|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ma help Jessie escape Clifton at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) She digs in the dirt.
(b) She cuts open a fence.
(c) She finds a hidden door.
(d) She breaks the cameras.
2. In Chapter 6, what rumor does Jessie overhear about Clifton?
(a) That it will be shut down.
(b) That Mr. Clifton is selling it.
(c) That it makes a lot of money.
(d) That more people are moving in.
3. What do the haunted trees in Clifton surround?
(a) Jessie's parents' house.
(b) The school.
(c) The town square.
(d) The pond.
4. In Chapter 10, how does Jessie feel about the birds?
5. Why does Jessie say people waited until night to get sick in her village?
(a) It just happened that way.
(b) To avoid seeing the doctor.
(c) Because they were embarrassed.
(d) So they wouldn't miss work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Ma show Jessie in her bag?
2. How many children are in Jessie's family?
3. Why does Ma suggest Jessie meet with Mr. Neely in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Jessie walk on the grass while leaving Clifton?
5. What does Jessie do when she hears voices in the Clifton bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jessie think when she first sees a row of school buses?
2. After watching Clifton from the outside point of view, what does Jessie think of people in 1996?
3. In Chapter 7, what makes Jessie feel better about leaving Clifton?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Ma tell Jessie about clothing?
5. In Chapter 10, how does Jessie try to leave Clifton grounds?
6. What do Jessie's parents do to make their living in Clifton?
7. What does Jessie do when Ma visits with Sally and Betsy in Chapter 1?
8. What upsets Jessie about the middle school student visitors she meets?
9. How does Jessie escape from Clifton?
10. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie almost give away her true identity?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)