1. What wakes Jessie in "Chapter 1"?
2. What is Jessie's mother's role in the village?
3. Why does Jessie say people waited until night to get sick in her village?
To avoid seeing the doctor.
4. In Chapter 1, why won't Jessie's mother let her see Betsy?
Because Betsy is sick.
5. In Chapter 1, why does Jessie say she is glad to not be a grown-up?
6. What does Jessie's mom say her other children could sleep through?
7. How does Jessie describe her village at night?
This section contains 4,968 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)