|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was governor's house built?
(b) Around 1700.
(d) Around 1600.
2. How many pellets were found in Jessica Cantley's body?
3. How long was Robert Knox held captive by a Kandyan king?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. What color were the walls in the old governor's home when the Dutch first built the house?
(b) Sky blue.
(c) Egg white.
5. What was the occupation of the first of Michael's ancestors to arrive in Ceylon?
(a) Sea captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Michael's dream that caused him to return to Ceylon, what would he see his father surrounded by?
2. What color was a church painted that Michael saw on Reclamation Street in Colombo?
3. What dance was perfected on a rock at Gasanawa?
4. What covered the windows in homes in Ceylon?
5. What color were the walls in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael eat the curry he had for lunch at the old governor's home?
2. Why was Noel Gratiaen sent down from Oxford after his first year?
3. What could Michael see and hear in his friend's house when he awoke from a dream?
4. What were the occupations of Simon Ondaatje and his brothers?
5. Why did a Dutch governor's daughter appear as a ghost?
6. What did Michael see in a dream when he was staying at a friend's house near Lake Ontario?
7. When did Michael's parents' generation grow up?
8. What did Michael dream on page 27?
9. Describe the engagement ring that Mervyn bought for Doris and Gratiaen and how it was paid for.
10. What was Mervyn like when his dipsomania would recur?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)