|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jessie realize Katie is ill?
(a) On their way home from school.
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) During school.
(d) Before they go to bed.
2. What did Ma do for a living before moving to Clifton?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie describe the middle school students?
4. What surprises Jessie the most the first time she visits a store in 1996?
(a) The way people dress.
(b) The food.
(c) The variety of drinks.
(d) The prices.
5. What does Jessie tell Mr. Neely they should do when she first calls him?
(a) Hold a press conference.
(b) Create their own plan.
(c) Meet with the newspaper.
(d) Rescue her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who says that the residents of Clifton receive medical care?
2. What does Jessie do when the lights turn on while she is escaping?
3. In Chapter 12, why does the driver stop the bread truck?
4. What does Jessie's mom say her other children could sleep through?
5. In Chapter 5, what confuses Ma as she explains Clifton to Jessie?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)