|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 -8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What historical town does Ma compare Clifton to?
(d) New York City.
2. Why does Ma say Clifton was created?
(a) As a way to avoid going to jail.
(b) As a way to avoid paying taxes.
(c) As a way for the people of Clifton to make money.
(d) As a place for people to live simply.
3. How does Ma help Jessie escape Clifton at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) She digs in the dirt.
(b) She breaks the cameras.
(c) She cuts open a fence.
(d) She finds a hidden door.
4. What does Ma tell Jessie to say she is doing after school at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Helping her sister study.
(b) Going home to sleep.
(c) Looking for herbs.
(d) Visiting her grandmother.
5. In Chapter 2, why doesn't Jessie throw her hairbrush at Hannah?
(a) She doesn't want to get in trouble.
(b) She'd rather tease Hannah with it.
(c) She can't find her hairbrush.
(d) She does throws her hairbrush at Hannah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jessie hide in the room filled with stage coaches?
2. What does Ma say Mr. Clifton would miss too much if he lived in Clifton?
3. How many children are in Jessie's family?
4. In Chapter 1, how does Jessie describe herself as compared to the other Clifton children?
5. In Chapter 1, why does Jessie say she is glad to not be a grown-up?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)