|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author compares Wynn's relationship with ______________ as two squabbling toddlers.
(a) P. Diddy.
(b) Alec Baldwin.
(c) Donald Trump.
(d) Kenny Rogers.
2. Which of the following celebrities was NOT a part of marketing campaigns for the Mirage?
(a) Kenny Rogers.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Diana Ross.
(d) James Taylor.
3. Wynn considered Charlie Meyerson to be like a _________________.
(a) Favorite uncle.
(d) Father figure.
4. What was Vincent Cafaro's mob nickname?
(a) No Knees.
(b) The Fish.
(d) Four Eyes.
5. How were high roller customers transported from New York City to the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City?
(b) Shuttle bus.
6. Wynn hoped to improve his corporation's overseas image by asking for the resignation of whom?
(a) Dale Zabrinski.
(b) David Zenoff.
(c) Darren Zurich.
(d) Dean Zack.
7. Wynn was known for his ____________ as much as his business acumen.
(c) Writing skills.
8. Meyerson was tied to Genovese family member __________________.
(a) Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno.
(b) Anthony "Two Times" Salerno.
(c) Anthony "Four Eyes" Salerno.
(d) Anthony "The Chin" Salerno.
9. It has been said that Wynn had the wisdom of Solomon and the showmanship of whom?
(b) P.T. Barnum.
(c) Tina Turner.
(d) Elvis Presley.
10. What was the name of the 320-acre golf course Wynn had built in the desert?
(a) Shadow Creek Golf Club.
(b) Steve Wynn's Golf Club.
(c) Shady Pines Golf Club.
(d) Twelve Oaks Golf Club.
11. In the early 1980s, Atlantic City gained a reputation as a _______________________.
(a) Mafia laundromat of illicit cash.
(b) Prostitution epicenter.
(c) Den of iniquity.
(d) Family tourist attraction.
12. Who did Wynn accompany to the Las Vegas office of the Federal Parole and Probation Department?
(a) Donald Trump.
(b) Michael Milken.
(c) Mel Harris.
(d) Bernie Madoff.
13. Many of the customers whom Meyerson shipped to the Golden Nugget were ________________.
(a) City officials.
14. Who was the German entrepreneur doing business in Florida who became Wynn's new partner?
(a) Allen Schmidt.
(b) Richard Bern.
(c) Ken Overholser.
(d) Thomas Kramer.
15. Which superstar took up residence in one of the Villas at the Mirage?
(a) Kenny Rogers.
(b) Paul Anka.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Andy Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Anthony Castelbuono attribute his personal and professional downfall?
2. Why did Anthony Castelbuono need to launder drug money?
3. Wynn was called to testify in front of the _______________________ regarding the Anthony Castelbuono money laundering event.
4. Which performance act was a legendary success at the Mirage Hotel?
5. Wynn bought a hotel in the city in #126 for how much?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)