|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mostly made the robots?
2. What does Fabry ask for?
3. What does Alquist say makes him dizzy?
4. What mistake does Gall say they made in making the robots?
5. Who does Helena say she has killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the managers idea for a new breed of robot?
2. How does Busman die?
3. What does Alquist say in his prayer?
4. What does Alquist want Radius to do?
5. Why are Primus and Helena closer to humans than the other robots?
6. Why does Dr. Gall say he is to blame for what has happened?
7. In what way does the play end on a hopeful tone?
8. Why do Domin and the other managers not want to leave the island?
9. Why does Domin not regret producing the robots?
10. What does Alquist say is happening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 3
R.U.R is translated from Czech into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)