|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 -18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What historical town does Ma compare Clifton to?
(d) New York City.
2. What does Jessie tell Mr. Neely they should do when she first calls him?
(a) Rescue her mother.
(b) Meet with the newspaper.
(c) Hold a press conference.
(d) Create their own plan.
3. How does Jessie decide where to walk in Chapter 10?
(a) She follows a row of trees.
(b) She follows a school bus.
(c) She follows exit signs.
(d) She follows a group of students.
4. In Chapter 9, why does the tour guide say people moved to Clifton?
(a) So they could run social experiments.
(b) Because they were paid to live there.
(c) Because they had no where else to go.
(d) So they could live how they wanted to.
5. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Jessie wonder about her holiday celebrations growing up?
(a) If people still celebrate the same way.
(b) If they were fake.
(c) If they were authentic to the period.
(d) If people watched them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessie do before meeting her mother at the forbidden rock for the second time?
2. What does Ma say Mr. Clifton would miss too much if he lived in Clifton?
3. Why does Jessie say people waited until night to get sick in her village?
4. Why does Jessie say Mr. Steward once spanked her?
5. What disease is affecting the children of Clifton?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)