|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Radius wish to be master of?
2. What was the name of the ship that docked on time?
3. What do Helena and Nana burn on the fire?
4. What does Fabry ask for?
5. What kills Busman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Gall report about Radius?
2. Why does Helena say she burned the Rossum manuscripts?
3. Why is Nana disgruntled?
4. In what way does the play end on a hopeful tone?
5. Why does Radius want the formula to create more robots?
6. Why does Dr. Gall think the birthrate is low?
7. What are the letters Domin dictates to Sulla about?
8. What are the first Rossum robots like?
9. Why does Alquist call Helena and Primus Adam and Eve?
10. Why do the managers think robots are of value to the human world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Alquist's character at the end of the play to the person he was at the beginning of the play.
1) What did Alquist hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2) What events changes Alquist ideas about life?
3) How has Alquist's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
R.U.R is famous for having introduced the word robot into popular culture. How has the term and the idea that robots could exist evolved? Why have humans been so fascinated by robots? What part do robots play in today's society?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)