|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alquist say he wants to dissect?
2. What is the first thing Alquist says when he is alone?
3. What part of her body does Helena say hurts?
4. What does Helena think is going to happen to her?
5. What does Alquist smash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
R.U.R is famous for having introduced the word robot into popular culture. How has the term and the idea that robots could exist evolved? Why have humans been so fascinated by robots? What part do robots play in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Helena burn Rossum's manuscript? Why do the the managers react so passively to Helena's mistakes? What can the humans could do to escape the robots?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1920s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)