|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sleepy by Anton Chekhov.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose funeral does Ivan Ivanovich go in "Bobok"?
(a) A former lover's.
(b) A Collegiate Councilor's.
(c) A friend of a friend's.
(d) A Major General's.
2. In "The Clothesmender," what does the tailor's grandfather sell?
(a) Shoe polish.
(d) Shoe leather.
3. In "Bobok", among the palls at the cemetery, there were also two _____.
4. How is Ivan Ivanovich described by the painter who exhibits his portrait?
5. From what language does Ivan Ivanovich translate books for booksellers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the governor-general of Moscow at the time "The Clothesmender" takes place?
2. The clerk at the newspaper office says that the loss of Major Kovalyov's nose is (a) _____ business.
3. Whom does Varka see as the enemy in her dream state?
4. In front of the Icon in "Sleepy", what color light is burning?
5. What is the tailor handed when he walks into Room One after being summoned there by the occupant?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)