|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alquist think that stars are no longer any good?
2. What does Alquist say books are?
3. What does Alquist tell Primus he wants to do?
4. When does Helena think eyes are beautiful?
5. What does Primus say Helena is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
R.U.R is translated from Czech into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Alquist's character at the end of the play to the person he was at the beginning of the play.
1) What did Alquist hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Alquist ideas about life?
3) How has Alquist's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Capek gives some of his robot characters Greek and Roman names, including Radius and Primus. Pick one of the following ma,es and examine what meaning their name gives to their character and the story in general:
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)