|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie get to look back at life in Clifton?
(a) She refuses to watch life in Clifton.
(b) By reading a book.
(c) Through mirrors.
(d) On television.
2. What do the haunted trees in Clifton surround?
(a) The pond.
(b) The school.
(c) The town square.
(d) Jessie's parents' house.
3. Where do the men search for Jessie in Chapter 6?
(a) In the parking lot.
(b) In the stage coach room.
(c) They don't search for Jessie.
(d) In the underground hallway.
4. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie describe the middle school students?
5. How does Miles Clifton keep Clifton residents from escaping?
(a) He drugs the villagers.
(b) He lets the villagers escape.
(c) The village is guarded.
(d) No one wants to escape.
6. What does Ma say Mr. Clifton would miss too much if he lived in Clifton?
(a) His limos.
(b) His food.
(c) His money.
(d) His wife.
7. How does Jessie describe her village at night?
8. What does Jessie do when Nicole asks her to visit the gift shop in Chapter 9?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She says she has to go.
(c) She asks Nicole where the door is.
(d) She agrees to go with Nicole.
9. In Chapter 7, what sounds confuses Jessie?
(a) A lock turning.
(b) A sink running.
(c) A phone ringing.
(d) A toilet flushing.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 6, where is Jessie?
(a) On top of a building.
(b) In a corridor.
(c) Trapped behind a fence.
(d) On a balcony.
11. In Chapter 1, where does Jessie say her family lived before Clifton?
(c) New York.
12. In Chapter 8, who says that the residents of Clifton receive medical care?
(a) A middle school student.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The tour guide.
13. How does Ma help Jessie escape Clifton at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) She finds a hidden door.
(b) She digs in the dirt.
(c) She breaks the cameras.
(d) She cuts open a fence.
14. Why does Jessie join the group of middle school students in Chapter 8?
(a) Because she is hiding from Mr. Clifton.
(b) Because she fits in.
(c) Because they force her.
(d) Because they are leaving at the same time.
15. In Chapter 8, where is Pa when Jessie sees him?
(a) Working in his blacksmith shop.
(b) Talking to the doctor.
(c) Playing outside.
(d) At home with Ma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ma take Jessie to talk about a dangerous task in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 11, what does the family in the car say to upset Jessie?
3. Why does Jessie say Mr. Steward once spanked her?
4. Who does Ma say forced the quarantine signs to be taken off of doors in Clifton?
5. What does Jessie discover about the common areas of Clifton in Chapter 8?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)