|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Prodigal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mervyn's favorite resthouse?
2. What type of car did Mervyn and Doris ride in with their friends to the place where they were to be married?
3. In the middle of the 19th century, how old was the English officer who was ordered to organize the building of a road from Colombo to Kandy?
4. How old was Michael when he realized he had slipped past a childhood he had ignored and not understood?
(b) Mid 30s.
(c) Mid 20s.
5. What poets did Doris enjoy?
(a) Cather and Joyce.
(b) Tennyson and Yeats.
(c) Arnold and Aiken.
(d) Browning and Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would wake Michael and his siblings on the last estate where they lived as children?
2. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
3. How much did Michael's Aunt Dolly weigh?
4. How tall were the doorways of the old governor's home?
5. Who did Mervyn become engaged to while his parents thought he was a student?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)