|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jessie have to land on the ledge when jumping from Mr. Neely's window?
(a) She'll break her legs if she doesn't.
(b) It leads her to the nearest street.
(c) She has to avoid the ledge.
(d) It will keep her landing quiet.
2. How does Jessie know she isn't dreaming in Chapter 19?
(a) She splashes water on her face.
(b) She discovers the door is locked.
(c) She pinches herself.
(d) She shakes her head side to side.
3. What does Miles Clifton say is weakening the human gene pool?
(a) Modern medicine.
(c) Audio-visual technology.
4. What does Jessie remember the adults in Clifton saying about money?
(a) That all money was the same.
(b) That money was a joke.
(c) That money ran the world.
(d) That there were money problems.
5. Why does Miles Clifton apologize on television in Chapter 23?
(a) For what happened in Clifton.
(b) For lying about Clifton.
(c) For opening Clifton.
(d) He doesn't apologize.
6. In Chapter 15, where does Jessie think she will have to walk?
(a) Back to Clifton.
(b) To Mr. Neely's.
(c) Across a highway.
(d) Into the city.
7. In Chapter 18, what does Jessie overhear Mr. Neely say will continue?
(a) The drugging.
(b) The research.
(c) The plan.
(d) The torture.
8. In Chapter 17, why does Mr. Neely tell a stranger on the phone that he may have to kill Jessie?
(a) Because she is getting him in trouble.
(b) Because she knows too much.
(c) He doesn't say this.
(d) Because she is sick.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 21, who is Jessie waiting for?
(a) The police.
(b) Radio stations.
(c) The health department.
(d) The mayor.
10. Who makes Jessie go back to bed after watching television in Chapter 23?
(a) A nurse.
(c) An old man.
(d) A doctor.
11. In Chapter 15, what does the mystery man do after meeting Jessie?
(a) He shakes her hand.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He takes down notes.
(d) He runs away.
12. In Chapter 18, how many people come to Mr. Neely's apartment?
13. Why does Ray say he stopped his car in Chapter 16?
(a) To help Jessie.
(b) To hurt Jessie.
(c) To ask Jessie directions.
(d) To get to know Jessie.
14. While riding the bus in Chapter 20, who does Jessie decide she must contact first?
(a) The Board of Health.
(b) The police.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The mayor.
15. Why are the reporters at the press conference confused when Jessie mentions Mr. Neely?
(a) Because Mr. Neely gave them an interview recently.
(b) Because Mr. Neely is known for being honest.
(c) Because they don't know who Mr. Neely is.
(d) Because Mr. Neely is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does seeing Mr. Neely on television upset Jessie in Chapter 23?
2. What does Jessie tell Mr. Neely they should do when she first calls him?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Jessie lunch remind her of?
4. In Chapter 14, why does the fat man yell at Jessie?
5. What does Katie reveal at the end of Chapter 22?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)