|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wynn considered Charlie Meyerson to be like a _________________.
(a) Favorite uncle.
(c) Father figure.
2. What does the author refer to Donald and Ivana Trump as?
(b) Pond scum.
(c) Faux royalty.
3. Which performance act was a legendary success at the Mirage Hotel?
(a) Wayne Newton.
(b) Danny Gans.
(c) Celine Dion.
(d) Siegfried and Roy.
4. Where did Wynn eventually send Meyerson to work?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) Lake Tahoe.
5. How were high roller customers transported from New York City to the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City?
(b) Shuttle bus.
6. Harris received temporary approval of licensure from the Casino Control Commission for _____________ pending a background check.
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
7. Which of the following celebrities was NOT a part of marketing campaigns for the Mirage?
(a) Kenny Rogers.
(b) James Taylor.
(c) Diana Ross.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
8. What hotel did Wynn build after he razed the hotel in #94?
(b) Golden Nugget.
(d) Aladdin's Lamp.
9. Wynn's inner office at the Golden Nugget was outfitted with remote-control locks and _________________.
(a) A panic room.
(b) A metal detector.
(c) Hidden cameras.
(d) Security monitors.
10. Which of the following was NOT part of a penthouse suite at the Atlantic City Golden Nugget?
(b) Green marble commode.
(c) Opium den.
11. Where did Wynn go to business school?
12. What was the name of the 320-acre golf course Wynn had built in the desert?
(a) Steve Wynn's Golf Club.
(b) Twelve Oaks Golf Club.
(c) Shady Pines Golf Club.
(d) Shadow Creek Golf Club.
13. Five weeks after the Mirage opened, its casino had set record profits for a single month in the amount of ______________.
(a) $1 million.
(b) $40 million.
(c) $5 million.
(d) $100 million.
14. Who was John Moran?
(a) Las Vegas sheriff.
(b) Fat Tony's son-in-law.
(c) Wynn's stepson.
(d) Milken's banker.
15. What was the amount of the fine the man in #134 had to pay in addition to serving twenty-two months in prison?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $25 million.
(d) $1 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the governor of New Jersey when gambling was legalized in Atlantic City?
2. Which other high profile casino owner pulled operations out of London when London was acting unfavorably toward American businesses?
3. Wynn was called to testify in front of the _______________________ regarding the Anthony Castelbuono money laundering event.
4. The kidnapper was apprehended when _______________________.
5. In what year was Mel Harris named to the Board of Directors of Wynn's Las Vegas corporation?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)