|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Wynn first visit Las Vegas?
2. With what disease was Wynn diagnosed?
(c) Retinitis Pigmentosa.
(d) Diabetes Mellitus.
3. Which of the following did Wynn's parents NOT want him to be?
(d) Fighter pilot.
4. What hotel and casino did Wynn build in Atlantic City?
(b) Taj Mahal.
(c) The Golden Nugget.
5. Of what did Matthew Gregory put Wynn in charge for his company?
(a) Lounge shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Las Vegas hotel was being destroyed in the Prologue of the book?
2. In what year did Wynn enter the Las Vegas casino market?
3. What was the official name of the Frontier Hotel?
4. To a young Steve Wynn, Las Vegas was like _________________.
5. Wynn has claimed that he would give up everything in order to _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When did young Steve Wynn first visit Las Vegas and what were his impressions?
2. What work did Wynn do for Cassandra Limited promoter-director Matt Gregory and what was the speculation about Wynn's income vs. the salary he received?
3. Why did Wynn make the decision to renovate the Golden Nugget?
4. What had the Dunes signified in Las Vegas?
5. Who were some of the big name players in 1950s Las Vegas and why did Mike Wynn eventually give up his dream of doing business there?
6. In spite of his efforts to destroy the image of a mob-ruled Las Vegas, what impact does the mob have on him?
7. Why did Steve Wynn have footage of the Dunes destruction filmed?
8. What were the circumstances of Mike Wynn's untimely death?
9. Why did the authorities typically not arrest anyone for operating bingo halls or playing bingo?
10. How did Wynn try to protect Cappiello in spite of Capiello's murder of Joseph Conlan?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)