|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Domin say a man does if you give him a stone?
(a) He turn it into a weapon.
(b) He eats it.
(c) He throws it back at you.
(d) He sells it.
2. What does Fabry buy Helena?
(a) German coins.
(b) Greek cameos.
(c) English playing cards.
(d) French makeup.
3. What does the living room window overlook?
(a) The city center.
(b) The sea.
(c) The garden.
(d) The forest.
4. What does Alquist say the whole world has become?
(a) Harry Domin's Paradise.
(b) Hell on Earth.
(c) The Devil's Paradise.
(d) Harry Domin's Sodom.
5. What are the robots trained as?
6. What do the robots say man is on them?
(c) Slave drivers.
7. What does Hallemeier say he is turning into?
(a) A hedonist.
(b) An illusionist.
(c) A masochist.
(d) An alcoholic.
8. What did Domin want mankind to become?
(b) Its own friend.
(c) Its own master.
9. What does Dr. Gall say robots could be an offense against?
(a) Other countries.
(b) International law.
10. What does Helena say the island was making people into?
(b) Hate mongerers.
(d) Sterile flowers.
11. What mistake does Gall say they made in making the robots?
(a) They taught then how to use weapons.
(b) They made them look all the same.
(c) They taught them how to feel.
(d) They gave them big brain.
12. What are the robots unloading from the Amelia?
(b) More robots.
(c) Dead bodies.
13. What is the name of the robot's leader?
14. What is Busman going to use the money for?
(a) To buy his life.
(b) To buy a boat.
(c) To buy a robot.
(d) To buy a gun.
15. What does Nana tell everyone to do?
(a) Get on their knees.
(b) Look out the window.
(c) Jump up and down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alquist thank God for giving him?
2. What do the group decide to sell?
3. Where does Nana say there is war?
4. What does Busman buy Helena for her anniversary?
5. Who agrees with Helena's decision to destroy the manuscript?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)