|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jessie feel when she first sees Mr. Neely's apartment?
2. When Jessie wakes up in Chapter 22, who does she first ask for?
(a) Mr. Neely.
(b) The Health Department.
(c) Her family.
(d) The reporters.
3. How does Jessie bump her head in Chapter 18?
(a) Tripping in the bathroom.
(b) Climbing through a window.
(c) She is hit by Mr. Neely.
(d) Running back to her bed.
4. While escaping Mr. Neely's apartment in Chapter 19, who does Jessie think of to inspire her to be brave?
(a) The president.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. Why does Jessie worry about calling Mr. Neely in Chapter 13?
(a) She is afraid his number has changed.
(b) She is confused about what to say.
(c) She doesn't know who Mr. Neely is.
(d) She doesn't know what a phone looks like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old woman on the bus tell Jessie that is helpful?
2. In Chapter 18, what does Jessie overhear Mr. Neely say will continue?
3. What does Jessie do after speaking with Ray?
4. How does Jessie know she isn't dreaming in Chapter 19?
5. What comforts Jessie in Chapter 13 as she walks along the highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, how does Jessie feel about her escape from Clifton?
2. What does Jessie learn in Chapter 22 about the Board of Health?
3. What does Katie tell Jessie about the children of Clifton in Chapter 22?
4. Why does Jessie name the presidents in Chapter 21?
5. Why is Jessie so angry at the end of Chapter 23?
6. In Chapters 17 and 18, what does Jessie overhear Mr. Neely say on the phone?
7. What does Jessie tell Mr. Neely when she is finally able to call him?
8. What makes Jessie comfortable with Mr. Neely when she first meets him?
9. What happens the first time Jessie uses a phone?
10. What happens in Chapter 18 when Mr. Neely invites his friends over?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)