|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: The 7 & ? Inch Disaster.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Augusten's father described?
(a) As aloof.
(b) As obese.
(c) As comedic.
(d) As excitable.
2. How does Deirdre react to Augusten's relationship with Neil Bookman?
(a) She is apathetic to it.
(b) She is outraged by it.
(c) She is disgusted by it.
(d) She supports it.
3. Why does Augusten want to commit suicide?
(a) To get out of school.
(b) To get the attention of Dr. Finch.
(c) To try to get on the news.
(d) To make his mother miss him.
4. What is Augusten's mother always immersed in?
(a) Her housework.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her work.
(d) Her marriage.
5. What is interesting about the clothing that Augusten's roommate in the mental ward wears?
(a) He dresses for the wrong weather seasons.
(b) He dresses as a woman.
(c) He doesn't wear clothes.
(d) He dresses as a young boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Deirdre dream of one day being published?
2. What keeps Augusten from wanting to attend classes?
3. What does Troy call Augusten after he fails to understand the complex sound system?
4. What is Augusten watching his mother do in the opening of the novel?
5. What type of accent does Augusten's mother have?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)