|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 -18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jessie say her family came to Clifton in Chapter 1?
2. What does Jessie do when she hears voices in the Clifton bathroom?
(a) She stands on the toilet seat.
(b) She runs out of the bathroom.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She peeks at the girls.
3. In Chapter 1, why won't Jessie's mother let her see Betsy?
(a) Because Betsy is angry.
(b) Because she isn't sure where Betsy is.
(c) Because Betsy is sick.
(d) Because Betsy is sleeping.
4. In Chapter 12, why does the driver stop the bread truck?
(a) He has a flat tire.
(b) He hears Jessie yelling to him to stop.
(c) He comes to a red light.
(d) He hears Jessie in the back.
5. What confuses Jessie the first time she uses a phone?
(a) How to hold it.
(b) How to dial.
(c) Which end to speak into.
(d) Where to put the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why can't Jessie escape over the fence?
2. In Chapter 7, what sounds confuses Jessie?
3. What does Ma say Miles Clifton is most concerned about in his village?
4. In Chapter 5, how does Ma describe Mr. Neely?
5. What does Ma say Mr. Clifton would miss too much if he lived in Clifton?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)