|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wynn's first purchase into a Las Vegas hotel was a three percent share in __________________.
(a) The Stardust.
(b) The Frontier.
(c) The Flamingo.
(d) Caesar's Palace.
2. Wynn has claimed that he would give up everything in order to _____________________.
(a) Have a son.
(b) Spend fifteen minutes with his father.
(c) Become an astronaut.
(d) Improve his mother's health.
3. Which famous Las Vegas hotel was being destroyed in the Prologue of the book?
(a) The Flamingo.
(b) Dunes Hotel and Casino.
(c) MGM Grand.
(d) Mandalay Bay.
4. What was the cost of the hotel's destruction?
(a) $3 million.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $1.5 million.
(d) $7.5 million.
5. At which hotel did Wynn begin his Las Vegas career?
(a) Caesar's Palace.
(b) The Frontier.
(c) The Stardust.
(d) The Flamingo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the president of the Teamsters in 1964?
2. Jerome Zarowitz was a member of which organized crime family?
3. What epitaph did Wynn suggest for himself?
4. On what day did the hotel destruction occur?
5. The Frontier Hotel was built _____________ years before Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo Hotel.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Las Vegas trying to change its image in the early 1990s?
2. How did Wynn try to protect Cappiello in spite of Capiello's murder of Joseph Conlan?
3. When was the Dunes Hotel and Casino and Las Vegas destroyed?
4. What did a spectator at the Dunes' destruction compare it to?
5. Why did Steve Wynn have footage of the Dunes destruction filmed?
6. With what event does the author begin the Prologue of the book?
7. Who were some of the big name players in 1950s Las Vegas and why did Mike Wynn eventually give up his dream of doing business there?
8. When did Steve Wynn enter the Las Vegas casino market?
9. What were the Las Vegas dreams of Wynn's father, Mike?
10. How much did Wynn spend on fireworks for the Dunes destruction and what did the event eventually buy for him?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)