|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author compares Wynn's relationship with ______________ as two squabbling toddlers.
(a) Donald Trump.
(b) P. Diddy.
(c) Alec Baldwin.
(d) Kenny Rogers.
2. Which other high profile casino owner pulled operations out of London when London was acting unfavorably toward American businesses?
(a) Paul Anka.
(b) Donald Trump.
(c) Larry King.
(d) Hugh Hefner.
3. What soon became the new mascot of the Mirage?
4. Meyerson was tied to Genovese family member __________________.
(a) Anthony "Four Eyes" Salerno.
(b) Anthony "The Chin" Salerno.
(c) Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno.
(d) Anthony "Two Times" Salerno.
5. Wynn's inner office at the Golden Nugget was outfitted with remote-control locks and _________________.
(a) A metal detector.
(b) Hidden cameras.
(c) Security monitors.
(d) A panic room.
6. What was Vincent Cafaro's mob nickname?
(b) The Fish.
(c) Four Eyes.
(d) No Knees.
7. Charlie Meyerson was a ________________ mogul in New York City.
(a) Parking lot.
(d) Garment industry.
8. Wynn considered Charlie Meyerson to be like a _________________.
(a) Father figure.
(b) Favorite uncle.
9. What was the name of the 320-acre golf course Wynn had built in the desert?
(a) Shadow Creek Golf Club.
(b) Steve Wynn's Golf Club.
(c) Twelve Oaks Golf Club.
(d) Shady Pines Golf Club.
10. Which of the following was NOT part of a penthouse suite at the Atlantic City Golden Nugget?
(c) Green marble commode.
(d) Opium den.
11. What did Wynn wear to his first meeting in Atlantic City?
(b) Polo shirt.
(c) Swim suit.
(d) Willie Nelson t-shirt.
12. Which celebrity became a friend and marketing asset to Wynn?
(a) Peter Lawford.
(b) Dean Martin.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Sammy Davis Jr.
13. Which organized crime family was NOT a presence in Atlantic City?
14. Harris received temporary approval of licensure from the Casino Control Commission for _____________ pending a background check.
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
15. What happened hourly at Wynn's Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas?
(a) A pirate show.
(b) A laser light show.
(c) A dolphin show.
(d) A water fountain show.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lobby of the hotel in #95 featured a four-story _______________.
2. To what did Anthony Castelbuono attribute his personal and professional downfall?
3. What does the author refer to Donald and Ivana Trump as?
4. Which superstar took up residence in one of the Villas at the Mirage?
5. Many people outside the mob were unaware that it was ______________ who was the real head of the Genovese family.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)