|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new hotel was intended to take the place of the one being destroyed?
(a) Treasure Island.
(c) The Bellagio.
2. To a young Steve Wynn, Las Vegas was like _________________.
(a) The frontier.
(b) A pirate story.
(d) Outer space.
3. The hotel was being destroyed for what reason?
(a) The city needed the space for parking.
(b) It had too much structural damage and was no longer safe.
(c) To erase the memory of mob-related activities.
(d) It was too outdated to renovate.
4. What was Steve Wynn voted most often by Las Vegas newspaper readers?
(a) The best personality in Las Vegas.
(b) The best hotelier in Las Vegas.
(c) The most interesting Las Vegan.
(d) The most handsome Las Vegan.
5. What epitaph did Wynn suggest for himself?
(a) Running Scared, Straight Ahead.
(b) Running Wild and Untamed.
(c) Running Fast, Running Scared.
(d) Running Free and Easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to an indictment of an associate, Wynn was unable to buy a piece of real estate before it was sold to famous recluse ____________________.
2. The lobby of the hotel in #95 featured a four-story _______________.
3. What did the state of New Jersey think would help revitalize Atlantic City?
4. By the time he was thirty, Wynn was being referred to as a Las Vegas _________________.
5. It has been said that Wynn had the wisdom of Solomon and the showmanship of whom?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)