|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fabry ask for?
2. Who mostly made the robots?
3. What does the living room window overlook?
4. What did the government turn robots into?
5. Which of the following does Domin not say he hates?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize R.U.R
2. Why does Dr. Gall think the birthrate is low?
3. What does Domin notice about the two boats Ameila and Ultimus?
4. What does Alquist say is happening?
5. What are the letters Domin dictates to Sulla about?
6. How did Rossum's son continue his father's work?
7. Why did Helena want Dr. Gall to make the changes to the robots?
8. What is Busman's idea to persuade the robots to allow them to leave safely?
9. How do Sulla and Marius react to dissection?
10. Why does Domin want to marry Helena?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)