|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue - Pirates in the Desert.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new hotel was intended to take the place of the one being destroyed?
(a) The Bellagio.
(c) Treasure Island.
2. How many spectators gathered to watch the destruction of the hotel?
3. The implosion of the hotel was compared to ________________.
(a) World War II.
(b) A Hollywood movie.
(d) A bad dream.
4. How much did Wynn spend in fireworks to cap off the hotel implosion?
(a) $1 million.
(d) $5 million.
5. Who was the Chairman of the Mirage Resorts?
(a) Steve Wynn.
(b) Wayne Newton.
(c) Donald Trump.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the infomercial which would include footage of the hotel's destruction?
2. What is La Cosa Nostra?
3. What kind of business did Wynn's father have set up in seven states?
4. Wynn wanted to move Las Vegas away from its mob image to a ________________ image.
5. Which securities wizard helped Wynn establish the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City and the Mirage in Las Vegas?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)