|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusten want to take from the dump?
2. What bad habit does Augusten pick up, replacing his obsession with jewelry?
3. In what way does Neil Bookman use Augusten's bottle of Queen Helene Cholesterol hair gel?
4. To whom does Augusten admit his homosexuality?
5. What is Troy later diagnosed as having?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agnes respond to Dr. Finch's mistresses?
2. What happens when Troy attempts to teach Augusten about the sound system used by KISS?
3. What is the state of Norman and Deirdre Burroughs' relationship?
4. What is the side room of Dr. Finch's office used for?
5. What does Augusten do while he is skipping school, and what is Dr. Finch's reaction?
6. What happens when Poo Bear walks in on the kids playing with the electroshock machine?
7. What does Augusten walk in on when he visits his mother while he is skipping school?
8. What is Augusten's reaction to meeting Kate Finch?
9. How does the reunification between Augusten and his mother go?
10. How do Augusten's family members react to his admission of his relationship with Neil Bookman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The family that Augusten based the Finches on were outraged at the release of this memoir and sued Augusten for defamation and libel.
Part 1.) Explain a moment in the memoir that you found unbelievable.
Part 2.) Should memoir writers be forced to prove the accuracy of their stories?
Part 3.) Do you believe that memoir writers should get the permission of the people that they are writing about before the memoir is released?
Essay Topic 2
The Finch family uses many methods to receive messages from God when they are stressed out about a situation. Compare and contrast the two methods of communication that Hope and Dr. Finch use to speak to God about their troubles, and then explain why you think the Finch family believes that they are in open communication with God about their trivial problems.
Essay Topic 3
Augusten's biological brother, Troy, makes only one appearance throughout the memoir.
Part 1.) Describe Augusten's encounter with Troy in New York and the realization that Augusten had about his family after it.
Part 2.) Compare and contrast Augusten's relationship with his biological brother Troy to his relationship with his adopted sister Natalie. Which relationship seemed to have a larger effect on Augusten's view of the world? Use examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)