|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills Busman?
2. What does Radius say he wishes not to have?
3. Who calls Dr. Gall a liar?
4. Which of the following does Alquist not blame?
5. Who does Helena say she has killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Busman's idea to persuade the robots to allow them to leave safely?
2. Why does Alquist think the factory managers are to blame for what has happened?
3. What does Domin notice about the two boats Ameila and Ultimus?
4. How do Sulla and Marius react to dissection?
5. Why does Alquist call Helena and Primus Adam and Eve?
6. What is R.U.R's ultimate goal?
7. What does Alquist want Radius to do?
8. Why are Primus and Helena closer to humans than the other robots?
9. Why does Nana think Domin should stop producing robots?
10. How does Domin react to Miss Glory lifting her veil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A film version of R.U.R is scheduled to be releases in 2011. Why are the themes and ideas used in the play still relevant over 80 years later? How will the filmmakers have to adapt the themes of the play to fit in with the new environment?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)