|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bishop think is speeding toward his ship?
(a) A shark.
(b) A whale.
(c) A small boat.
(d) A falling star.
2. What does the tailor's new wife say she will bring to the marriage in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) Many children.
(b) A huge dowry.
(d) Hard work.
3. Who turns out to be following the ship the Bishop is on?
(a) The three hermits.
(b) A pirate ghost.
(c) A whaling vessel.
(d) The fisherman who initially told the story of the hermits.
4. Who suggests in "Bobok" that the corpses should no longer be ashamed?
(a) Ivan Ivanovich.
5. What is the name of the type of small wattle shed or hut that Pyotr Petrovich finds next to the bee-garden?
(a) An amshanik.
(b) A plashet.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) An apiary.
6. What is the French name of the tailor?
7. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
8. Where does "The Clothesmender" take place?
9. What does the Bishop offer the Captain in return for going to the island where the three hermits live?
(b) A new coat.
(d) A job with the church.
10. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
(a) Station Y.
(b) Station X.
(c) Stop 7.
(d) Line 45.
11. Where does the Bishop go when he finds he doesn't feel like sleeping?
(a) The bow.
(b) Below decks.
(c) The Captain's cabin.
(d) The stern.
12. Who does Pyotr Petrovich say is the woman who takes up the sword in the story Lukerya tells?
(a) The Lady of Avalon.
(b) Lady Godiva.
(c) Catherine the Great.
(d) Joan of Arc.
13. What does the police inspector prefer to everything else in "The Nose"?
(a) A bank note.
(d) A compliment.
14. The stationmaster's daughter tries to soothe the sick hussar traveler with what?
(a) Bible readings.
(b) Cough elixir.
(c) A vinegar-soaked handkerchief.
(d) Singing by his bedside.
15. From what language does Ivan Ivanovich translate books for booksellers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Three Hermits", where is the Bishop sailing from?
2. Who goes hunting with Pyotr Petrovich in "A Living Relic"?
3. Where does Ivan Yakovlevich go to dispose of the nose he finds in his bread?
4. Who does the woman in the story that Lukerya tells Pyotr Petrovich chase away beyond the sea?
5. Where is the stationmaster's daughter living with Captain Minsky?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)