|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alquist call his hands?
2. What does Alquist do with the test tubes?
3. What does Primus think is the greatest thing in the world?
4. Who is giving Alquist orders?
5. What does Helena say is happening outside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
R.U.R is translated from Czech into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about early-20th century society:
2) Humanitarian work.
3) Mistrust of other cultures.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1920s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)