|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Deirdre dispose of the tree in Augusten's memory?
(a) She eats the needles, one by one.
(b) She lights it on fire.
(c) She pitches it off the balcony.
(d) She chops it into small pieces.
2. What does Neil Bookman tell Augusten that he has gone to buy when he disappears in Chapter 22?
3. What message does Freud supposedly give to the dreamer?
(a) That he is dangerous
(b) That he is hungry.
(c) That he is human.
(d) That he is dying.
4. Which character dies from heart failure?
(b) Dr. Finch.
5. At the end of the chapter entitled "I would dye for you", whose hair does Augusten dye?
(a) His own.
(c) Neil Bookman's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Deirdre's new girlfriend?
2. Why do the Finch family move their furniture outside?
3. What is Natalie's response to the abusive audience member?
4. Now that he is on his own, to what city does Augusten hope to move?
5. What is Winnie Pye's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Augusten react to Hope's sudden onset of mental instability?
2. What messages does Hope claim to be receiving from the cat through her dreams?
3. After Neil Bookman has been gone for over a year, what realization does Augusten come to about their relationship?
4. What does Augusten do after he realizes that Neil Bookman has disappeared?
5. What does Natalie inform Augusten of while they are whale watching, and how does she prove her point?
6. Why do the Finch family still have a Christmas tree in May?
7. Why do Hope Finch and Neil Bookman get into a huge fight about Neil's relationship with Augusten?
8. What happens when Augusten and Natalie go into the city to search for part-time jobs?
9. What does Augusten witness on the last night before Deirdre is taken away by the police?
10. What significant event happens during Natalie and Augusten's first live performance at the mental health hospital?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)