|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alquist use as a blanket?
2. What does Alquist tell Primus not to do?
3. What part of her body does Helena say hurts?
4. What does Alquist say he used to do?
5. What does Primus think being dead is like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A film version of R.U.R is scheduled to be releases in 2011. Why are the themes and ideas used in the play still relevant over 80 years later? How will the filmmakers have to adapt the themes of the play to fit in with the new environment?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1920s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way Capek uses other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)