|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Wynn's father when he died?
2. Wynn had men in high positions in his organization who had no gaming industry experience and he claimed that they were what?
3. Wynn had a never-ending fascination with _____________________.
4. What kind of business did Wynn's father have set up in seven states?
5. The hotel was being destroyed for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the authorities typically not arrest anyone for operating bingo halls or playing bingo?
2. What were the Las Vegas dreams of Wynn's father, Mike?
3. Why did Wynn make the decision to renovate the Golden Nugget?
4. What lasting impact did Mike Wynn have on his son, Steve?
5. Why did Steve Wynn have footage of the Dunes destruction filmed?
6. What work did Wynn do for Cassandra Limited promoter-director Matt Gregory and what was the speculation about Wynn's income vs. the salary he received?
7. How did Wynn try to protect Cappiello in spite of Capiello's murder of Joseph Conlan?
8. How was Wynn able to purchase the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas when E. Parry Thomas was unable to do so?
9. What did the destruction of the Dunes signify for Steve Wynn and for Las Vegas as a whole?
10. What did a spectator at the Dunes' destruction compare it to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of struggling with personal identity was an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
Who was Frank Sinatra? What was his relationship with Steve Wynn? What personality traits did they share? How were they different? How did they utilize each other's strengths to expand their businesses?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the author captured regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)