|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the middle school visitors to Clifton make fun of Clifton's school?
(a) Because of how they are dressed.
(b) Because of the languages they speak.
(c) Because of the age of the teachers.
(d) Because of what they are learning.
2. In Chapter 7, how does Jessie decide to try to fully escape Clifton?
(a) With a family.
(b) With a group of tourists.
(c) By herself.
(d) With a bunch of girls.
3. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie get to look back at life in Clifton?
(a) On television.
(b) By reading a book.
(c) Through mirrors.
(d) She refuses to watch life in Clifton.
4. In Chapter 1, how does Jessie describe herself as compared to the other Clifton children?
5. Why does Ma say Clifton was created?
(a) As a way to avoid paying taxes.
(b) As a way to avoid going to jail.
(c) As a way for the people of Clifton to make money.
(d) As a place for people to live simply.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie describe people outside of Clifton in Chapter 10?
2. When does Jessie say her family came to Clifton in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 6, when does Jessie try to find a bathroom?
4. In Chapter 5, what makes Jesse dizzy?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Jessie wonder about her holiday celebrations growing up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ma give Jessie before she leaves Clifton?
2. What does Jessie think when she first sees a row of school buses?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Jessie realize about her life in Clifton?
4. In Chapter 10, how does Jessie try to leave Clifton grounds?
5. What does Jessie do after leaving the bathroom in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 1, how does Jessie describe her family's house?
7. What does Jessie do when Ma visits with Sally and Betsy in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Jessie's mother leave the house in the middle of the night in Chapter 1?
9. What does Ma tell Jessie after they leave the Bentons' in Chapter 1?
10. How does Jessie avoid being caught by Clifton security in Chapter 6?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)