|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alquist say is God's greatest invention?
2. What does Primus say the numbers on the paper are?
3. What part of her does Helena think is horrible?
4. What does Alquist say life comes from?
5. What kind of secret does Primus say is written on the piece of paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Capek gives some of his robot characters Greek and Roman names, including Radius and Primus. Pick one of the following ma,es and examine what meaning their name gives to their character and the story in general:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the plays reception in three different countries including the country the play was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)