|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The clerk at the newspaper office says that the loss of Major Kovalyov's nose is (a) _____ business.
(d) No one's
2. Where does Ivan Yakovlevich go to dispose of the nose he finds in his bread?
(a) Anichkin Bridge.
(b) Police Bridge.
(c) Dolya Bridge.
(d) St. Isaac's Bridge.
3. Who is staying in Room One the next New Year's Eve in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The President.
(c) The Big Shot.
(d) The Ambassador.
4. Where does the Bishop go when he finds he doesn't feel like sleeping?
(a) The Captain's cabin.
(b) Below decks.
(c) The bow.
(d) The stern.
5. In "The Three Hermits", where is the Bishop sailing from?
6. Where is the Bishop sailing to in "The Three Hermits"?
(b) The Solovetsky Islands.
(c) The Sakhalin Islands.
(d) The Kuril Islands.
7. What is the name of a type of Russian carriage?
(a) A troika.
(b) A chariot.
(c) A rickshaw.
(d) A shaker.
8. What does the narrator hope will loosen the stationmaster's tongue with regard to the whereabouts of his daughter?
(c) Cough elixir.
(d) Rum punch.
9. How does the Bishop teach the three hermits to pray?
(a) By taking them back to the ship.
(b) According to the teaching style of Rome.
(c) According to the Lord's scripture.
(d) Kneeling on the sand.
10. Where does "The Clothesmender" take place?
11. Who suggests in "Bobok" that the corpses should no longer be ashamed?
(c) Ivan Ivanovich.
12. How is Ivan Ivanovich described by the painter who exhibits his portrait?
13. What does Major Kovalyov give the police officer as he is leaving?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) Some bread.
(d) A red bank note.
14. Who wants Major Kovalyov to marry her daughter?
(a) Mrs. Podtochina.
(b) Mrs. Osipovna.
(c) Mrs. Petrovna.
(d) Mrs. Ivanovna.
15. Who else is on the ship besides the Bishop in "The Three Hermits"?
(a) Military personnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Major Kovalyov's face is described as ____ where his nose used to be.
2. What does Ivan Ivanovich do that causes the corpses to go silent?
3. What is the real last name of the occupant of Room One in "The Clothesmender"?
4. What story is depicted on the stationmaster's wall?
5. What does Lukerya make the wreath out of in her dreams?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)