|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jessie worry about calling Mr. Neely in Chapter 13?
(a) She doesn't know who Mr. Neely is.
(b) She is confused about what to say.
(c) She is afraid his number has changed.
(d) She doesn't know what a phone looks like.
2. What does the old woman on the bus tell Jessie that is helpful?
(a) How to look up phone numbers.
(b) How to use an ATM.
(c) How to navigate a bus system.
(d) How to find the police station.
3. In Chapter 22, where does Katie say the children from Clifton are?
(a) Back at Clifton.
(b) With the government.
(c) At modern schools.
(d) The hospital.
4. In Chapter 23, what do Frank Lyle and Miles Clifton warn people about?
(a) Closing Clifton.
(b) Super germs.
(d) Invading animals.
5. In Chapter 22, who does Katie say she has not yet seen?
(b) Hannah and Andrew.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Mr. Neely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie feel when she first sees Mr. Neely's apartment?
2. Who does Katie say helped the police break into the school house?
3. Why does the woman at the State Health Department hang up on Jessie the first time she calls?
4. What does Jessie do when she sees a $20 bill in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 21, what does Jessie overhear a cameraman ask?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jessie name the presidents in Chapter 21?
2. How does Jessie get out of the bread truck?
3. In Chapter 15, how does Jessie feel about her escape from Clifton?
4. After first leaving Clifton, what things does Jessie question about money?
5. What makes Jessie comfortable with Mr. Neely when she first meets him?
6. What does Katie tell Jessie about the children of Clifton in Chapter 22?
7. How does Jessie feel when she meets Ray?
8. What does Jessie tell Mr. Neely when she is finally able to call him?
9. Why does Jessie think of her cat after jumping out of a window?
10. What happens in Chapter 18 when Mr. Neely invites his friends over?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)