|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Clothesmender," what is the tailor's real last name?
2. Who asks Ivan Ivanovich if he will ever be sober in "Bobok"?
(a) Semyon Ardalyonovich.
(b) Evgeni Fomavich.
(c) Maksim Markov.
(d) Georgi Pavlov.
3. How does the Bishop teach the three hermits to pray?
(a) According to the teaching style of Rome.
(b) Kneeling on the sand.
(c) By taking them back to the ship.
(d) According to the Lord's scripture.
4. Who else is on the ship besides the Bishop in "The Three Hermits"?
(d) Military personnel.
5. With what does Ivan Ivanovich begin his thinking appropriate thoughts while sitting on the tombstone?
(a) His priest.
(b) Cleaning his mother's house.
(c) The Moscow Exhibition.
(d) Saving money.
6. Major Kovalyov's face is described as ____ where his nose used to be.
(a) Smooth as a pancake.
(b) A large moon.
(c) Two holes.
(d) Tough as a board.
7. What does Major Kovalyov give the police officer as he is leaving?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A red bank note.
(d) Some bread.
8. Who is staying in Room One the next New Year's Eve in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Ambassador.
(c) The Big Shot.
(d) The President.
9. What does Lukerya keep hearing on the day of her death in "The Living Relic"?
(a) Church bells.
(b) A lark.
(c) A chorus of angels.
(d) Swarms of bees.
10. What are Pyotr Petrovich and his friend hunting for?
(c) Black grouse.
(d) Game hens.
11. What is the last thing Lukerya asks of Pyotr Petrovich?
(a) To have his mother reduce the quit-rent for the peasants.
(b) To find her lost daughter.
(c) To bring her back a deer from his next hunting trip.
(d) To give her some honey.
12. Who goes hunting with Pyotr Petrovich in "A Living Relic"?
13. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
14. What is the name of a type of Russian carriage?
(a) A shaker.
(b) A troika.
(c) A chariot.
(d) A rickshaw.
15. What does a friend of Ivan Ivanovich's say he thirsts to feel?
(a) God's presence.
(b) Vodka going down his throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Major Kovalyov confront his lost nose?
2. How are the three hermits described?
3. What does the occupant of Room One from the beginning of "The Clothesmender" do when the tailor tries to comfort him at the end of the story?
4. Whom does the tailor in "The Clothesmender" marry?
5. What is the real last name of the occupant of Room One in "The Clothesmender"?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)