|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miles Clifton apologize on television in Chapter 23?
(a) For lying about Clifton.
(b) For what happened in Clifton.
(c) He doesn't apologize.
(d) For opening Clifton.
2. After Jessie's news conference, who do the reporters call?
(a) Mr. Neely.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Other reporters.
(d) The Health Department.
3. What does Miles Clifton say is weakening the human gene pool?
(a) Modern medicine.
(d) Audio-visual technology.
4. What does Jessie do when the bread truck driver opens the doors in Chapter 12?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She jumps out.
(c) She asks him to help her out.
(d) She tells him where to go.
5. Who makes Jessie go back to bed after watching television in Chapter 23?
(b) An old man.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
6. What surprises Jessie the most the first time she visits a store in 1996?
(a) The variety of drinks.
(b) The prices.
(c) The way people dress.
(d) The food.
7. What does Ma give Jessie along with a packed lunch?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) A picture of Pa.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) A map.
8. What does the old woman on the bus tell Jessie that is helpful?
(a) How to find the police station.
(b) How to navigate a bus system.
(c) How to use an ATM.
(d) How to look up phone numbers.
9. In Chapter 23, why does Frank Lyle apologize on television?
(a) For being a poor scientist.
(b) He doesn't apologize.
(c) For pretending to be Mr. Neely.
(d) For running out of money.
10. How does Jessie know she isn't dreaming in Chapter 19?
(a) She shakes her head side to side.
(b) She splashes water on her face.
(c) She pinches herself.
(d) She discovers the door is locked.
11. In Chapter 23, why does Jessie start walking around the hospital?
(a) She can't sleep.
(b) The nurses tell her she has to walk.
(c) She hears her mother.
(d) She is looking for Katie.
12. What does Katie say Mr. Seward did when the Board of Health showed up at Clifton?
(a) He locked the door to his store.
(b) He ran out a secret gate.
(c) He pointed a gun at the school children.
(d) He burned down the doctor's office.
13. What does Jessie do after escaping from Mr. Neely's apartment?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She runs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She throws up.
14. How does Jessie feel when she first sees Mr. Neely's apartment?
15. How does Jessie feel after speaking with Mr. Neely for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray assume Jessie is in Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 18, how many people come to Mr. Neely's apartment?
3. What does Jessie do at her press conference when the crowd thinks she is joking?
4. In Chapter 21, what does Jessie overhear a cameraman ask?
5. Why does the woman at the State Health Department hang up on Jessie the first time she calls?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)