|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Hermits by Leo Tolstoy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Major Kovalyov confront his lost nose?
(a) Kirov Cathedral.
(b) Balshoi Theater.
(c) Nevsky Theater.
(d) Kazan Cathedral.
2. Where does the hussar pretend he is taking the stationmaster's daughter when he abducts her?
(a) The store.
(c) Her friend's house.
3. What does a friend of Ivan Ivanovich's say he thirsts to feel?
(a) God's presence.
(b) Vodka going down his throat.
4. Why does the second hermit have trouble reciting what the Bishop teaches him?
(a) Because he is deaf.
(b) Because his whiskers are overgrown.
(c) Because he doesn't speak the same language.
(d) Because he won't listen.
5. What does Ivan Ivanovich do that causes the corpses to go silent?
(a) He drops his bottle.
(b) He coughs.
(c) He talks to them.
(d) He sneezes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Vyazemsky facetiously call a person who holds the post of stationmaster?
2. What are Pyotr Petrovich and his friend hunting for?
3. What does the newspaper clerk offer Major Kovalyov as he is leaving his office?
4. What does the Bishop teach the three hermits to recite?
5. What does the lady passing by a year prior to the story, "A Living Relic" give to Lukerya?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)