|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does the old woman tell Jessie at the bus stop?
(a) That she can pay for Jessie's bus ride.
(b) That she looks terrible.
(c) That she can give great directions.
(d) That she can take the bus downtown.
2. What happens at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) The mystery man grabs Jessie.
(b) Someone tells Jessie to hop in a car.
(c) Jessie sits down on a bench.
(d) Jessie finds a bike.
3. In Chapter 14, why does the fat man yell at Jessie?
(a) Because she is drinking unsafe water.
(b) Because she is trespassing.
(c) Because she is walking in the middle of a street.
(d) Because she is blocking his path.
4. What does Mr. Neely agree to do the first time he speaks to Jessie on the phone?
(a) Give her money.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Pick her up.
(d) Tell her mother she is fine.
5. In Chapter 21, what does Jessie overhear a cameraman ask?
(a) What time it is.
(b) Why they are at the press conference.
(c) How they knew about the press conference.
(d) Who the girl is.
6. What does Jessie do when the bread truck driver opens the doors in Chapter 12?
(a) She tells him where to go.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She jumps out.
(d) She asks him to help her out.
7. In Chapter 15, where does Jessie think she will have to walk?
(a) Back to Clifton.
(b) Into the city.
(c) Across a highway.
(d) To Mr. Neely's.
8. In Chapter 12, why does the driver stop the bread truck?
(a) He comes to a red light.
(b) He has a flat tire.
(c) He hears Jessie in the back.
(d) He hears Jessie yelling to him to stop.
9. In Chapter 23, what do Frank Lyle and Miles Clifton warn people about?
(a) Super germs.
(c) Invading animals.
(d) Closing Clifton.
10. What does Jessie do with the glass of water Mr. Neely gives her in Chapter 17?
(a) She leaves it on the table.
(b) She throws it away.
(c) She drinks it slowly.
(d) She washes her face with it.
11. Why doesn't Jessie want to talk to the old woman on the bus?
(a) Because Jessie is tired.
(b) Because the old woman seems crazy.
(c) Because Jessie wants to think.
(d) Jessie wants to talk to the old woman.
12. What does Jessie do after escaping from Mr. Neely's apartment?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She throws up.
(c) She runs.
(d) She cries.
13. While escaping Mr. Neely's apartment in Chapter 19, who does Jessie think of to inspire her to be brave?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The president.
(d) Her father.
14. Who makes Jessie go back to bed after watching television in Chapter 23?
(b) A doctor.
(c) An old man.
(d) A nurse.
15. In Chapter 23, why does Frank Lyle apologize on television?
(a) He doesn't apologize.
(b) For running out of money.
(c) For being a poor scientist.
(d) For pretending to be Mr. Neely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miles Clifton apologize on television in Chapter 23?
2. What does Ray assume Jessie is in Chapter 16?
3. What does Ma give Jessie along with a packed lunch?
4. In Chapter 22, who does Katie say she has not yet seen?
5. Why does Jessie not lie down in bed in Chapter 17?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)