|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jessie have to land on the ledge when jumping from Mr. Neely's window?
(a) She has to avoid the ledge.
(b) It leads her to the nearest street.
(c) She'll break her legs if she doesn't.
(d) It will keep her landing quiet.
2. What does Ma give Jessie along with a packed lunch?
(a) A picture of Pa.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A map.
(d) A driver's license.
3. In Chapter 14, why does the fat man yell at Jessie?
(a) Because she is trespassing.
(b) Because she is walking in the middle of a street.
(c) Because she is blocking his path.
(d) Because she is drinking unsafe water.
4. After Jessie leaves the bread truck, how does she feel about the driver?
(a) She doesn't think about him at all.
(b) Afraid of him.
(c) Happy with him.
(d) Sorry for him.
5. What confuses Jessie the first time she uses a phone?
(a) Where to put the money.
(b) Which end to speak into.
(c) How to hold it.
(d) How to dial.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who says that the residents of Clifton receive medical care?
2. Why does Jessie worry about calling Mr. Neely in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 8, where is Pa when Jessie sees him?
4. Why do the reporters stop walking away during Jessie's press conference?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 6, where is Jessie?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)