|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fabry think about shooting Radius with?
2. What is Hallemeier listening to?
3. What does Fabry buy Helena?
4. What did Hallemeier name the flower he developed after Helena?
5. What does Busman buy Helena for her anniversary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first Rossum robots like?
2. What does Fabry bring back from the mail boat?
3. Why is Nana disgruntled?
4. How does Domin react to Miss Glory lifting her veil?
5. Why does Nana think the end of the world is approaching?
6. What does Domin notice about the two boats Ameila and Ultimus?
7. What does Dr. Gall report about Radius?
8. Why does Domin want to marry Helena?
9. Why does Alquist call Helena and Primus Adam and Eve?
10. What is Fabry and Hallemier's plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1) In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2) How does the play express the changes Europe was going through at the time?
Essay Topic 2
A film version of R.U.R is scheduled to be releases in 2011. Why are the themes and ideas used in the play still relevant over 80 years later? How will the filmmakers have to adapt the themes of the play to fit in with the new environment?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Helena burn Rossum's manuscript? Why do the the managers react so passively to Helena's mistakes? What can the humans could do to escape the robots?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)