|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 21, who is Jessie waiting for?
(a) The health department.
(b) The police.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Radio stations.
2. Why is Jessie excited to see girls from 1996?
(a) Jessie isn't excited to see the girls.
(b) Because they are so brave.
(c) Because she is dressed like they are.
(d) Because she knows she is free.
3. Why doesn't Jessie want to talk to the old woman on the bus?
(a) Because Jessie is tired.
(b) Because Jessie wants to think.
(c) Because the old woman seems crazy.
(d) Jessie wants to talk to the old woman.
4. What makes Jessie wonder if slavery has been overturned in Chapter 8?
(a) Seeing a black man working at Clifton.
(b) Realizing 1996 is different from 1840.
(c) Seeing a black girl go to school with white girls.
(d) Hearing someone mention a black person.
5. Why does Jessie have to land on the ledge when jumping from Mr. Neely's window?
(a) It will keep her landing quiet.
(b) She'll break her legs if she doesn't.
(c) It leads her to the nearest street.
(d) She has to avoid the ledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jessie join the group of middle school students in Chapter 8?
2. What does Jessie do when she sees a $20 bill in Chapter 13?
3. What confuses Jessie the first time she uses a phone?
4. What does Jessie do when the bread truck driver opens the doors in Chapter 12?
5. What surprises Jessie the most the first time she visits a store in 1996?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)