|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what does Mr. Neely say during his phone call?
(a) That he is seeing too many people tonight.
(b) That he is seeing the past.
(c) That he is seeing something through.
(d) That he is seeing a problem beginning.
2. What confuses Jessie the first time she uses a phone?
(a) Where to put the money.
(b) Which end to speak into.
(c) How to hold it.
(d) How to dial.
3. In Chapter 21, what does Jessie overhear a cameraman ask?
(a) What time it is.
(b) Who the girl is.
(c) Why they are at the press conference.
(d) How they knew about the press conference.
4. While hiding in Chapter 6, what does Jessie hear someone say about Clifton security?
(a) That it is underfunded.
(b) That it is easy to escape.
(c) That it is run by a fool.
(d) That it is worse than prison.
5. In Chapter 18, why is Mr. Neely so comfortable having people over when Jessie is at his apartment?
(a) He has her room locked.
(b) He wants to introduce her.
(c) He isn't comfortable.
(d) He thinks she is drugged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Jessie go back to bed after watching television in Chapter 23?
2. Why does Pa return to Clifton at the end of Chapter 25?
3. How does Jessie bump her head in Chapter 18?
4. What does Katie say Mr. Seward did when the Board of Health showed up at Clifton?
5. What does Jessie's mom say her other children could sleep through?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)