|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Nose by Nikolay Gogol.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Major Kovalyov confront his lost nose?
(a) Nevsky Theater.
(b) Kirov Cathedral.
(c) Kazan Cathedral.
(d) Balshoi Theater.
2. What is the device used to make Russian tea that the stationmaster asks his daughter to start for him when the narrator arrives?
(a) A tea ball.
(b) A copper kettle.
(c) A samovar.
(d) A tea press.
3. What does Ivan Yakovlevich want for breakfast when he wakes up on March 25th?
(a) Blini with caviar and cream.
(b) Hot bread with onion.
(c) A bowl of oatmeal.
(d) Tea and latkes.
4. What does the newspaper clerk offer Major Kovalyov as he is leaving his office?
(a) Bad advice.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A copy of Molière's "Cyrano de Bergerac".
5. In "The Stationmaster," what is the traveler wearing who appears at the station three years before the narrator's second visit?
(a) A Circassian fur cap.
(b) A sapphire ring
(c) A mink coat.
(d) A German patch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the stationmaster ask about his daughter's whereabouts as this person is snuffing out candles?
2. What language are the verses in that tell the story on the stationmaster's wall?
3. What is the name given to the station where the stationmaster and his daughter live?
4. In "The Nose", who is the head clerk in the Senate?
5. Who wants Major Kovalyov to marry her daughter?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)