|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessie do when the bread truck driver opens the doors in Chapter 12?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She tells him where to go.
(c) She jumps out.
(d) She asks him to help her out.
2. In Chapter 21, what does Jessie overhear a cameraman ask?
(a) Why they are at the press conference.
(b) How they knew about the press conference.
(c) What time it is.
(d) Who the girl is.
3. Why does Ray say he stopped his car in Chapter 16?
(a) To ask Jessie directions.
(b) To get to know Jessie.
(c) To hurt Jessie.
(d) To help Jessie.
4. How does Jessie feel when she first sees Mr. Neely's apartment?
5. While escaping Mr. Neely's apartment in Chapter 19, who does Jessie think of to inspire her to be brave?
(a) The president.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jessie wakes up in Chapter 22, who does she first ask for?
2. In Chapter 22, where does Katie say the children from Clifton are?
3. Why does seeing Mr. Neely on television upset Jessie in Chapter 23?
4. What makes Jessie angry at the end of Chapter 23?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Jessie overhear Mr. Neely say will continue?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what do Jessie and the "fat man" talk about?
2. How does Jessie feel when she meets Ray?
3. What does Jessie learn in Chapter 22 about the Board of Health?
4. In Chapter 13, what things comfort Jessie?
5. How does Jessie escape Mr. Neely's apartment?
6. What happens in Chapter 18 when Mr. Neely invites his friends over?
7. Why does Mr. Neely give Jessie a glass of water when he first brings her to his apartment?
8. Why does Jessie think of her cat after jumping out of a window?
9. After first leaving Clifton, what things does Jessie question about money?
10. Why is Jessie so angry at the end of Chapter 23?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)