|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 -8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what confuses Ma as she explains Clifton to Jessie?
(a) Mr. Seward's involvement with Clifton.
(b) Pa's disappearance.
(c) The movement of the cameras.
(d) The lack of medical supplies.
2. Why does Jessie leave her oil lamp lit when she waits outside the Benton's cabin in Chapter 1?
(a) So her mother can see her.
(b) For comfort.
(c) She doesn't leave it lit.
(d) To keep warm.
3. In Chapter 1, why does Ma tell Jessie to be careful?
(a) Because she finds money.
(b) Because she is close to a sick person.
(c) Because she trips.
(d) Because she knows a secret.
4. Why is Jessie excited to see girls from 1996?
(a) Because she knows she is free.
(b) Because she is dressed like they are.
(c) Jessie isn't excited to see the girls.
(d) Because they are so brave.
5. Why does Ma say Clifton was created?
(a) As a way to avoid paying taxes.
(b) As a way for the people of Clifton to make money.
(c) As a way to avoid going to jail.
(d) As a place for people to live simply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jessie's mother's role in the village?
2. What year does Ma tell Jessie it really is?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Ma show Jessie in her bag?
4. What happens at the very end of Chapter 5?
5. How does Jessie find the room filled with stage coaches?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)