|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alquist say he could not hold a scalpel?
2. What does Alquist say he loved?
3. How does Damon react when Alquist cuts him open?
4. What is the first thing Alquist says when he is alone?
5. What does Helena say she wished she was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Alquist's character at the end of the play to the person he was at the beginning of the play.
1) What did Alquist hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Alquist ideas about life?
3) How has Alquist's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)