|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the high rollers suite at the Mirage dedicated to those with a minimum credit line of $1 million?
(a) Salon Prive.
(b) Salon Elegante.
(c) Salon Absolu.
(d) Salon Royale.
2. Wynn referred to the federal prison experience of the man in #134 as what?
(a) Hell on earth.
(b) A romp in the park.
(c) A hiccup in the resume.
(d) Being away at camp.
3. What did the state of New Jersey think would help revitalize Atlantic City?
4. Five weeks after the Mirage opened, its casino had set record profits for a single month in the amount of ______________.
(a) $100 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $40 million.
(d) $1 million.
5. Harris received temporary approval of licensure from the Casino Control Commission for _____________ pending a background check.
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author refer to Donald and Ivana Trump as?
2. Charlie Meyerson was a ________________ mogul in New York City.
3. What was Anthony Castelbuono's mob nickname?
4. Which other high profile casino owner pulled operations out of London when London was acting unfavorably toward American businesses?
5. Wynn hoped to improve his corporation's overseas image by asking for the resignation of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Shadow Creek Golf Club and why were Wynn's stockholders not in favor of it?
2. How was Meyerson a mixed blessing to Wynn's Atlantic City business?
3. Why was Wynn unable to establish a casino business in London?
4. Who was Charlie Meyerson?
5. How was Mel Harris like so many other of Wynn's appointed executives?
6. What was the nature of Atlantic City in 1977 when gambling was legalized?
7. What did Wynn wear on his first visit to Atlantic City and what was the strategy behind his choice?
8. What was the purpose of legalizing gambling in Atlantic City and what fears did the Governor of New Jersey have related to it?
9. What were Wynn's personal obsessions?
10. What comprised Harris' compensation package?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)