|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what company was E. Parry Thomas working when he was sent to Las Vegas?
(a) Coldwell Banker.
(b) Cardinal Healthcare.
(c) Continental Bank.
(d) Bank of America.
2. In what year did the Teamsters president disappear?
3. Of what did Matthew Gregory put Wynn in charge for his company?
(a) Lounge shows.
4. Wynn's father was in the _________________ business.
(a) Bingo hall.
5. From whom did Wynn's father often borrow money to pay his debts?
(a) Frank Goldman.
(b) Frank Lucchese.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Frank Luciano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Wynn's father not end up opening a bingo parlor in Las Vegas?
2. Wynn wanted to move Las Vegas away from its mob image to a ________________ image.
3. Who was Wynn's mother?
4. What brand of sausage did Wynn demand was used at the Golden Nugget due to Wynn's affiliation with Louis Cappiello?
5. Wynn has been called the Great Casino Salesman, the Vegas King and ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Las Vegas like when Wynn started going there in the 1950s?
2. What did the destruction of the Dunes signify for Steve Wynn and for Las Vegas as a whole?
3. What do Las Vegas newspaper readers perennially vote Steve Wynn as?
4. With what disease was Wynn diagnosed and what impact did it have on his personality and business?
5. Why did Steve Wynn have footage of the Dunes destruction filmed?
6. What had the Dunes signified in Las Vegas?
7. How did Wynn try to protect Cappiello in spite of Capiello's murder of Joseph Conlan?
8. What lasting impact did Mike Wynn have on his son, Steve?
9. In spite of his efforts to destroy the image of a mob-ruled Las Vegas, what impact does the mob have on him?
10. When was the Dunes Hotel and Casino and Las Vegas destroyed?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)