|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Domin want to get to?
2. What do Domin, Fabry and Hallemeier carry?
3. What does the whistle usually signify?
4. What kind of scissors does Dr. Gall find?
5. Why did Helena burn the documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with the robots in America?
2. Why does Radius want the formula to create more robots?
3. Why does it not matter if robots put humans out of jobs?
4. What are the first Rossum robots like?
5. Summarize R.U.R
6. What does Hallemeier think about Helena's piano playing?
7. What does Fabry bring back from the mail boat?
8. Why are Primus and Helena closer to humans than the other robots?
9. Why are Domn and the managers encouraged by the sight of the mail boat?
10. Why did Helena want Dr. Gall to make the changes to the robots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way Capek uses other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
A film version of R.U.R is scheduled to be releases in 2011. Why are the themes and ideas used in the play still relevant over 80 years later? How will the filmmakers have to adapt the themes of the play to fit in with the new environment?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)