|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is never heard from again?
(a) Dr. Finch.
(b) Neil Bookman.
2. What emotion does Augusten feel after he sees the boy reading his note?
3. At the end of the chapter entitled "I would dye for you", whose hair does Augusten dye?
(a) His own.
(d) Neil Bookman's.
4. What does Natalie lose at the hotel, and suspect that the maid has stolen?
(a) Her driver's license.
(b) Her earrings.
(c) Her hair extensions.
(d) Her diary.
5. What does Natalie say that she would like to study at Smith College?
(a) Psychology and music.
(b) Music and writing.
(c) Music and dance.
(d) Writing and dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous wedding is the Finch family watching on the television?
2. Who do Natalie and Augusten rope into performing with them?
3. What does Brenda claim that she wants to be when she grows up?
4. Who believes that Freud, the family cat, is speaking through dreams?
5. How tall was the Douglas Fir that Deirdre purchased when Augusten was 10 years old?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Brenda comes to visit the Finch family?
2. What happens after Augusten becomes smitten with the boy from the convenience store?
3. What happens to the rest of the Finch family in the epilogue?
4. What happens after Deirdre meets Winnie Pye?
5. What does Augusten remember about the Christmas tree that his mother brought home when Augusten was 10?
6. Who is Cesar Mendoza and what does he look like?
7. What does Natalie inform Augusten of while they are whale watching, and how does she prove her point?
8. What disturbing behavior does Augusten witness from his mother during their stay in Rhode Island?
9. What happens when Augusten sets out to dye Neil Bookman's hair?
10. What does Augusten explain has happened to Dr. Finch and Deirdre in the epilogue?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)