|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wynn bought a hotel in the city in #126 for how much?
2. Who was the junk bond genius who became Wynn's friend and financier?
3. What happened hourly at Wynn's Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas?
4. To what did Anthony Castelbuono attribute his personal and professional downfall?
5. In which of the following did the Mafia NOT play a part in revitalizing Atlantic City?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were some of the celebrities Wynn used in marketing campaigns for The Mirage?
2. Why was Wynn unable to establish a casino business in London?
3. How did mob presence increase with the revitalization of Atlantic City?
4. What was the Federal government determined to prove about Wynn's Atlantic City Golden Nugget business?
5. What was Milken's strategy in helping Wynn succeed in Las Vegas?
6. Who was Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno?
7. What awakened Wynn's interest in Atlantic City in the late 1970s?
8. Who was John Moran and what was the source of Wynn's battles with him?
9. What comprised Harris' compensation package?
10. What was Wynn's first purchase in Atlantic City and what did he build in its place soon afterward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it RUNNING SCARED? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of struggling with personal identity was an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Steve Wynn. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)