|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the robot's leader?
2. What does Nana say robots are the work of?
3. Why did Helena burn the documents?
4. What did Helena burn?
5. What does Domin say it is the last day of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't the characters leave Domin's house?
2. What does Hallemeier think about Helena's piano playing?
3. What does Domin notice about the two boats Ameila and Ultimus?
4. How does Domin react to Miss Glory lifting her veil?
5. Why does Dr. Gall say he is to blame for what has happened?
6. Why did Domin and the others bring flowers and plants into the drawing room?
7. How did Rossum's son continue his father's work?
8. What does Helena say is the purpose of her visit?
9. How do Sulla and Marius react to dissection?
10. How does the third act end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Compare Alquist's character at the end of the play to the person he was at the beginning of the play.
1) What did Alquist hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Alquist ideas about life?
3) How has Alquist's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)