|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clothesmender by Nikolay Leskov.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Vyazemsky facetiously call a person who holds the post of stationmaster?
(a) A dog.
(b) A democrat.
(c) A dictator.
(d) An ant.
2. What is the real last name of the occupant of Room One in "The Clothesmender"?
3. To whose funeral does Ivan Ivanovich go in "Bobok"?
(a) A friend of a friend's.
(b) A Major General's.
(c) A former lover's.
(d) A Collegiate Councilor's.
4. What does the Bishop think is speeding toward his ship?
(a) A falling star.
(b) A whale.
(c) A shark.
(d) A small boat.
5. How is Ivan Ivanovich described by the painter who exhibits his portrait?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the three hermits described?
2. The young man who dies of "complications" goes to which doctor before he dies?
3. What story is depicted on the stationmaster's wall?
4. The clerk at the newspaper office says that the loss of Major Kovalyov's nose is (a) _____ business.
5. What is painted on the sign by the gate in "The Clothesmender"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)