|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 21, who is Jessie waiting for?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Radio stations.
(c) The police.
(d) The health department.
2. While riding the bus in Chapter 20, who does Jessie decide she must contact first?
(a) The Board of Health.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The police.
(d) The mayor.
3. How does Jessie feel after speaking with Mr. Neely for the first time?
4. What does Ray assume Jessie is in Chapter 16?
(a) A child.
(b) A hitchhiker.
(c) A street performer.
(d) A police aide.
5. What does Jessie do after escaping from Mr. Neely's apartment?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She throws up.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, who does Katie say she has not yet seen?
2. In Chapter 17, where does Jessie eat?
3. What does Jessie do when the bread truck driver opens the doors in Chapter 12?
4. How does Jessie know she isn't dreaming in Chapter 19?
5. Who makes Jessie go back to bed after watching television in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jessie feel when she wakes up in Chapter 22 after fainting?
2. In Chapter 14, what do Jessie and the "fat man" talk about?
3. What happens when Jessie calls the health department in Chapter 20?
4. How does Jessie get out of the bread truck?
5. Why does Jessie name the presidents in Chapter 21?
6. What does Jessie see on television in the hospital in Chapter 23?
7. What happens in Chapter 18 when Mr. Neely invites his friends over?
8. In Chapters 17 and 18, what does Jessie overhear Mr. Neely say on the phone?
9. What does Jessie learn about Mr. Seward in Chapter 22?
10. During Jessie's press conference in Chapter 21, what does she reveal about Clifton?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)