|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bishop offer the Captain in return for going to the island where the three hermits live?
(a) A job with the church.
(d) A new coat.
2. Who does Lukerya say has great patience when Pyotr Petrovich compliments her on her own patience?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) Simeon Stylites.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
3. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
(a) A dog trainer.
(b) An executioner.
(c) A deacon.
(d) A lieutenant.
4. Whom does Lukerya's betrothed eventually marry?
(a) Lukerya's sister.
5. What does the orphan girl bring to Lukerya when she drops by?
(b) Gold pieces.
6. What does a friend who stops by Ivan Ivanovich's place say of his writing style?
(a) That it is choppy.
(b) That it is long-winded.
(c) That he is copying Pushkin.
(d) That it is absurd.
7. Where does the hussar pretend he is taking the stationmaster's daughter when he abducts her?
(a) Her friend's house.
(d) The store.
8. Whom does the tailor in "The Clothesmender" marry?
(a) His second cousin.
(b) The general's daughter.
(c) The woman he buys his thread from.
(d) The sister of the assistant barman.
9. Why does Ivan Ivanovich surmise that coffins become so heavy?
(a) The amount of sentimental items.
(b) Inertia of the body.
(c) The type of wood used.
(d) The satin lining.
10. In "The Clothesmender," what is the tailor's real last name?
11. In "The Three Hermits", where is the Bishop sailing from?
12. To where is Ivan Yakovlevich trying to escape when he is apprehended by the police?
13. Who does the woman in the story that Lukerya tells Pyotr Petrovich chase away beyond the sea?
(a) The Canaanites.
(b) The Hittites.
(c) The Sons of Hagar.
(d) The Followers of Simon.
14. Where is the stationmaster's daughter living with Captain Minsky?
15. The stationmaster's daughter tries to soothe the sick hussar traveler with what?
(a) A vinegar-soaked handkerchief.
(b) Singing by his bedside.
(c) Cough elixir.
(d) Bible readings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Major Kovalyov give the police officer as he is leaving?
2. What does a friend of Ivan Ivanovich's say he thirsts to feel?
3. What grade is the stationmaster?
4. What is the tailor handed when he walks into Room One after being summoned there by the occupant?
5. Who does Pyotr Petrovich say is the woman who takes up the sword in the story Lukerya tells?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)