|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why is Mr. Neely so comfortable having people over when Jessie is at his apartment?
(a) He isn't comfortable.
(b) He thinks she is drugged.
(c) He wants to introduce her.
(d) He has her room locked.
2. What does Jessie do with the glass of water Mr. Neely gives her in Chapter 17?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She leaves it on the table.
(c) She washes her face with it.
(d) She drinks it slowly.
3. How does Tol act around Jessie when Ray speaks with her?
(a) He teases her.
(b) He stays in the car.
(c) He isn't there yet.
(d) He interrupts frequently.
4. In Chapter 12, why does the driver stop the bread truck?
(a) He comes to a red light.
(b) He has a flat tire.
(c) He hears Jessie in the back.
(d) He hears Jessie yelling to him to stop.
5. Why doesn't Jessie want to talk to the old woman on the bus?
(a) Because Jessie is tired.
(b) Because Jessie wants to think.
(c) Because the old woman seems crazy.
(d) Jessie wants to talk to the old woman.
6. In Chapter 17, why does Mr. Neely tell a stranger on the phone that he may have to kill Jessie?
(a) Because she is getting him in trouble.
(b) Because she knows too much.
(c) He doesn't say this.
(d) Because she is sick.
7. What does Katie reveal at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) That none of the Clifton children have seen their parents since leaving Clifton.
(b) That everyone things Jessie is a hero.
(c) That the police put all the children in handcuffs.
(d) That Mr. Seward was in jail.
8. What does Jessie do at her press conference when the crowd thinks she is joking?
(a) She says she is a resident of Clifton.
(b) She says she is sick.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She says she won't take much time.
9. In Chapter 18, what does Jessie overhear Mr. Neely say will continue?
(a) The research.
(b) The drugging.
(c) The torture.
(d) The plan.
10. What highway sign is Jessie looking for when she leaves Clifton?
(a) She isn't sure what sign to look for.
(b) North 37.
(c) West 75.
(d) Main South.
11. Why does Miles Clifton apologize on television in Chapter 23?
(a) He doesn't apologize.
(b) For opening Clifton.
(c) For what happened in Clifton.
(d) For lying about Clifton.
12. What does Ray assume Jessie is in Chapter 16?
(a) A hitchhiker.
(b) A child.
(c) A street performer.
(d) A police aide.
13. In Chapter 15, where does Jessie think she will have to walk?
(a) To Mr. Neely's.
(b) Into the city.
(c) Across a highway.
(d) Back to Clifton.
14. How does Jessie feel when she wakes up in Chapter 19?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is in confused.
(d) She is happy.
15. Why does seeing Mr. Neely on television upset Jessie in Chapter 23?
(a) She isn't upset when she sees him on television.
(b) She doesn't realize he isn't actually there.
(c) She is reminded of jumping from a window.
(d) She thinks people are celebrating him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie feel when she first sees Mr. Neely's apartment?
2. Why does Ray say he stopped his car in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Jessie worry about calling Mr. Neely in Chapter 13?
4. After Jessie's news conference, who do the reporters call?
5. After Jessie's press conference, why do many reporters not want to publish Jessie's story?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)