|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Ma describe Mr. Neely?
(a) As being a level-headed journalist.
(b) As being like a brother to her.
(c) As being a founding father of Clifton.
(d) As being against the village of Clifton.
2. In Chapter 1, why does Ma tell Jessie to be careful?
(a) Because she is close to a sick person.
(b) Because she finds money.
(c) Because she trips.
(d) Because she knows a secret.
3. In Chapter 8, who says that the residents of Clifton receive medical care?
(a) A middle school student.
(b) The tour guide.
(c) The teacher.
4. In Chapter 18, why is Mr. Neely so comfortable having people over when Jessie is at his apartment?
(a) He wants to introduce her.
(b) He isn't comfortable.
(c) He thinks she is drugged.
(d) He has her room locked.
5. In Chapter 18, how many people come to Mr. Neely's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose phone number does Jessie put in her pocket in Chapter 5?
2. Who makes Jessie go back to bed after watching television in Chapter 23?
3. Why doesn't Jessie want to talk to the old woman on the bus?
4. Who does Ma say Miles Clifton wanted to visit his village?
5. What historical town does Ma compare Clifton to?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)