|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 -8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jessie excited to see girls from 1996?
(a) Because she is dressed like they are.
(b) Jessie isn't excited to see the girls.
(c) Because she knows she is free.
(d) Because they are so brave.
2. Why does Jessie join the group of middle school students in Chapter 8?
(a) Because they force her.
(b) Because they are leaving at the same time.
(c) Because she fits in.
(d) Because she is hiding from Mr. Clifton.
3. In Chapter 1, why does Jessie say she is glad to not be a grown-up?
(a) The cleaning.
(b) The cooking.
(c) Jessie says she wishes she was a grown-up.
(d) The clothing.
4. What wakes Jessie in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Someone shaking her.
(b) The sun.
(c) Her mother's yelling.
(d) A loud noise outside.
5. While living in Clifton, how does Jessie style her hair each day?
(c) A messy bun.
(d) She leaves it down.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why won't Jessie's mother let her see Betsy?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 6, where is Jessie?
3. What makes Jessie wonder if slavery has been overturned in Chapter 8?
4. How does Jessie describe her village at night?
5. In Chapter 2, why doesn't Jessie throw her hairbrush at Hannah?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)