|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alquist call Primus?
2. What does Alquist tell the robots that the people left them?
3. What does Alquist say is God's greatest invention?
4. How does Helena say she feels?
5. Whose life does Alquist say will not perish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
R.U.R is translated from Czech into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about early-20th century society:
2) Humanitarian work.
3) Mistrust of other cultures.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)