|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hallemeier listening to?
2. What mistake does Gall say they made in making the robots?
3. What does Domin say it is the last day of?
4. What does Domin ask Alquist if he has?
5. What are the men expecting to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fabry bring back from the mail boat?
2. Why does Alquist think the factory managers are to blame for what has happened?
3. How does Busman die?
4. What does Alquist say is happening?
5. What does Helena say about her strange feelings?
6. How was Mr. Rossum Sr important to the discovery of robots?
7. What does Domin notice about the two boats Ameila and Ultimus?
8. Why does Alquist not want to dissect a robot?
9. Why did Domin and the others bring flowers and plants into the drawing room?
10. Why is Nana disgruntled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Compare Alquist's character at the end of the play to the person he was at the beginning of the play. 1) What did Alquist hope to achieve at the beginning of the play? 2) What events changes Alquist ideas about life? 3) How has Alquist's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 3Examine the way Capek uses other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)