|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ma help Jessie escape Clifton at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) She breaks the cameras.
(b) She cuts open a fence.
(c) She digs in the dirt.
(d) She finds a hidden door.
2. How does Jessie describe a toilet in Chapter 6?
(a) As a machine.
(b) As a white chair.
(c) As a porcelain mystery.
(d) As a scary seat.
3. Why does Jessie leave her oil lamp lit when she waits outside the Benton's cabin in Chapter 1?
(a) For comfort.
(b) She doesn't leave it lit.
(c) To keep warm.
(d) So her mother can see her.
4. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie get to look back at life in Clifton?
(a) Through mirrors.
(b) By reading a book.
(c) She refuses to watch life in Clifton.
(d) On television.
5. Why does Jessie have to land on the ledge when jumping from Mr. Neely's window?
(a) It will keep her landing quiet.
(b) She has to avoid the ledge.
(c) She'll break her legs if she doesn't.
(d) It leads her to the nearest street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ma do for a living before moving to Clifton?
2. What does Ma tell Jessie to say she is doing after school at the end of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 1, where does Jessie say her family lived before Clifton?
4. Where does Jessie see a news conference in Chapter 20?
5. What does the old woman on the bus tell Jessie that is helpful?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)