|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helena burn?
2. What do the group decide to sell?
3. What kind of gun does Domin carry in his pocket?
4. What does Helena say Alquist is dressed like?
5. Who is Nana the voice of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Busman's idea to persuade the robots to allow them to leave safely?
2. Why does Helena want to leave the island?
3. What does Alquist realize about Helena and Primus?
4. What does Dr. Gall report about Radius?
5. Why do the factory managers join Domn and Helena in the office?
6. How does Domin shock Helena when he calls back Marius and Sulla?
7. What does Alquist want Radius to do?
8. Why do Domin and the other managers not want to leave the island?
9. Why does Helena say she burned the Rossum manuscripts?
10. In what way does the play end on a hopeful tone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Capek gives some of his robot characters Greek and Roman names, including Radius and Primus. Pick one of the following ma,es and examine what meaning their name gives to their character and the story in general:
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)