|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can happen to a casino executive who is caught consorting with felons and persons of ill repute?
2. Anthony Castelbuono agreed to launder drug money and street cash of $5s, $10s and $20s into _______________.
3. Who did Wynn accompany to the Las Vegas office of the Federal Parole and Probation Department?
4. The lobby of the hotel in #95 featured a four-story _______________.
5. Which superstar took up residence in one of the Villas at the Mirage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wynn incorporate his fascination with dolphins into the Mirage?
2. Who was Anthony "Tony Cakes" Castelbuono and what agreement did he make to get back into the good graces of his Sicilian contacts?
3. Who was Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno?
4. Who was John Moran and what was the source of Wynn's battles with him?
5. How was Meyerson a mixed blessing to Wynn's Atlantic City business?
6. What comprised Harris' compensation package?
7. Who were some of the celebrities Wynn used in marketing campaigns for The Mirage?
8. What was the nature of Atlantic City in 1977 when gambling was legalized?
9. How much did The Mirage make in winnings in its best month?
10. What was the Federal government determined to prove about Wynn's Atlantic City Golden Nugget business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve Wynn was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Wynn's life through this book, what were his biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did he manage through them? How did his coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of his life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Steve Wynn. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
Essay Topic 3
Steve Wynn seems like a man leading a charmed life. What did he appreciate most about his life? What did he not like that he had to deal with in his life? How can Wynn best be described by his colleagues? Would his employees differ in their descriptions of him? Explain.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)