|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Gasanawa group went to the December races, what would they order on their way?
2. How old was the fort, where the old governor's home was located?
(a) 250 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 150 years.
3. What color was a church painted that Michael saw on Reclamation Street in Colombo?
4. When was Reverend Jurgen Ondaatje the translator and chaplain in Colombo?
5. When was governor's house built?
(a) Around 1700.
(c) Around 1600.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a book Ian Goonetileke put together on the insurgency have to be published?
2. Where did Mervyn go to fight during a time when the university closed for vacation?
3. What type of pet was in the room of the friend's house where Michael awoke from a dream?
4. On page 24, what time was it when Michael sat in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
5. In the introduction to Chapter 1, how long had there been a drought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Michael dream on page 27?
2. What did Mervyn do instead of attending college in England?
3. Describe Michael's wildness at his farewell party.
4. Why did Mervyn take a short trip to Ireland when the university closed down?
5. What happened at Philip Ondaatje's funeral?
6. Describe the tombstone Michael and his family discovered in a church in Colombo.
7. What could Michael see and hear in his friend's house when he awoke from a dream?
8. What was Mervyn like when his dipsomania would recur?
9. What myth was told about thalagoya?
10. How did Michael feel when he awoke from a friend's house near Lake Ontario?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)