|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees with Helena's decision to destroy the manuscript?
2. What book does Busman say talks about the pastoral life?
3. What does Helena say Alquist is dressed like?
4. What does Fabry say there is nothing more terrible than?
5. What does Alquist say makes him dizzy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Helena want Dr. Gall to make the changes to the robots?
2. Why are Primus and Helena closer to humans than the other robots?
3. Why does Helena say she burned the Rossum manuscripts?
4. Why does Nana think Domin should stop producing robots?
5. Why does Domin want to marry Helena?
6. What happens immediately after Busman dies?
7. How does the third act end?
8. Why do the factory managers join Domn and Helena in the office?
9. What does Alquist say is happening?
10. How does Domin shock Helena when he calls back Marius and Sulla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play?
Essay Topic 2
R.U.R is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did R.U.R help to set the template for similar plays and works of literature? Do modern novels and plays still use the ideas the author uses in R.U.R?
Essay Topic 3
A film version of R.U.R is scheduled to be releases in 2011. Why are the themes and ideas used in the play still relevant over 80 years later? How will the filmmakers have to adapt the themes of the play to fit in with the new environment?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)