|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university did Mervyn Ondaatje take entrance exams?
2. How long was Robert Knox held captive by a Kandyan king?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. When did Francis de Saram die?
4. When did Michael's ancestor first arrive in Ceylon?
5. When was D. H. Lawrence in Ceylon?
6. What was Philip Ondaatje's occupation?
(b) Plantation owner.
(c) Factory owner.
7. How old was Philip Ondaatje when he retired?
8. What color was the uniform insurgents wore?
9. What would Michael balance when he was drunk?
(c) Wine glass.
10. How far could a thalagoya leap from a tree to the ground?
(a) 40 ft.
(b) 10 ft.
(c) 20 ft.
(d) 5 ft.
11. Where did Mervyn go to fight during a time when the university closed for vacation?
12. During what months did Michael's grandparents move to Nuwara Eliya?
(a) September and October.
(b) April and May.
(c) March and April.
(d) June and July.
13. In the section titled "Tongue," what hotel on the beach did Michael and several of the children walk to?
(a) Casa Colombo Hotel.
(b) Bentota Beach Hotel.
(c) Pegasus Reef Hotel.
(d) Galle Face Hotel.
14. How many brothers did Simon Ondaatje have?
15. How often would Philip Ondaatje travel to England?
(a) Every other year.
(b) Every three years.
(c) Every two years.
(d) Once a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what ocean is Ceylon located?
2. How many sentries guarded the entrance to the old governor's home?
3. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
4. How tall were the doorways of the old governor's home?
5. When was Reverend Jurgen Ondaatje the translator and chaplain in Colombo?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)