|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the junk bond genius who became Wynn's friend and financier?
2. Which celebrity became a friend and marketing asset to Wynn?
3. Who did Wynn accompany to the Las Vegas office of the Federal Parole and Probation Department?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Atlantic City at the time gambling was legalized?
5. Which organization investigated Wynn in 1983?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John Moran and what was the source of Wynn's battles with him?
2. How was Mel Harris like so many other of Wynn's appointed executives?
3. How was Meyerson a mixed blessing to Wynn's Atlantic City business?
4. What were Wynn's personal obsessions?
5. What was Milken's strategy in helping Wynn succeed in Las Vegas?
6. How much did The Mirage make in winnings in its best month?
7. What was the nature of Atlantic City in 1977 when gambling was legalized?
8. What was Shadow Creek Golf Club and why were Wynn's stockholders not in favor of it?
9. Why was Wynn unable to establish a casino business in London?
10. Who were some of the celebrities Wynn used in marketing campaigns for The Mirage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From what you can glean from the author's descriptions, create a brief character study of Michael Milken. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? Why did he and Wynn become such good friends?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Steve Wynn. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno. What were his physical characteristics? What were his motivations? What were his fears? What were his dreams? What else can you say about Fat Tony?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)