|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helena say Alquist is dressed like?
2. What does Alquist say the human race will fall to the ground like?
3. Why does Alquist think women have stopped having children?
4. What does Nana say robots are the work of?
5. What book does Busman say talks about the pastoral life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helena say about her strange feelings?
2. Why does it not matter if robots put humans out of jobs?
3. Why does Alquist call Helena and Primus Adam and Eve?
4. What gifts have Domin and the other managers bought for Helena?
5. What is Fabry and Hallemier's plan?
6. Why are Primus and Helena closer to humans than the other robots?
7. Why does Radius want the formula to create more robots?
8. Why does Domin want to marry Helena?
9. Why does Alquist not want to dissect a robot?
10. What does Alquist say is happening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the plays reception in three different countries including the country the play was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
R.U.R influenced modern literature and in science fiction. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)