|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helena say she is no good for?
2. Where has Damon arrived from?
3. Where does the third act take place?
4. Why does Alquist say he could not hold a scalpel?
5. What does Helena look through in the lab?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1) In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2) How does the play express the changes Europe was going through at the time?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way Capek uses other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Capek gives some of his robot characters Greek and Roman names, including Radius and Primus. Pick one of the following ma,es and examine what meaning their name gives to their character and the story in general:
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)