|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says wives must be obedient to their husbands in Chapter 2?
(b) No one.
(d) The minister.
2. How does Jessie end up escaping from Clifton?
(a) By climbing over a fence.
(b) By running out the front gates.
(c) Through a manhole cover.
(d) Through a hole in the fence.
3. What historical town does Ma compare Clifton to?
(a) New York City.
4. In Chapter 2, why doesn't Jessie throw her hairbrush at Hannah?
(a) She does throws her hairbrush at Hannah.
(b) She can't find her hairbrush.
(c) She'd rather tease Hannah with it.
(d) She doesn't want to get in trouble.
5. Who does Ma say forced the quarantine signs to be taken off of doors in Clifton?
(a) Clifton and his men.
(b) Pa and the doctor.
(c) Mr. Seward and Mr. Clifton.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is Hannah most worried about?
2. What disease is affecting the children of Clifton?
3. What does Jessie say is haunted in Clifton?
4. How does Jessie describe her village at night?
5. What does Ma say Mr. Clifton would miss too much if he lived in Clifton?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)