|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jessie know she isn't dreaming in Chapter 19?
(a) She pinches herself.
(b) She discovers the door is locked.
(c) She splashes water on her face.
(d) She shakes her head side to side.
2. Who turns on the lights while Jessie is escaping Clifton?
(b) Jessie isn't sure.
(c) Clifton employees.
(d) Mr. Clifton.
3. In Chapter 14, why does the fat man yell at Jessie?
(a) Because she is drinking unsafe water.
(b) Because she is walking in the middle of a street.
(c) Because she is blocking his path.
(d) Because she is trespassing.
4. In Chapter 8, where is Pa when Jessie sees him?
(a) Playing outside.
(b) At home with Ma.
(c) Working in his blacksmith shop.
(d) Talking to the doctor.
5. What surprises Jessie the most the first time she visits a store in 1996?
(a) The prices.
(b) The food.
(c) The variety of drinks.
(d) The way people dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessie do after escaping from Mr. Neely's apartment?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Jessie decide to try to fully escape Clifton?
3. Why do the reporters stop walking away during Jessie's press conference?
4. How does Jessie feel when she wakes up in Chapter 19?
5. Why does Jessie worry about calling Mr. Neely in Chapter 13?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)