|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Primus say the numbers on the paper are?
2. Who does Anquist decide to cut open?
3. What does Alquist do with the test tubes?
4. What kind of secret does Primus say is written on the piece of paper?
5. What part of her body does Helena say hurts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A film version of R.U.R is scheduled to be releases in 2011. Why are the themes and ideas used in the play still relevant over 80 years later? How will the filmmakers have to adapt the themes of the play to fit in with the new environment?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Alquist's character at the end of the play to the person he was at the beginning of the play.
1) What did Alquist hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Alquist ideas about life?
3) How has Alquist's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)