|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Natalie receive from Terrance Maxwell after taking him to court?
2. Who is Dr. Finch's secretary?
3. What word does Hope come across during her Bible-dip telling Augusten whether or not he should move?
4. What does Dr. Finch encourage his family to do to promote mental health?
5. Whose idea is it for Augusten to fake a suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agnes respond to Dr. Finch's mistresses?
2. How does the Finch family celebrate "World Father's Day"?
3. What is Augusten uncomfortable at school, and what does he do about it?
4. Why does Hope bring Augusten to meet Neil?
5. Why is there a giant hole in the Finch's kitchen ceiling?
6. How does Hope respond to Augusten's desire to move to New York City?
7. After Neil Bookman comes to visit Augusten for a sexual experience involving hair gel, how does Augusten react?
8. What does Augusten walk in on when he visits his mother while he is skipping school?
9. What is Augusten looking forward to doing after his mother leaves for the poetry reading?
10. What is the state of Norman and Deirdre Burroughs' relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The medical practices of Dr. Finch are called into question numerous times throughout the course of the memoir.
Part 1.) Give three examples of times when Dr. Finch's medical practices were questionable.
Part 2.) Explain what you believe to be Dr. Finch's mentality behind those medical practices.
Part 3.) Weigh in on whether or not you believe Dr. Finch's medical practices were ethical, and explain why.
Essay Topic 2
When Augusten first meets the Finch sisters, he is afraid of them. Explain the way that Augusten views the Finch sisters in the beginning of the novel, and then explain the way that his relationship with them changes as the memoir progresses.
Essay Topic 3
The Finch family uses many methods to receive messages from God when they are stressed out about a situation. Compare and contrast the two methods of communication that Hope and Dr. Finch use to speak to God about their troubles, and then explain why you think the Finch family believes that they are in open communication with God about their trivial problems.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)