|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the robot get into the house?
2. What does Fabry buy Helena?
3. What does Ultimus mean?
4. What is the name of the island?
5. What does the living room window overlook?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Domin shock Helena when he calls back Marius and Sulla?
2. Why did Dr. Gall start making pain-nerves for robots?
3. Why does Helena say she burned the Rossum manuscripts?
4. Why are Primus and Helena closer to humans than the other robots?
5. Why can't the characters leave Domin's house?
6. Why do Domin and the other managers not want to leave the island?
7. Why did Helena want Dr. Gall to make the changes to the robots?
8. Why do the managers think robots are of value to the human world?
9. How was Mr. Rossum Sr important to the discovery of robots?
10. What do Helena and Primus say about the sunrise and Alquist's anatomy book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the plays reception in three different countries including the country the play was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of the 1920s.
1) In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2) How does the play express the changes Europe was going through at the time?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)