|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alquist say he wants to dissect?
2. Who does Alquist ask the servant to send in?
3. What does Alquist call Primus?
4. What kind of animals does Helena say are at the house?
5. Who knocks on Alquist's door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1) In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2) How does the play express the changes Europe was going through at the time?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1920s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)