|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Jessie the first time she uses a phone?
(a) Which end to speak into.
(b) Where to put the money.
(c) How to hold it.
(d) How to dial.
2. In Chapter 23, what do Frank Lyle and Miles Clifton warn people about?
(a) Closing Clifton.
(b) Super germs.
(d) Invading animals.
3. In Chapter 8, where is Pa when Jessie sees him?
(a) Working in his blacksmith shop.
(b) Talking to the doctor.
(c) Playing outside.
(d) At home with Ma.
4. Why does Jessie not lie down in bed in Chapter 17?
(a) There isn't a bed in her room.
(b) She is too awake to sleep.
(c) She wants to hear Mr. Neely on the phone.
(d) She thinks the modern bed is uncomfortable.
5. In Chapter 9, why does the tour guide say people moved to Clifton?
(a) Because they had no where else to go.
(b) So they could live how they wanted to.
(c) Because they were paid to live there.
(d) So they could run social experiments.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jessie say her family came to Clifton in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 18, what does Mr. Neely say during his phone call?
3. Why do the reporters stop walking away during Jessie's press conference?
4. Why does Jessie worry about calling Mr. Neely in Chapter 13?
5. How does Jessie feel when she first sees Mr. Neely's apartment?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)