|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is painted on the sign by the gate in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) A krasnya kniga.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) An armyak and a poddyovka.
(d) Two clergy robes.
2. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
3. What does the tailor's new wife say she will bring to the marriage in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) A huge dowry.
(b) Many children.
(c) Hard work.
4. What is the stationmaster's name?
(a) Samson Vyrin.
(b) Nikolai Rensky.
(c) Sasha Petrovich.
(d) Kolya Ivanovich.
5. To what variety of collegiate assessors does Major Kovalyov belong?
(a) The scholarly variety.
(b) The cornelian variety.
(c) The clerk variety.
(d) The Caucasus variety.
6. What does the tailor in "The Clothesmender" have a special gift for?
7. What does Ivan Ivanovich not like reading?
(c) Propaganda posters.
8. What does the narrator hope will loosen the stationmaster's tongue with regard to the whereabouts of his daughter?
(a) Rum punch.
(b) Cough elixir.
9. Who wants Major Kovalyov to marry her daughter?
(a) Mrs. Petrovna.
(b) Mrs. Podtochina.
(c) Mrs. Osipovna.
(d) Mrs. Ivanovna.
10. What does the orphan girl bring to Lukerya when she drops by?
(c) Gold pieces.
11. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
(a) An executioner.
(b) A lieutenant.
(c) A dog trainer.
(d) A deacon.
12. When confronted by Major Kovalyov, what line of work does the nose say he is in?
13. What color is the water in the cemetery that is being baled out with a dipper by the gravedigger in "Bobok"?
14. Where does "The Clothesmender" take place?
15. What is the last thing Lukerya asks of Pyotr Petrovich?
(a) To give her some honey.
(b) To have his mother reduce the quit-rent for the peasants.
(c) To find her lost daughter.
(d) To bring her back a deer from his next hunting trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the tailor in "The Clothesmender" marry?
2. Who else is on the ship besides the Bishop in "The Three Hermits"?
3. How does the Bishop teach the three hermits to pray?
4. Major Kovalyov's face is described as ____ where his nose used to be.
5. Why does Ivan Ivanovich surmise that coffins become so heavy?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)