?
(a) Cough elixir.
(b) Rum punch.
4. To what variety of collegiate assessors does Major Kovalyov belong?
(a) The cornelian variety.
(b) The Caucasus variety.
(c) The clerk variety.
(d) The scholarly variety.
5. Where is the narrator in "The Stationmaster" traveling in May 1816?
(b) N. Province.
6. Who suggests in "Bobok" that the corpses should no longer be ashamed?
(c) Ivan Ivanovich.
7. What is the name of the priest who comes to see Lukerya?
(a) Father Leonid.
(b) Father Fyodor.
(c) Father Dmitri.
(d) Father Aleksey.
8. To whom is Lukerya betrothed when she is a young girl?
(a) Nikolai Bogdanovich.
(b) Sergei Andropov.
(c) Vasily Polyakov.
(d) Borislav Ivanovich.
9. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
10. Where does the Bishop go when he finds he doesn't feel like sleeping?
(a) Below decks.
(b) The stern.
(c) The Captain's cabin.
(d) The bow.
11. How do the three hermits greet the Bishop when he lands on their island?
(a) They bow.
(b) They turn their backs.
(c) They run away.
(d) They kiss his hand.
12. What is the French name of the tailor?
13. What is the tailor handed when he walks into Room One after being summoned there by the occupant?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A pot of money.
(c) The garment he mended.
(d) The key to the room.
14. In "The Clothesmender", what is the name of the real estate agent who makes the sign for the tailor?
(a) Prokhor Ivanych.
(b) Vasily Konych.
(c) Fyodor Galensky.
(d) Segei Prokhov.
15. Who does the woman in the story that Lukerya tells Pyotr Petrovich chase away beyond the sea?
(a) The Followers of Simon.
(b) The Sons of Hagar.
(c) The Hittites.
(d) The Canaanites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
2. What does a friend who stops by Ivan Ivanovich's place say of his writing style?
3. What is painted on the sign by the gate in "The Clothesmender"?
4. Whom does the tailor in "The Clothesmender" marry?
5. Who does Pyotr Petrovich say is the woman who takes up the sword in the story Lukerya tells?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)