|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the Finch family begin to argue about the disposal of the Christmas tree?
2. Who do Natalie and Augusten rope into performing with them?
(a) Dr. Finch's coworkers.
(b) Dr. Finch's neighbors.
(c) Dr. Finch.
(d) Dr. Finch's patients.
3. Why do the Finch family move their furniture outside?
(a) To get a bit of fresh air.
(b) To clean their carpeting.
(c) Because their house is being exterminated.
(d) For a yard sale.
4. How does Augusten compare as a student to Natalie?
(a) Natalie is a far better student than Augusten.
(b) Augusten and Natalie are equally excellent students.
(c) Augusten and Natalie are equally poor students.
(d) Augusten is a far better student than Natalie.
5. What drug do Natalie and Augusten do before they set out looking for jobs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most skeptical of Hope's mental instability?
2. Who passes Augusten a note that reads "You are nothing but a sex object"?
3. Who believes that Freud, the family cat, is speaking through dreams?
4. Where does Deirdre meet Cesar Mendoza?
5. What does Brenda claim that she wants to be when she grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the consequences of Deirdre taking Cesar home with her from the mental hospital?
2. Halfway through the memoir, the demeanor of the Finch family home begins to change. In what ways is stress affecting the family?
3. How does Augusten react to Hope's sudden onset of mental instability?
4. What does Augusten explain has happened to Dr. Finch and Deirdre in the epilogue?
5. What happens when Natalie loses her earrings in the hotel?
6. What does Natalie inform Augusten of while they are whale watching, and how does she prove her point?
7. What does Augusten witness on the last night before Deirdre is taken away by the police?
8. What does Augusten realize about the places that he has lived in relationship to his hopes and dreams for the future?
9. What messages does Hope claim to be receiving from the cat through her dreams?
10. After Neil Bookman has been gone for over a year, what realization does Augusten come to about their relationship?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)