|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 -18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessie overhear two men talking about in Chapter 6?
(a) How they dislike their jobs.
(b) How they want to live in Clifton.
(c) How they are trying to get a raise.
(d) How they are looking for a girl.
2. What disease is affecting the children of Clifton?
(c) Yellow fever.
3. In Chapter 18, what does Jessie overhear Mr. Neely say will continue?
(a) The research.
(b) The plan.
(c) The drugging.
(d) The torture.
4. Why does Jessie walk on the grass while leaving Clifton?
(a) Because it is softer to walk on.
(b) Because there is only grass to walk on.
(c) So her shoes won't wear down.
(d) So she is harder to see.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 6, where is Jessie?
(a) Trapped behind a fence.
(b) On a balcony.
(c) On top of a building.
(d) In a corridor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie feel after speaking with Mr. Neely for the first time?
2. What does Jessie do when Nicole asks her to visit the gift shop in Chapter 9?
3. What does Ma tell Jessie to say she is doing after school at the end of Chapter 1?
4. What does Jessie do with the glass of water Mr. Neely gives her in Chapter 17?
5. Why is Jessie excited to see girls from 1996?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)