|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character enters the scene as Domin reads the notice?
2. What does the newspaper say that people have stopped having?
3. What does Alquist say he is going to do?
4. Who does Radius wish to be master of?
5. What does Hallemeier say means more than the Bible or Homer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Busman's idea to persuade the robots to allow them to leave safely?
2. What does Domin promise to show Helena?
3. What does Alquist say is happening?
4. Why did Helena want Dr. Gall to make the changes to the robots?
5. How does the play begin?
6. What does Helena say is the purpose of her visit?
7. What gifts have Domin and the other managers bought for Helena?
8. How did Rossum's son continue his father's work?
9. What does Dr. Gall report about Radius?
10. What does Alquist realize about Helena and Primus?
Essay Topic 1
R.U.R is famous for having introduced the word robot into popular culture. How has the term and the idea that robots could exist evolved? Why have humans been so fascinated by robots? What part do robots play in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
R.U.R is translated from Czech into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)