|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alquist say is madness?
2. Complete the following sentence "the graveyard of..."
3. What does Alquist tell the robots that the people left them?
4. What does Primus think being dead is like?
5. How does Helena say she feels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Helena burn Rossum's manuscript? Why do the the managers react so passively to Helena's mistakes? What can the humans could do to escape the robots?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
A film version of R.U.R is scheduled to be releases in 2011. Why are the themes and ideas used in the play still relevant over 80 years later? How will the filmmakers have to adapt the themes of the play to fit in with the new environment?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)