1. What wakes Jessie in "Chapter 1"?
(a) Her mother's yelling.
(b) A loud noise outside.
(c) Someone shaking her.
(d) The sun.
2. What is Jessie's mother's role in the village?
3. Why does Jessie say people waited until night to get sick in her village?
(a) To avoid seeing the doctor.
(b) So they wouldn't miss work.
(c) Because they were embarrassed.
(d) It just happened that way.
4. In Chapter 1, why won't Jessie's mother let her see Betsy?
(a) Because she isn't sure where Betsy is.
(b) Because Betsy is sick.
(c) Because Betsy is angry.
(d) Because Betsy is sleeping.
5. In Chapter 1, why does Jessie say she is glad to not be a grown-up?
(a) The cooking.
(b) The cleaning.
(c) The clothing.
(d) Jessie says she wishes she was a grown-up.
6. What does Jessie's mom say her other children could sleep through?
(a) An alarm.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A blizzard.
7. How does Jessie describe her village at night?
This section contains 4,968 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)