|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While escaping Mr. Neely's apartment in Chapter 19, who does Jessie think of to inspire her to be brave?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The president.
2. After Jessie's news conference, who do the reporters call?
(a) Mr. Neely.
(b) The Health Department.
(c) Other reporters.
(d) The hospital.
3. In Chapter 18, what does Mr. Neely say Miles does not want?
(a) Someone to die.
(b) Someone to escape Clifton.
(c) The press to find Jessie.
(d) The press to come to his house.
4. Who does Katie say helped the police break into the school house?
5. In Chapter 15, where does Jessie think she will have to walk?
(a) To Mr. Neely's.
(b) Into the city.
(c) Across a highway.
(d) Back to Clifton.
6. In Chapter 20, what does the old woman tell Jessie at the bus stop?
(a) That she can take the bus downtown.
(b) That she looks terrible.
(c) That she can pay for Jessie's bus ride.
(d) That she can give great directions.
7. What does Katie say Mr. Seward did when the Board of Health showed up at Clifton?
(a) He burned down the doctor's office.
(b) He locked the door to his store.
(c) He ran out a secret gate.
(d) He pointed a gun at the school children.
8. While riding the bus in Chapter 20, who does Jessie decide she must contact first?
(a) The police.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The Board of Health.
(d) The mayor.
9. Why does Miles Clifton apologize on television in Chapter 23?
(a) For opening Clifton.
(b) For lying about Clifton.
(c) For what happened in Clifton.
(d) He doesn't apologize.
10. In Chapter 23, why does Jessie start walking around the hospital?
(a) She can't sleep.
(b) She is looking for Katie.
(c) The nurses tell her she has to walk.
(d) She hears her mother.
11. In Chapter 13, what does Jessie lunch remind her of?
(b) The middle school students.
(d) Her mother.
12. In Chapter 22, where does Katie say she saw Jessie?
(a) From a passing car.
(b) In a phone booth.
(c) On the steps.
(d) In a black box.
13. How does Jessie feel when she first sees Mr. Neely's apartment?
14. What does Ray assume Jessie is in Chapter 16?
(a) A hitchhiker.
(b) A street performer.
(c) A child.
(d) A police aide.
15. In the beginning of Chapter 21, who is Jessie waiting for?
(a) The police.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Radio stations.
(d) The health department.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why does the fat man yell at Jessie?
2. After Jessie's press conference, why do many reporters not want to publish Jessie's story?
3. Why are the reporters at the press conference confused when Jessie mentions Mr. Neely?
4. In Chapter 22, who does Katie say she has not yet seen?
5. What confuses Jessie the first time she uses a phone?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)