|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Clothesmender by Nikolay Leskov.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the three hermits greet the Bishop when he lands on their island?
(a) They kiss his hand.
(b) They run away.
(c) They turn their backs.
(d) They bow.
2. How does Pushkin describe the stationmaster?
(a) A beak-nosed charlatan.
(b) As a veritable martyr.
(c) A large oaf.
(d) A busybody.
3. What is the weather like when the ship sets sail in "The Three Hermits"?
4. Who turns out to be following the ship the Bishop is on?
(a) A pirate ghost.
(b) A whaling vessel.
(c) The fisherman who initially told the story of the hermits.
(d) The three hermits.
5. Why does the second hermit have trouble reciting what the Bishop teaches him?
(a) Because his whiskers are overgrown.
(b) Because he won't listen.
(c) Because he is deaf.
(d) Because he doesn't speak the same language.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
2. When confronted by Major Kovalyov, what line of work does the nose say he is in?
3. In "The Clothesmender", what is the name of the real estate agent who makes the sign for the tailor?
4. In "The Nose", who is the head clerk in the Senate?
5. What does Lukerya keep hearing on the day of her death in "The Living Relic"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)