|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the introduction to Chapter 1, how long had there been a drought?
(a) Since December.
(b) Since March.
(c) Since November.
(d) Since April.
2. When was Mervyn sent to England to go to college?
3. How often would Philip Ondaatje travel to England?
(a) Every two years.
(b) Every other year.
(c) Every three years.
(d) Once a year.
4. On page 24, what time was it when Michael sat in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
(a) 4:00 p.m.
(b) 3:00 p.m.
(c) 2:15 p.m.
(d) 1:15 p.m.
5. What type of pet was in the room of the friend's house where Michael awoke from a dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it been since Michael had been in Ceylon?
2. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
3. What color was the uniform insurgents wore?
4. What did Michael have to eat for lunch when he was at the old governor's home?
5. When the Gasanawa group went to the December races, what would they order on their way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael feel when he awoke from a friend's house near Lake Ontario?
2. Describe Michael's wildness at his farewell party.
3. What would people do after the races were over for the day?
4. What did Mervyn use at Rock Hill to deter the snakes?
5. Describe the thalagoya.
6. What happened at Philip Ondaatje's funeral?
7. How did Michael eat the curry he had for lunch at the old governor's home?
8. Why was it difficult for Mervyn's father to argue with Mervyn?
9. When did Michael's parents' generation grow up?
10. In the introduction to Chapter 1, what nightmare did Michael experience?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)