|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did the insurgents play with Michael's younger sister Susan when they came to Rock Hill?
2. How old was Michael when he left Ceylon?
3. Near what continent is Ceylon located?
4. How many brothers did Simon Ondaatje have?
5. How many pellets were found in Jessica Cantley's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael have to eat for lunch when he was at the old governor's home?
2. How much did Michael pay for a pair of sandals his first week in Ceylon?
3. How long after dawn would the garden be a blaze of heat, frantic with noise and butterflies?
4. What did men roll across the city?
5. How many ways were there to describe the smell of a durian fruit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the introduction to Chapter 1, what nightmare did Michael experience?
2. Why was it difficult for Mervyn's father to argue with Mervyn?
3. What did Michael see in a dream when he was staying at a friend's house near Lake Ontario?
4. What were the occupations of Simon Ondaatje and his brothers?
5. Describe the kabaragoya Michael and the children found dead on the beach.
6. How did Michael feel when he awoke from a friend's house near Lake Ontario?
7. Why did a Dutch governor's daughter appear as a ghost?
8. What happened at Philip Ondaatje's funeral?
9. What was Mervyn like when his dipsomania would recur?
10. What could Michael see and hear in his friend's house when he awoke from a dream?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)