|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Living Relic by Ivan Turgenev.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Major Kovalyov go to the newspaper office?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To see if his nose has reported him missing.
(c) To get a subscription.
(d) To put out an advertisement for his lost nose.
2. What grade is the stationmaster?
3. What does Lukerya keep hearing on the day of her death in "The Living Relic"?
(a) A chorus of angels.
(b) A lark.
(c) Swarms of bees.
(d) Church bells.
4. What does Major Kovalyov give the police officer as he is leaving?
(a) Some bread.
(b) A gold watch.
(d) A red bank note.
5. What language are the verses in that tell the story on the stationmaster's wall?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Major Kovalyov to marry her daughter?
2. Who goes hunting with Pyotr Petrovich in "A Living Relic"?
3. What does the narrator hope will loosen the stationmaster's tongue with regard to the whereabouts of his daughter?
4. What jewelry is often given to the stationmaster's daughter by ladies who pass through the station?
5. Gogol describes the doctor that Major Kovalyov goes to see as having pitch-black _____.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)