|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which the Burroughs family lives?
2. What is Augusten's reaction to the meeting with Neil Bookman?
(a) He is euphoric.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is saddened.
3. Through what does Dr. Finch believe that he is communicating with God?
(a) The way that the toilet paper floats in the toilet water.
(b) The dirty streaks in the toilet bowl.
(c) His bowel movements.
(d) The shape of his stream of urine.
4. Why does Hope "Bible-dip"?
(a) To broaden her vocabulary.
(b) To deepen her spirituality.
(c) To answer her questions.
(d) To clean the pages of the Bible.
5. What does Fern Stewart's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a minister.
(c) He is a fireman.
(d) He is a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where, in the small room connected to Dr. Finch's office, is that sleeping person lying?
2. What does Augusten play with while his mother is in therapy?
3. What does Dr. Finch's grandson do under the grand piano?
4. In relationship with Dr. Finch, who is Kate?
5. What is the name of Dr. Finch's grandson?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Neil Bookman comes to visit Augusten for a sexual experience involving hair gel, how does Augusten react?
2. Who is Joranne, and what is her condition when Augusten meets her?
3. Why has Natalie moved back home with her parents?
4. How does Dr. Finch treat Augusten and his sexuality?
5. What does Augusten do while he is skipping school, and what is Dr. Finch's reaction?
6. How does Augusten describe his parents at the opening of the novel?
7. What is "Bible-dipping'?
8. How do Augusten's family members react to his admission of his relationship with Neil Bookman?
9. What does Augusten walk in on when he visits his mother while he is skipping school?
10. What is Augusten uncomfortable at school, and what does he do about it?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)