|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jessie not lie down in bed in Chapter 17?
(a) She thinks the modern bed is uncomfortable.
(b) She is too awake to sleep.
(c) There isn't a bed in her room.
(d) She wants to hear Mr. Neely on the phone.
2. What does the old woman on the bus tell Jessie that is helpful?
(a) How to look up phone numbers.
(b) How to find the police station.
(c) How to use an ATM.
(d) How to navigate a bus system.
3. After Jessie's news conference, who do the reporters call?
(a) Mr. Neely.
(b) The Health Department.
(c) Other reporters.
(d) The hospital.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 20, after jumping from the window, what does Jessie think of?
(a) Her dog running.
(b) Her cat hunting.
(c) A mouse hiding.
(d) A bird flying.
5. In Chapter 18, why is Mr. Neely so comfortable having people over when Jessie is at his apartment?
(a) He isn't comfortable.
(b) He wants to introduce her.
(c) He thinks she is drugged.
(d) He has her room locked.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie feel when she wakes up in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Jessie worry about calling Mr. Neely in Chapter 13?
3. What does Ray assume Jessie is in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 23, why does Frank Lyle apologize on television?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Mr. Neely say Miles does not want?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapters 17 and 18, what does Jessie overhear Mr. Neely say on the phone?
2. What does Jessie tell Mr. Neely when she is finally able to call him?
3. During Jessie's press conference in Chapter 21, what does she reveal about Clifton?
4. In Chapter 13, what things comfort Jessie?
5. Why does Jessie name the presidents in Chapter 21?
6. What does Jessie see on television in the hospital in Chapter 23?
7. How does Jessie feel when she meets Ray?
8. How does Jessie feel when she wakes up in Chapter 22 after fainting?
9. In Chapter 14, what do Jessie and the "fat man" talk about?
10. How does Jessie escape Mr. Neely's apartment?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)