|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Augusten have an unnatural admiration for?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His teacher.
2. Through what does Dr. Finch believe that he is communicating with God?
(a) His bowel movements.
(b) The shape of his stream of urine.
(c) The way that the toilet paper floats in the toilet water.
(d) The dirty streaks in the toilet bowl.
3. Whose idea is it for Augusten to fake a suicide?
(b) Dr. Finch's.
(c) Neil Bookman's.
4. In what way does Neil Bookman use Augusten's bottle of Queen Helene Cholesterol hair gel?
(a) As a cleaning agent.
(b) As a styling product.
(c) As a lubricant.
(d) As a cooking supply.
5. What is the name of Dr. Finch's grandson?
(b) Poo Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Augusten watching his mother do in the opening of the novel?
2. How long does Augusten confess that he has felt gay for?
3. What is Augusten's mother's name?
4. What bad habit does Augusten pick up, replacing his obsession with jewelry?
5. From where does Augusten steal the window for the kitchen skylight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Troy attempts to teach Augusten about the sound system used by KISS?
2. Why is there a giant hole in the Finch's kitchen ceiling?
3. How do Augusten's family members react to his admission of his relationship with Neil Bookman?
4. What is the state of Norman and Deirdre Burroughs' relationship?
5. What does Augusten do while he is skipping school, and what is Dr. Finch's reaction?
6. How does Augusten cope with the stress at home?
7. How does Hope respond to Augusten's desire to move to New York City?
8. How does Dr. Finch treat Augusten and his sexuality?
9. What happens when Poo Bear walks in on the kids playing with the electroshock machine?
10. Why does Hope bring Augusten to meet Neil?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)