|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does seeing Mr. Neely on television upset Jessie in Chapter 23?
(a) She thinks people are celebrating him.
(b) She doesn't realize he isn't actually there.
(c) She isn't upset when she sees him on television.
(d) She is reminded of jumping from a window.
2. Why do the reporters stop walking away during Jessie's press conference?
(a) The police show up.
(b) They believe what Jessie is saying.
(c) One reporter says they should hear Jessie out.
(d) They don't try to walk away at any point during the press conference.
3. In Chapter 23, what do Frank Lyle and Miles Clifton warn people about?
(b) Super germs.
(c) Closing Clifton.
(d) Invading animals.
4. What does Ray assume Jessie is in Chapter 16?
(a) A street performer.
(b) A police aide.
(c) A child.
(d) A hitchhiker.
5. In Chapter 9, where does the tour guide say Clifton residents have privacy?
(a) At the doctor's.
(b) In their homes.
(c) In school.
(d) No where.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tol act around Jessie when Ray speaks with her?
2. Why doesn't Jessie want to return to her room after watching television in Chapter 23?
3. What does Jessie say is haunted in Clifton?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 20, after jumping from the window, what does Jessie think of?
5. In Chapter 1, why won't Jessie's mother let her see Betsy?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)