|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie describe the middle school students?
2. In Chapter 10, why can't Jessie escape over the fence?
(a) Because there is barbed wire on the fence.
(b) Because the fence is electrocuted.
(c) Because she can't climb a fence.
(d) Because there are cameras following her.
3. Why does Jessie walk on the grass while leaving Clifton?
(a) Because there is only grass to walk on.
(b) Because it is softer to walk on.
(c) So she is harder to see.
(d) So her shoes won't wear down.
4. Whose phone number does Jessie put in her pocket in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Seward's.
(b) Mr. Neely's.
(c) Mr. Clifton's.
(d) An unknown number.
5. What does Jessie say is haunted in Clifton?
(a) The river.
(b) The trees.
(c) The general store.
(d) Her log cabin.
6. What does Jessie do when the lights turn on while she is escaping?
(a) Goes back to Clifton.
(b) Hides in the dark areas.
(c) Runs straight ahead.
(d) Lies on the ground.
7. How does Jessie end up escaping from Clifton?
(a) Through a manhole cover.
(b) Through a hole in the fence.
(c) By climbing over a fence.
(d) By running out the front gates.
8. What wakes Jessie in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Someone shaking her.
(b) A loud noise outside.
(c) Her mother's yelling.
(d) The sun.
9. Why does Ma say she moved to Clifton?
(a) She was forced to.
(b) She needed to go into hiding.
(c) She was trying to make Pa happy.
(d) She wanted to start over.
10. Where does Jessie hide in the room filled with stage coaches?
(a) Inside a stage coach.
(b) On top of a stage coach.
(c) Under a stage coach.
(d) Behind the door of the room.
11. In Chapter 1, how does Jessie describe herself as compared to the other Clifton children?
12. How does Jessie describe her village at night?
13. What does Ma give Jessie before she leaves Clifton?
(c) A book.
(d) A cell phone.
14. Why does Ma suggest Jessie meet with Mr. Neely in Chapter 5?
(a) So he can help the residents of Clifton.
(b) So she can find a good school to attend.
(c) So he can move back to Clifton.
(d) So she has a place to stay.
15. In Chapter 9, where does the tour guide say Clifton residents have privacy?
(a) In school.
(b) No where.
(c) In their homes.
(d) At the doctor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why won't Jessie's mother let her see Betsy?
2. Why does Jessie leave her oil lamp lit when she waits outside the Benton's cabin in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 5, what makes Jesse dizzy?
4. In Chapter 5, how does Ma describe Mr. Neely?
5. In Chapter 8, where is Pa when Jessie sees him?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)