• Jessie and her family live in a small village named Clifton.
• Jessie can't remember when her family moved from Pennsylvania in 1828.
• Jessie's mom goes out at night to help sick people, who try to avoid the village doctor.
• Ma says the illness going around the village is very serious, and that she may need Jessie to do something dangerous.
• Jessie is given directions to go to a secret meeting place after school the next day and wait for her mother.
• Jessie realizes that her younger sister, Katie, has become ill.
• Ma tells Jessie that it is really 1996 and not the 1840s.
• Ma explains how Clifton is a historical village created by Mr. Clifton who hopes to capture an authentic 1840s experience.
• Jessie learns that the children are being denied medical help when they are sick, but Ma doesn't know why.
• Ma tells Jessie to find...
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)