|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jessie say people waited until night to get sick in her village?
(a) Because they were embarrassed.
(b) So they wouldn't miss work.
(c) It just happened that way.
(d) To avoid seeing the doctor.
2. What startles Jessie in Chapter 10?
(a) A radio.
(b) A truck's engine.
(c) A car horn.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Jessie say she wants to do after learning the truth about Clifton?
(a) Run away immediately.
(b) Pretend like she didn't hear the truth.
(c) Think about it for a day or so.
(d) Talk to Pa.
4. How does Jessie decide where to walk in Chapter 10?
(a) She follows exit signs.
(b) She follows a row of trees.
(c) She follows a school bus.
(d) She follows a group of students.
5. How does Jessie describe her village at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the haunted trees in Clifton surround?
2. In Chapter 12, why does the driver stop the bread truck?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Jessie describe the middle school students?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 6, where is Jessie?
5. In Chapter 1, where does Jessie say her family lived before Clifton?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)