|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jessie say people waited until night to get sick in her village?
(a) Because they were embarrassed.
(b) It just happened that way.
(c) To avoid seeing the doctor.
(d) So they wouldn't miss work.
2. In Chapter 2, what is Hannah most worried about?
(a) Going to school.
(d) Getting dressed.
3. How does Jessie find the room filled with stage coaches?
(a) Someone points it out to her.
(b) She is curious about the doors.
(c) She is running away.
(d) She is shoved in it.
4. What did Ma do for a living before moving to Clifton?
5. What disease is affecting the children of Clifton?
(d) Yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie describe her village at night?
2. In Chapter 1, why does Jessie say she is glad to not be a grown-up?
3. After Jessie leaves the bread truck, how does she feel about the driver?
4. Why does Jessie walk on the grass while leaving Clifton?
5. What does Ma give Jessie before she leaves Clifton?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)