|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what makes Jesse dizzy?
(a) Staying up late with Ma.
(b) Not eating all morning.
(c) Seeing herself in different clothes.
(d) Thinking about leaving Clifton.
2. How does Jessie finally escape the grounds of Clifton?
(a) In the back of a bread truck.
(b) Walking behind a small truck.
(c) Inside a mail truck.
(d) Riding in the back of a pick-up truck.
3. What wakes Jessie in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Someone shaking her.
(b) The sun.
(c) A loud noise outside.
(d) Her mother's yelling.
4. Why does Ma suggest Jessie meet with Mr. Neely in Chapter 5?
(a) So she has a place to stay.
(b) So he can move back to Clifton.
(c) So she can find a good school to attend.
(d) So he can help the residents of Clifton.
5. In Chapter 7, how does Jessie decide to try to fully escape Clifton?
(a) By herself.
(b) With a bunch of girls.
(c) With a group of tourists.
(d) With a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where does the tour guide say Clifton residents have privacy?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Ma show Jessie in her bag?
3. Why do the middle school visitors to Clifton make fun of Clifton's school?
4. What does Ma say Mr. Clifton would miss too much if he lived in Clifton?
5. How does Jessie decide where to walk in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about bathrooms to Jessie after she leaves Clifton?
2. What was Ma's life like before moving to Clifton?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie almost give away her true identity?
4. What does Jessie do after leaving the bathroom in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 6, what things does Jessie overhear Clifton employees talk about?
6. In Chapter 7, what makes Jessie feel better about leaving Clifton?
7. In Chapter 8, what does Jessie realize about her life in Clifton?
8. In Chapter 5, what does Ma tell Jessie about clothing?
9. Why does Ma tell Jessie to find Mr. Neely?
10. When Jessie sees the Clifton school house from the outside in Chapter 9, what happens?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)