|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Prodigal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the section "The Passions of Lalla," where did Michael say his grandmother died?
(a) In an automobile accident.
(b) At a jacaranda tree.
(c) In her bed.
(d) On a boat.
2. How much did Michael pay for a pair of sandals his first week in Ceylon?
(a) 35 cents.
(b) 25 cents.
(c) 15 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
3. As a teen, what song did Michael dance disgracefully to with girls?
(a) Sea of Heartbreak.
(b) Sloop John B.
(c) Harbour Lights.
(d) The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
4. How many children did Michael's ancestor who first came to Ceylon have with his Sinhalese wife?
5. What was Mervyn's rank in the Ceylon Light Infantry when Michael was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far apart were the resthouses in Ceylon?
2. What noise would awaken Michael at 3 a.m. when he was in the jungle?
3. What dance was perfected on a rock at Gasanawa?
4. How often would Philip Ondaatje travel to England?
5. How many deer did Michael and his family see on the other side of the lake when they were showering in the jungle rain?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)