|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills Busman?
2. Where was the first union of robots established?
3. What does Radius say he wishes not to have?
4. What does Fabry ask for?
5. Where does Nana say there is war?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the play end on a hopeful tone?
2. Why does Helena want to leave the island?
3. What does Alquist say is happening?
4. Why does Nana think the end of the world is approaching?
5. Why do the managers think robots are of value to the human world?
6. Why are Primus and Helena closer to humans than the other robots?
7. What does Alquist realize about Helena and Primus?
8. What have the robots ordered Alquist to do?
9. What does Domin notice about the two boats Ameila and Ultimus?
10. Why does Domin not regret producing the robots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
R.U.R is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did R.U.R help to set the template for similar plays and works of literature? Do modern novels and plays still use the ideas the author uses in R.U.R?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
R.U.R is famous for having introduced the word robot into popular culture. How has the term and the idea that robots could exist evolved? Why have humans been so fascinated by robots? What part do robots play in today's society?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)