|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, What We Think of Married Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease did one of Rene's cows catch?
(a) Milk fever.
(b) Mad cow disease.
(d) Rinderpest fever.
2. In Michael's dream that caused him to return to Ceylon, what would he see his father surrounded by?
(b) Friends drinking.
(d) Men with guns.
3. When was governor's house built?
(a) Around 1700.
(b) Around 1600.
4. How old was Philip Ondaatje when he retired?
5. In the middle of the 19th century, how old was the English officer who was ordered to organize the building of a road from Colombo to Kandy?
Short Answer Questions
1. On their way to the December races, where would the Gasanawa group go swimming?
2. What did Willie first attempt to raise when he lived at Palm Lodge?
3. In the introduction to Chapter 1, how long had there been a drought?
4. At the time that Michael traveled to Ceylon, how old was his Aunt Dolly?
5. When did Mervyn's parents discover he had not passed the entrance exams for the university?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)