|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of scissors does Dr. Gall find?
2. What does Alquist build when he is worried?
3. What does Helena ask Nana to get her?
4. What will the robots be unable to do without the piece of paper?
5. What is the name of the yellowing, dirty piece of paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Gall say he cannot stop robot production?
2. What does Alquist realize about Helena and Primus?
3. How does the play begin?
4. Why does Domin not regret producing the robots?
5. Why does Radius want the formula to create more robots?
6. Why does Alquist call Helena and Primus Adam and Eve?
7. Why does Nana think Domin should stop producing robots?
8. What is Fabry and Hallemier's plan?
9. Why does Helena want to leave the island?
10. What does Domin tell Helena about the international robot organization?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the plays reception in three different countries including the country the play was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)