|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 -8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Ma describe Mr. Neely?
(a) As being a level-headed journalist.
(b) As being like a brother to her.
(c) As being against the village of Clifton.
(d) As being a founding father of Clifton.
2. In Chapter 5, what makes Jesse dizzy?
(a) Not eating all morning.
(b) Thinking about leaving Clifton.
(c) Staying up late with Ma.
(d) Seeing herself in different clothes.
3. In Chapter 5, what confuses Ma as she explains Clifton to Jessie?
(a) Pa's disappearance.
(b) Mr. Seward's involvement with Clifton.
(c) The movement of the cameras.
(d) The lack of medical supplies.
4. What does Ma do before leaving the Bentons' house in Chapter 1?
(b) Nails a sign to the door.
(c) Lights a small fire.
(d) Says a prayer.
5. What does Jessie discover about the common areas of Clifton in Chapter 8?
(a) That they are all guarded.
(b) That they all have an emergency exit.
(c) That tourists can watch the residents through them.
(d) That they are being filmed by cameras.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jessie join the group of middle school students in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Ma show Jessie in her bag?
3. Why is Jessie excited to see girls from 1996?
4. How many children are in Jessie's family?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Jessie say she wants to do after learning the truth about Clifton?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)