|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augusten divulge that Brenda actually becomes in her adulthood?
(a) An artist.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A masseuse.
(d) A writer.
2. What is Augusten's reaction to Neil Bookman's disappearance?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is terrified.
3. Where does Augusten meet the boy that he is immediately smitten with?
(a) At the movie theater.
(b) At a convenience store.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the ice cream parlor.
4. What is Natalie's response to the abusive audience member?
(a) She curses at him.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She punches him in the groin.
(d) She spits on him.
5. Which character dies from heart failure?
(a) Dr. Finch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Freud supposedly give to the dreamer?
2. What does Natalie steal from her mother's wallet?
3. What color does the dyed hair come out as?
4. How does Augusten compare as a student to Natalie?
5. To what city has Neil Bookman fled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Augusten explain has happened to Dr. Finch and Deirdre in the epilogue?
2. What does Deirdre confess to Augusten that drives a wedge between him and Natalie?
3. What happens when Natalie and Augusten go to visit Father Kimmel in town?
4. What conversation between Agnes and Natalie erupts into a huge fight as the family is watching television?
5. Who is Cesar Mendoza and what does he look like?
6. What are the consequences of Deirdre taking Cesar home with her from the mental hospital?
7. What happens after Deirdre meets Winnie Pye?
8. Why do the Finch family still have a Christmas tree in May?
9. What messages does Hope claim to be receiving from the cat through her dreams?
10. What does Natalie inform Augusten of while they are whale watching, and how does she prove her point?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)