|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hallemeier name the flower he developed after Helena?
2. What does Alquist thank God for giving him?
3. What is Busman carrying outside?
4. What do the group decide to sell?
5. What does Nana say robots are the work of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Gall say he cannot stop robot production?
2. How does Domin react to Miss Glory lifting her veil?
3. What do Helena and Primus say about the sunrise and Alquist's anatomy book?
4. What does Alquist realize about Helena and Primus?
5. Why are Primus and Helena closer to humans than the other robots?
6. Why are Domn and the managers encouraged by the sight of the mail boat?
7. Why does Dr. Gall say he is to blame for what has happened?
8. What does Dr. Gall report about Radius?
9. What is the managers idea for a new breed of robot?
10. What happens immediately after Busman dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 2
R.U.R influenced modern literature and in science fiction. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Capek gives some of his robot characters Greek and Roman names, including Radius and Primus. Pick one of the following ma,es and examine what meaning their name gives to their character and the story in general:
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)