|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Major Kovalyov confront his lost nose?
(a) Balshoi Theater.
(b) Kazan Cathedral.
(c) Nevsky Theater.
(d) Kirov Cathedral.
2. The stationmaster's daughter tries to soothe the sick hussar traveler with what?
(a) Cough elixir.
(b) A vinegar-soaked handkerchief.
(c) Singing by his bedside.
(d) Bible readings.
3. Gogol describes the doctor that Major Kovalyov goes to see as having pitch-black _____.
4. What is the name of the stationmaster's daughter?
5. What does Ivan Ivanovich not like reading?
(b) Propaganda posters.
6. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
(a) A dog trainer.
(b) A deacon.
(c) An executioner.
(d) A lieutenant.
7. How do the three hermits greet the Bishop when he lands on their island?
(a) They bow.
(b) They kiss his hand.
(c) They run away.
(d) They turn their backs.
8. What does Lukerya ask Pyotr Petrovich if he remembers as he is leaving the bee hut?
(a) Her long braid.
(b) Her gold dress.
(c) Her red slippers.
(d) Her strong arms.
9. What does the Bishop offer the Captain in return for going to the island where the three hermits live?
(c) A job with the church.
(d) A new coat.
10. What is the name of the priest who comes to see Lukerya?
(a) Father Dmitri.
(b) Father Fyodor.
(c) Father Aleksey.
(d) Father Leonid.
11. Where is the narrator in "The Stationmaster" traveling in May 1816?
(a) N. Province.
12. Who is staying in Room One the next New Year's Eve in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) The Ambassador.
(b) The Big Shot.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The President.
13. What does Ivan Ivanovich end his thinking with while sitting on the tombstone?
(c) Legendary status.
(d) Subliminal messages.
14. Why does Ivan Ivanovich surmise that coffins become so heavy?
(a) The amount of sentimental items.
(b) The type of wood used.
(c) Inertia of the body.
(d) The satin lining.
15. When confronted by Major Kovalyov, what line of work does the nose say he is in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Clothesmender," what does the tailor's grandfather sell?
2. What does a friend of Ivan Ivanovich's say he thirsts to feel?
3. Whom does the stationmaster ask about his daughter's whereabouts as this person is snuffing out candles?
4. What does the tailor call his wife in "The Clothesmender"?
5. What do the three hermits live in?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)