|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wynn go to business school?
2. What happened hourly at Wynn's Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas?
(a) A water fountain show.
(b) A dolphin show.
(c) A pirate show.
(d) A laser light show.
3. What soon became the new mascot of the Mirage?
4. What was Anthony Castelbuono's mob nickname?
(a) Tony Clams.
(b) Tony Cakes.
(c) Tony Bony.
(d) Tony Crabs.
5. Who became Wynn's personal aide?
(a) Ron Tucky.
(b) Rick Talon.
(c) Ramon Terhune.
(d) Roger Talbert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organized crime family was NOT a presence in Atlantic City?
2. Who kidnapped Wynn's daughter, Kevyn?
3. What can happen to a casino executive who is caught consorting with felons and persons of ill repute?
4. Fat Tony was convicted of corruption and sentenced to ______________ in prison.
5. Charlie Meyerson would have his wife tell people that he was a __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were some of the celebrities Wynn used in marketing campaigns for The Mirage?
2. What comprised Harris' compensation package?
3. What was the purpose of legalizing gambling in Atlantic City and what fears did the Governor of New Jersey have related to it?
4. What were Wynn's personal obsessions?
5. How was Mel Harris like so many other of Wynn's appointed executives?
6. Who is Michael Milken and what role did he play in Wynn's Las Vegas world?
7. How did mob presence increase with the revitalization of Atlantic City?
8. Who was Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno?
9. How was Meyerson a mixed blessing to Wynn's Atlantic City business?
10. Who was Mel Harris and what were his mob connections?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)