|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bishop teach the three hermits to recite?
(a) The Nicean Creed.
(b) Hail Mary.
(c) The Lord's Prayer.
(d) The Holy Rosary.
2. What is the device used to make Russian tea that the stationmaster asks his daughter to start for him when the narrator arrives?
(a) A tea ball.
(b) A copper kettle.
(c) A samovar.
(d) A tea press.
3. Why does Ivan Ivanovich surmise that coffins become so heavy?
(a) The satin lining.
(b) Inertia of the body.
(c) The amount of sentimental items.
(d) The type of wood used.
4. Major Kovalyov's face is described as ____ where his nose used to be.
(a) A large moon.
(b) Two holes.
(c) Tough as a board.
(d) Smooth as a pancake.
5. What does Lukerya ask Pyotr Petrovich if he remembers as he is leaving the bee hut?
(a) Her long braid.
(b) Her gold dress.
(c) Her red slippers.
(d) Her strong arms.
6. How is Ivan Ivanovich described by the painter who exhibits his portrait?
7. Who must be asked before the Bishop can visit the three hermits?
(a) The General.
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The Captain.
8. What does a friend of Ivan Ivanovich's say he thirsts to feel?
(b) Vodka going down his throat.
(d) God's presence.
9. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
(a) Line 45.
(b) Station X.
(c) Stop 7.
(d) Station Y.
10. To where is Ivan Yakovlevich trying to escape when he is apprehended by the police?
11. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
12. What does the narrator hope will loosen the stationmaster's tongue with regard to the whereabouts of his daughter?
(a) Cough elixir.
(b) Rum punch.
13. What does Ivan Yakovlevich want for breakfast when he wakes up on March 25th?
(a) Blini with caviar and cream.
(b) Hot bread with onion.
(c) A bowl of oatmeal.
(d) Tea and latkes.
14. What does the tailor in "The Clothesmender" have a special gift for?
15. What street does the barber Ivan Yakovlevich live on?
(a) Kolya Avenue.
(b) Pushkin Street.
(c) Krasnoy Street.
(d) Voznesensky Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stationmaster's daughter?
2. Where is Lukerya taken when the weather gets cold?
3. What item of clothing does the occupant of Room One need repaired in "The Clothesmender"?
4. Gogol says that people of the capital have shown an interest in experiments with the effects of _____.
5. What are the three hermits doing when the Bishop spies them through a spyglass?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)