|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessie do before meeting her mother at the forbidden rock for the second time?
(a) She collects herbs.
(b) She puts Katie to bed.
(c) She finishes her chores.
(d) She helps Hannah lift a log.
2. In Chapter 5, how does Ma describe Mr. Neely?
(a) As being like a brother to her.
(b) As being against the village of Clifton.
(c) As being a level-headed journalist.
(d) As being a founding father of Clifton.
3. In Chapter 1, why does Jessie say she is glad to not be a grown-up?
(a) The cleaning.
(b) The cooking.
(c) The clothing.
(d) Jessie says she wishes she was a grown-up.
4. In Chapter 5, what confuses Ma as she explains Clifton to Jessie?
(a) Pa's disappearance.
(b) The movement of the cameras.
(c) Mr. Seward's involvement with Clifton.
(d) The lack of medical supplies.
5. What startles Jessie in Chapter 10?
(a) A car horn.
(b) A radio.
(d) A truck's engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie end up escaping from Clifton?
2. In Chapter 10, how does Jessie feel about the birds?
3. In Chapter 7, how does Jessie decide to try to fully escape Clifton?
4. What historical town does Ma compare Clifton to?
5. Why does Ma suggest Jessie meet with Mr. Neely in Chapter 5?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)