|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 -8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jessie say is haunted in Clifton?
(a) The general store.
(b) The trees.
(c) The river.
(d) Her log cabin.
2. What does Jessie do when the lights turn on while she is escaping?
(a) Hides in the dark areas.
(b) Goes back to Clifton.
(c) Runs straight ahead.
(d) Lies on the ground.
3. Where do the men search for Jessie in Chapter 6?
(a) They don't search for Jessie.
(b) In the parking lot.
(c) In the underground hallway.
(d) In the stage coach room.
4. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie describe the middle school students?
5. Why does Ma suggest Jessie meet with Mr. Neely in Chapter 5?
(a) So he can move back to Clifton.
(b) So he can help the residents of Clifton.
(c) So she has a place to stay.
(d) So she can find a good school to attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ma say Clifton was created?
2. What does Jessie overhear two men talking about in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 2, why doesn't Jessie throw her hairbrush at Hannah?
4. In Chapter 5, how does Ma describe Mr. Neely?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, what does Jessie wonder about her holiday celebrations growing up?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)