|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Michael's ancestor first arrive in Ceylon?
2. What did men roll across the city?
(c) Food carts.
3. How many children did Michael's ancestor who first came to Ceylon have with his Sinhalese wife?
4. What time did Mervyn's parents arrive at his apartment unannounced when they came to England to confront him?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 7 p.m.
5. In what ocean is Ceylon located?
6. What color was the uniform insurgents wore?
7. How long after dawn would the garden be a blaze of heat, frantic with noise and butterflies?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
8. At what university did Mervyn Ondaatje take entrance exams?
9. How old was Natalia Asarrapa when she married?
10. When was D. H. Lawrence in Ceylon?
11. On their way to the December races, where would the Gasanawa group go swimming?
12. Near what continent is Ceylon located?
13. How old was Philip Ondaatje when he retired?
14. When was the poem "Women Like You" written?
(a) 5th century.
(b) 7th century.
(c) 6th century.
(d) 4th century.
15. When did Francis de Saram die?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Gasanawa group went to the December races, what would they order on their way?
2. How many sentries guarded the entrance to the old governor's home?
3. During what months did Michael's grandparents move to Nuwara Eliya?
4. What color were the walls in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
5. What color dress did the Dutch governor's daughter wear when she appeared as a ghost?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)