Short Answer Key
The Stationmaster by Alexander Pushkin
1. How does Pushkin describe the stationmaster?
As a veritable martyr.
2. What grade is the stationmaster?
3. What does Prince Vyazemsky facetiously call a person who holds the post of stationmaster?
4. What is the name of a type of Russian carriage?
5. Where is the narrator in "The Stationmaster" traveling in May 1816?
6. What is the name of the stationmaster's daughter?
7. What is the device used to make Russian tea that the stationmaster asks his daughter to start for him when the narrator arrives?
8. What story is depicted on the stationmaster's wall?
The prodigal son.
9. What language are the verses in that tell the story on the stationmaster's wall?
10. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
This section contains 2,606 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)