|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sleepy by Anton Chekhov.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose funeral does Ivan Ivanovich go in "Bobok"?
(a) A Major General's.
(b) A former lover's.
(c) A Collegiate Councilor's.
(d) A friend of a friend's.
2. Who in the church suggests a place for the narrator to live in "The Clothesmender"?
(a) The bishop.
(b) The cleaning person.
(c) The organist.
(d) The psalmodist.
3. What does Ivan Ivanovich end his thinking with while sitting on the tombstone?
(b) Subliminal messages.
(d) Legendary status.
4. Who chokes on a chicken bone and dies that owned the house before the tailor?
(a) An executioner.
(b) A deacon.
(c) A dog trainer.
(d) A lieutenant.
5. What is the real last name of the occupant of Room One in "The Clothesmender"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is painted into his portrait that vexes Ivan Ivanovich?
2. What does the lady passing by a year prior to the story, "A Living Relic" give to Lukerya?
3. What is the tailor handed when he walks into Room One after being summoned there by the occupant?
4. What does the occupant of Room One from the beginning of "The Clothesmender" do when the tailor tries to comfort him at the end of the story?
5. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)