Prologue - Pirates in the Desert
1. Which famous Las Vegas hotel was being destroyed in the Prologue of the book?
(a) The Flamingo.
(b) MGM Grand.
(c) Mandalay Bay.
(d) Dunes Hotel and Casino.
2. On what day did the hotel destruction occur?
(a) June 25, 1987.
(b) September 15, 1999.
(c) October 27, 1993.
(d) April 19, 1981.
3. How many spectators gathered to watch the destruction of the hotel?
4. What new hotel was intended to take the place of the one being destroyed?
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) The Bellagio.
5. The new hotel would be located next to which hotel?
(b) The Imperial Palace.
(c) The Mirage.
(d) New York, New York.
6. Who was the Chairman of the Mirage Resorts?
(a) Wayne Newton.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Donald Trump.
(d) Steve Wynn.
7. How many stories were in the destroyed hotel?
8. The hotel was being destroyed for what reason?
(a) It had too much structural damage and was no longer safe.
(b) It was too outdated to renovate.
(c) The city needed the space for parking.
(d) To erase the memory of mob-related activities.
This section contains 3,425 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)