|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Busman say the robots will die out like?
2. What does Nana say robots are the work of?
3. What does Helena ask Nana to get her?
4. What are the robots trained as?
5. Who have robots declared as their enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the managers idea for a new breed of robot?
2. What does Domin think about Rossum Sr?
3. How did Rossum's son continue his father's work?
4. How do Sulla and Marius react to dissection?
5. Why did Helena want Dr. Gall to make the changes to the robots?
6. Why does Alquist call Helena and Primus Adam and Eve?
7. What does Helena say about her strange feelings?
8. What are the letters Domin dictates to Sulla about?
9. Why are Domn and the managers encouraged by the sight of the mail boat?
10. Why does Nana think the end of the world is approaching?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about early-20th century society:
2) Humanitarian work.
3) Mistrust of other cultures.
Essay Topic 2
R.U.R is translated from Czech into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 3
R.U.R is famous for having introduced the word robot into popular culture. How has the term and the idea that robots could exist evolved? Why have humans been so fascinated by robots? What part do robots play in today's society?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)