|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alquist build when he is worried?
2. Where does Domin want to get to?
3. Why could Gall not refuse Helena?
4. What building makes a whistle sound?
5. What does Busman buy Helena for her anniversary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helena want to leave the island?
2. What happens when Alquist tries to perform a dissection?
3. What does Alquist say is happening?
4. What does Alquist want Radius to do?
5. Why does Dr. Gall think the birthrate is low?
6. Why does Alquist not want to dissect a robot?
7. Why does Dr. Gall say he cannot stop robot production?
8. What does Domin promise to show Helena?
9. What is Fabry and Hallemier's plan?
10. What is Busman's idea to persuade the robots to allow them to leave safely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about early-20th century society:
2) Humanitarian work.
3) Mistrust of other cultures.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Alquist's character at the end of the play to the person he was at the beginning of the play.
1) What did Alquist hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Alquist ideas about life?
3) How has Alquist's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)