|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1971, what was the average age of the insurgents?
2. How many poisons did William Charles Ondaatje discover in Ceylon?
3. In a dream Michael had on page 27, what shape was his body?
4. Where did a book Ian Goonetileke put together on the insurgency have to be published?
5. What color was a church painted that Michael saw on Reclamation Street in Colombo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mervyn become engaged to after his parents arrived in England unannounced?
2. How long did it take Mervyn's parents and sister to get to England by ship?
3. In the poem "Sweet Like a Crow," stepping on what bird was compared to the sound of someone's voice?
4. How old was Natalia Asarrapa when she married?
5. What color was the uniform insurgents wore?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Michael's parents' generation grow up?
2. What was Mervyn like when his dipsomania would recur?
3. What did Mervyn use at Rock Hill to deter the snakes?
4. Describe how a visitor would approach the old governor's house.
5. How did Michael eat the curry he had for lunch at the old governor's home?
6. Describe the tombstone Michael and his family discovered in a church in Colombo.
7. Describe Michael's wildness at his farewell party.
8. What did Lalla look like when she was at the racetrack?
9. What happened at Philip Ondaatje's funeral?
10. What were the occupations of Simon Ondaatje and his brothers?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)