|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which performance act was a legendary success at the Mirage Hotel?
(a) Siegfried and Roy.
(b) Wayne Newton.
(c) Celine Dion.
(d) Danny Gans.
2. What did the governor of New Jersey fear would happen to Atlantic City after gambling was legalized?
(a) The state would lose Federal funding.
(b) Tourism would drop.
(c) Schools would lose funding.
(d) It would attract members of crime families.
3. What did Wynn wear to his first meeting in Atlantic City?
(a) Swim suit.
(b) Willie Nelson t-shirt.
(c) Polo shirt.
4. Why did Anthony Castelbuono need to launder drug money?
(a) To move his business to South America.
(b) To avoid an IRS audit.
(c) To get back in the good graces of his Sicilian contacts.
(d) To open a Las Vegas casino.
5. Who was the broadcast journalist who interviewed Wynn about his businesses?
(a) Katie Couric.
(b) Meredith Viera.
(c) Dan Rather.
(d) Diane Sawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Anthony Castelbuono attribute his personal and professional downfall?
2. What was the amount of the fine the man in #134 had to pay in addition to serving twenty-two months in prison?
3. Wynn's gaming license in Europe was denied because of __________________.
4. What does the author refer to Donald and Ivana Trump as?
5. Which other high profile casino owner pulled operations out of London when London was acting unfavorably toward American businesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of legalizing gambling in Atlantic City and what fears did the Governor of New Jersey have related to it?
2. Who was Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno?
3. Who was Anthony "Tony Cakes" Castelbuono and what agreement did he make to get back into the good graces of his Sicilian contacts?
4. What was the Federal government determined to prove about Wynn's Atlantic City Golden Nugget business?
5. What did Wynn wear on his first visit to Atlantic City and what was the strategy behind his choice?
6. Who were some of the celebrities Wynn used in marketing campaigns for The Mirage?
7. What was Wynn's first purchase in Atlantic City and what did he build in its place soon afterward?
8. Who was John Moran and what was the source of Wynn's battles with him?
9. What was the nature of Atlantic City in 1977 when gambling was legalized?
10. What was Milken's strategy in helping Wynn succeed in Las Vegas?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)