|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Deirdre be staying while Augusten is at Dr. Finch's?
(a) At her mother's.
(b) In a motel.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In her home.
2. Why does Hope "Bible-dip"?
(a) To deepen her spirituality.
(b) To clean the pages of the Bible.
(c) To broaden her vocabulary.
(d) To answer her questions.
3. Who is Dr. Finch's secretary?
(a) Agnes Finch.
(b) Natalie Finch.
(c) Fern Stewart.
(d) Hope Finch.
4. Into what does Deirdre recite her poetry?
(a) A hairbrush.
(b) A television remote control.
(c) A tape recorder.
(d) An unplugged microphone.
5. To whom does Augusten admit his homosexuality?
(d) Dr. Finch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hope say she isn't married yet?
2. What bad habit does Augusten pick up, replacing his obsession with jewelry?
3. What is Troy later diagnosed as having?
4. Where, in the small room connected to Dr. Finch's office, is that sleeping person lying?
5. What word does Hope come across during her Bible-dip telling Augusten whether or not he should move?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Finch family celebrate "World Father's Day"?
2. How does Augusten get out of school after he is discouraged by another classmate?
3. What is the side room of Dr. Finch's office used for?
4. What happens in the scene in which Augusten's mother is dressing for the poetry reading?
5. What does Augusten become obsessed with, relating to his future employment aspirations?
6. Why does Augusten view Troy's autism as a positive element in his life?
7. What happens in the event leading up to the Burroughs starting marital counseling?
8. Why is there a giant hole in the Finch's kitchen ceiling?
9. How does Hope respond to Augusten's desire to move to New York City?
10. Why does Hope bring Augusten to meet Neil?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)