|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alquist think that stars are no longer any good?
2. What does Primus think being dead is like?
3. When does Helena think eyes are beautiful?
4. How does Damon react when Alquist cuts him open?
5. What does Alquist tell Primus not to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1) In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2) How does the play express the changes Europe was going through at the time?
Essay Topic 2
R.U.R is famous for having introduced the word robot into popular culture. How has the term and the idea that robots could exist evolved? Why have humans been so fascinated by robots? What part do robots play in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
R.U.R is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did R.U.R help to set the template for similar plays and works of literature? Do modern novels and plays still use the ideas the author uses in R.U.R?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)