|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jessie's mother's role in the village?
2. In Chapter 2, what is Hannah most worried about?
(b) Getting dressed.
(d) Going to school.
3. Where does Ma take Jessie to talk about a dangerous task in Chapter 1?
(a) To the Benton's backyard.
(b) To the general store.
(c) To the side of the river.
(d) To a hidden rock.
4. In Chapter 9, why does the tour guide say people moved to Clifton?
(a) So they could live how they wanted to.
(b) Because they were paid to live there.
(c) So they could run social experiments.
(d) Because they had no where else to go.
5. How does Miles Clifton keep Clifton residents from escaping?
(a) He lets the villagers escape.
(b) No one wants to escape.
(c) The village is guarded.
(d) He drugs the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does Jessie describe herself as compared to the other Clifton children?
2. What does Jessie do when she hears voices in the Clifton bathroom?
3. What disease is affecting the children of Clifton?
4. What does Ma give Jessie before she leaves Clifton?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie get to look back at life in Clifton?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)