|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fabry want to put an electric current through?
2. What does Alquist say is man's last achievement?
3. What did Helena burn?
4. Why could Gall not refuse Helena?
5. Who mostly made the robots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fabry bring back from the mail boat?
2. What does Alquist want Radius to do?
3. Summarize R.U.R
4. What gifts have Domin and the other managers bought for Helena?
5. What does Domin tell Helena about the international robot organization?
6. How do Sulla and Marius react to dissection?
7. Why did Helena want Dr. Gall to make the changes to the robots?
8. What does Alquist say in his prayer?
9. How did Rossum's son continue his father's work?
10. What happens when Alquist tries to perform a dissection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Helena burn Rossum's manuscript? Why do the the managers react so passively to Helena's mistakes? What can the humans could do to escape the robots?
Essay Topic 2
R.U.R is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did R.U.R help to set the template for similar plays and works of literature? Do modern novels and plays still use the ideas the author uses in R.U.R?
Essay Topic 3
R.U.R influenced modern literature and in science fiction. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)