|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did the insurgents play with Michael's younger sister Susan when they came to Rock Hill?
2. When was the poem "Women Like You" written?
(a) 4th century.
(b) 6th century.
(c) 5th century.
(d) 7th century.
3. What type of pet was in the room of the friend's house where Michael awoke from a dream?
4. How long did it take Mervyn's parents and sister to get to England by ship?
(a) 18 days.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 24 days.
5. How long was the train ride from Colombo to Jaffna?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
6. Who did Mervyn become engaged to after his parents arrived in England unannounced?
(a) Anna Archer.
(b) Kaye Roseleap.
(c) Catherine Billings.
(d) Martina Bryant.
7. How old was Natalia Asarrapa when she married?
8. When was Reverend Jurgen Ondaatje the translator and chaplain in Colombo?
9. During what month would Doris and Lalla spend their time at the races?
10. How many sentries guarded the entrance to the old governor's home?
11. When did Michael's ancestor first arrive in Ceylon?
12. In 1971, what was the average age of the insurgents?
13. What was Philip Ondaatje's occupation?
(c) Factory owner.
(d) Plantation owner.
14. At what university did Mervyn Ondaatje take entrance exams?
15. What would Michael balance when he was drunk?
(d) Wine glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing Mervyn had to offer his parents and sister when they arrived in England?
2. How many pellets were found in Jessica Cantley's body?
3. What color was a church painted that Michael saw on Reclamation Street in Colombo?
4. Where did a book Ian Goonetileke put together on the insurgency have to be published?
5. How many brothers did Simon Ondaatje have?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)